It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What they won't say about Evolution.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Take a look at this site. I'm sure if you are educated enough you'll change your mind about "evolution."

www.drdino.com...

And make sure you read the articles.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mistress of Night
Take a look at this site. I'm sure if you are educated enough you'll change your mind about "evolution."

I'm curious as to what you imply with the term "educated enough".

The fact that creation science lacks real science is obvious. To argue that evolutionists are turning people away from God, tends to challenge people to either be on one side of the fence or the other. In this line of thinking, you either believe that the earth is 6,000 years old and that dinosaurs may well have been on Noah's ark or that the Bible is wrong and you are consequently dragging your children away from God. bleh. please.

This debate is old and tiring.

Believe what you will, but leave those of us lacking education alone to doom our children to a life of seeking answers not from a religious text, but from science and observation.

BG

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hey, I'm just trying to tell you the truth. But you know what is more important? I'm trying to save you people. Don't want my help, then fine! Guess what you just spoke? "Take one side of the fence or another." You just said it right there that the path of Evolution is misleading, and that Creation is the truth. Basically. Good vs Evil. Duh. And don't throw science in with this. I never said I was against science. I am against the non open minded who don't want to believe there is a God. I may have come off a little harsh to "evolutionists" but it is because I am fed up with this lie. If you want to believe it and be decieved, then that is your problem. Just remember: The devil's greatest power, is to decieve.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Hey, I'm just trying to tell you the truth. But you know what is more important? I'm trying to save you people.

That's just it. You are trying to impose your religious beliefs on a scientific issue.

What about those who don't follow the Judeo-Christian mythology?

Will you try to "save" them as well?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I believe that god created evolution. I believe god created all the laws in the universe. I also believe that God created the multiverse people keep on saying that you cant believe in both as what i obviously do. I ask them why do you think god doesnt exit? There is simply no evidence the closest thing are the Bible, Qu'ran and other holy books. Altrough i believe that the bible has been changed to much there are still things which are correct. I cant find any scientific flaw in the Qu'ran. There are still things in the Qu'ran which we only now discover what it means.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

www.drdino.com...

And make sure you read the articles.

A bunch of religiously brainwashed numbnuts who use pseudo science and loosely interpreted bible verses. They even find it necessary to warn for Star Wars corrupting people's minds, see for example:

www.icr.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

www.drdino.com...

'drdino' is a quack and a fraud, not a dr nor anyone that presents any sort of information that should convince anyone of anything.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NothingMakesSense
A species will only change when outside stimuli force it to change. So until the environment changes, evolution doesn't happen.

This is wrong. Environmental pressures are on 24/7. If a small group of organisms within a population gain advantage, they are likely to displace others who don't have that advantage, or, the population can increase at the expense of other species in the same habitat.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It's funny how the very people who viciously attack evolution against creationism are the very people who support evolutionary theory. For example: Here where I live, we have a huge franchise of a certain church religion who insults and attacks evolution, yet they support and are the main source of fighters in the war against Iraq. And as we all should know, war IS an evolutionary stance. "Only the strong survive." joodi

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camelop�rdalis
Anyone who says creation is bunk denies reality. Most of what God was supposed to have done 6000 years ago, we are able to do today, the rest of what he did, we will be able to within the near future. And concidering that the average star in our galaxy is 1 billion years older than our own Sun, meaning that if there evolved a civilisation somewhere in our galaxy most like our own, that civilisation would most likely be one billion years older than our own. Where would we be in a billion years you think? Well if we're still around, we will most likely know how to commit interstellar, even intergalactic, perhaps even inter universal or inter dimentional travel, and we would have found the solution to life and freedom of disease etc. Very little of what the Bible says about God's creatiuon is unlikely. Infact nothing, if you just put on the right glasses.

