It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedophile says 'two strikes' law will cause deaths

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy

Originally posted by mhinsey
reply to post by Lasheic

A death is not a light thought for most. However, to save a child that horror... I will pull the lever with conviction and fortitude... notice I did not say "moral fortitude". I say "in defense" for the defenseless.

The way that was put was excellent.

Starred

I know I have a very pro-death stance but I have had too many loved ones go through either rape or child molestation. I see them unable or having trouble with having meaningful and lasting relationships because they cannot give the trust that should have been their right. I would make the decision to be the one to pay for the crime of a criminals death if it protects a child or innocent from evil. I will live with the guilt of a death on my conscience because it will also be with the knowledge that the rapist/molester will NEVER do that again.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I will live with the guilt of a death on my conscience because it will also be with the knowledge that the rapist/molester will NEVER do that again.

How heroic and noble of you.

However, you've killed a child. You have to die. There's no place in your perfect world for child rapists, so naturally there's no place in your perfect world for child killers - like you.

Sorry, but you'll have to be put down, just like the child-animal that you put down.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Another absolutely wonderful post.
Cool headed thinking, respectful, well spoken faultless logic.
Thank you for adding your *two cents worth* they are, in my opinion, worth a lot more.

As much as I despise this subject and loath I allow myself to get dragged back into it (repeatedly) it’s posts like yours that truly make the trip worth while.

Thank you.

The reality (IMO) is exactly what you’ve posted.

No Second Chances.

If for any other reason to put a stop to the hypocrisy.
People can postulate until the end of time what they believe should be done and not done, but, when it’s their child raped - then you find out the real truth of the matter.

If you’re a parent out there who’d had a child raped - and you still believe in *Second Chances* for pedophile rapists?
Well, I guess I wouldn’t believe it until I saw it.

By the way - IMO - the only people who have a right to make the decision concerning the fate of a pedophile?
The family of the victim and the victim themselves.
Let the judge and jury find them guilty (or not).
Let the family and victim do the sentencing.

Thanks again Kailassa

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu
[m

I removed my own remarks.

Sorry, Good day everyone!

[edit on 20-6-2009 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

A death is not a light thought for most. However, to save a child that horror... I will pull the lever with conviction and fortitude... notice I did not say "moral fortitude". I say "in defense" for the defenseless.

You know, I believe for most people, it would not only be a light and easy thought, but it would be sheer JOY to pull that lever and kill them.

The fact that 90% of people feel this way to me is scarier than 0.5% of people being child molesters.

This would not be for pleasure. I would look at it the same way I would deal with a rabid dog. Put him down as humanely as possible and go on knowing no others will be infected. However, knowing it was a human puts it into another category. However, knowing it would give me guilt it would also give me conflicting relief that no other child would go through that.

So in a way, you're saying you WOULD feel sorry for the pedo/rapist's mother, etc?

I can see that - actually it's not so much the DP ITSELF i'm against - it's the idea it's "justice", and what i mean by that in quotes is that it's a good thing in itself because they "deserve" it (not saying they don't, but still). it's not justice, it sucks to kill people, but you could argue it is sadly sometimes a necessary evil.

and i'm just curious - you say many family members and friends of yours are victims - are they so badly injured, they are like zombies/the living dead? like they can never be happy again? because i like to think victims of rape can be better, but maybe i'm wrong.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I've been reading ATS for quite some time. There is a lot of information and misinformation to sort through no matter what topic is discussed. Everyone has an opinion and a right to an opinion. My question is in hopes you will check yourselves, as to where your opinions originate? Are they based on credible facts or personal experience? How many here are qualified experts in this area of discussion? Everyone must realize statistics can be controlled or slanted to fit the desired outcome to sway opinions. ( Subject matter is irrelevant) I also understand the emotion concerning our precious children. What I do not understand is the blind hatred without fulling know what you are talking about!
Hey, lets just pick out someone to hate that most everyone will agree on, lump them all in the same boat, and if anyone disagrees they must be one too, like the "SALEM WITCH TRIALS". This is absurd especially in a time in America where there is a movement to get back to our Constitutional roots. Everyone with the "Sex Offender" label is not a pedophile, yet we lump them in the same mold as the worst our media exposes us to. I'm not here to educate anyone, but plead if you are to have an