Evolution theory, however, has never been proved. There is no proof indicating that one species has become another. Creation, however, has been done a bunch of times. The first successful cloning happened about 50 years ago. Where do you think they are now? Do you really think they are honest when they deny having cloned humans? Maybe even created "aliens" by combining human DNA and reptile DNA.......

dude, maybe I am missing you here... but you didn't make much sense with that...
"creation is provable vs evolution that isn't"... dude... come on... 6 days? OK ...prove it... you have 6 days... and i want a new world...

First successful cloning 50 years ago... please enlighten... I was unaware that they had cloned even 30 years ago...

on the other posters comment..
evolution can not be absolutley proven, but many elements of it can...
creation as of yet, has NO proof, other than faith...

I also beleive that creation and evolution are not mutually exclusive... but the christians need to drop the whole "timeline of origin" thing... it has already been proven...to be wrong...

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Mistress of the Night:

Hey, I'm just trying to tell you the truth. But you know what is more important? I'm trying to save you people.

Worry more about yourself, I need no saving.

Worry about the snickers and the jibes that you will get from educated people who roll on the floor laughing that you honestly believe in Creationism 100% and that you believe in it because you don't want to go to hell.

But hey, believe what you want, it's your right.

Just don't try and push your simplistic view of the world on me.

The world is BILLIONS of years old, this is scientific FACT.

Evolution is a theory, yes, so is relativity. So is GRAVITY. So is electricity.

It's 2005, not the Middle Ages.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by joodi
And as we all should know, war IS an evolutionary stance. "Only the strong survive."

War is not an 'evolutionary' stance, evolution is mute on matters as that. Indeed, Darwin himself cautioned against people trying ot get moral lessons from nature and the like. He's right, you can't say 'strife is rampant in nature and produces fit organisms, therefore strife is good for human society', and the like.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mauskov

Originally posted by junglejake
As I've said in 2 other threads, I don't know what to believe on this issue. Evolution does not have to contradict the Bible.

How can I say this having read Genesis?

What were 7 days to God, before the existance of the earth? The order of development in Genesis coencides with geological and evolutionary development theories. So it is possible that "day" one would be the first stage, the Big Bang and the matter collecting into stars, etc.

I don't know, I don't have the answers. However, I do know that there are a lot more scientificly minded people who believe in evolution as opposed to creationism. No need to try to first insult someone, and insult their entire religion for putting forth a different viewpoint with a scientific backing

Precisely. I've never quite understood how the theory of evolution actively contradicts - or even threatens the concept of God. Unless a person's faith is foundationally weak, in which case, any revelation - however insignifcant - has the capacity to shake it to its core.

Please recall, too, folks, that the Church took till 1990 to officially "recognise" Copernicus' heliocentric theory. Hm.

The problem is that when a scientific discovery makes a religion claim false. Where does it end? is all religion fake or some parts of it?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by razorbackhater
I read a book named darwin's black box, from what I remember it talked a lot about blood cells and how all the systems of the blood cell have to be in place in order for the blood cell to work, how did a blood cell evolve if all the systems of the blood cell are interdependent on each other?

That all sub-systems are interdepentent on each other does not mean that the system has to start in that state. Maybe the initial version had a sub-system that initially depended on an external entity, then changed to be dependent only from internal entities.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Hey, I'm just trying to tell you the truth. But you know what is more important? I'm trying to save you people. Don't want my help, then fine! Guess what you just spoke? "Take one side of the fence or another." You just said it right there that the path of Evolution is misleading, and that Creation is the truth. Basically. Good vs Evil. Duh. And don't throw science in with this. I never said I was against science. I am against the non open minded who don't want to believe there is a God. I may have come off a little harsh to "evolutionists" but it is because I am fed up with this lie. If you want to believe it and be decieved, then that is your problem. Just remember: The devil's greatest power, is to decieve.

and why does the universe need a Devil to work? please explain that.

(or don't bother, because no one can actually answer that).

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
'drdino' is a quack and a fraud, not a dr nor anyone that presents any sort of information that should convince anyone of anything.

Uhm? Have there been any threads about that?
Is it common sense?
Can you motivate such extreme statements?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
The problem is that when a scientific discovery makes a religion claim false.

No scientific discoveries make acutal religious claims 'false'. Science can't 'refute' the faith that the earth is flat, it can merely demonstrate that, scientificalyl, the world appears to be round. It can't refute the faith that god created all organisms ad hoc and at once, it can only point out to scientific evidence that, scientifically, they seem to be inter-related. Its the same as 'the big question'. People have faith in god. They have absolutely no reason to beleive in god, it a matter of faith, not evidence and logic. Science never 'trumps' faith. And, similarly, faith doesn't make cars run or chemical reactions work and the like.

Jakko
Is it common sense?

Apparently you are unfamiliar with Kent Hovind. I wouldn't make those charges without strongly beleiving it. There might be some good people who are BTOs in the creationist movement, Hovind is not one of them.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

and why does the universe need a Devil to work? please explain that.

(or don't bother, because no one can actually answer that).

i will try, mp.
yin yang.

that is all!

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Where does it end? is all religion fake or some parts of it?

Yes, of course. As there are thousands of religions and they often contradict each, especially on their creation stories, then some parts of some religions must be false. Or were you talking about christianity rather than "religion" in general. If so, then you should just say so.

To be honest this whole debate makes me so depressed that I just want stick a nitting needle up each nostril and slam my face into the table. Or rather it would if I didn't live in Europe, where this young earth/Noah's ark type creationism is pretty much unheard of. Even the Catholic church (which is culturally 500 years behind the rest of society) says that Evolution is "more than a theory". The Church Of England doctirine is pretty much that the old testament is parable rather than the literal truth. I know some pretty religious traditional people, but none of them would ever think that suggest that Noah's Ark actually happened at the earth is 6000 years old. It is beyond me how a modern, educated person can believe in such Young Earth theories.

What is happening in the US? As your technology gets more advanced your philosophy and world view appears to be regressing into the Middle Ages. Where has all this rapture and Old Testament stuff come from? And more worrying where is it going? Fundamentalism leads to strife, which leads to violence, which leads to war.

[edit on 21/6/05 by FatherLukeDuke]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
To be honest this whole debate makes me so depressed that I just want stick a nitting needle up each nostril and slam my face into the table. Or rather it would if I didn't live in Europe, where this young earth/Noah's ark type creationism is pretty much unheard of. Even the Catholic church (which is culturally 500 years behind the rest of society) says that Evolution is "more than a theory". The Church Of England doctirine is pretty much that the old testament is parable rather than the literal truth. I know some pretty religious traditional people, but none of them would ever think that suggest that Noah's Ark actually happened at the earth is 6000 years old. It is beyond me how a modern, educated person can believe in such Young Earth theories.

the catholic church is a known pathological liar and mass murderer. what they say is based on their attendance numbers. pure marketing strategies. they will lie about something until the truth is forced on them by science.
it was just ONE guy who calculated the age of the earth according to a literal bible interpretation. hardly anyone is hanging on to that story, as far as i know.

when comparing religions, it would be unfair to ignore all the common threads and similiarities. things like respect and love and whatnot. many religions have a flood myth. (myth describes the story, i don't use it to indicate that the story is true OR false.)

Originally posted by FatherLukeDukeWhat is happening in the US? As your technology gets more advanced your philosophy and world view appears to be regressing into the Middle Ages. Where has all this rapture and Old Testament stuff come from? And more worrying where is it going? Fundamentalism leads to strife, which leads to violence, which leads to war.

yeah, what ever happened to the existentialists? fundamentalism? MIGHTY GOD HELP US!

america was purposely dumbed down through the culture of cool and diminished standards. morons are silly putty to programmers and handlers. you could get them to believe anything. the proof is right here at ATS.

[edit on 21-6-2005 by billybob]

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join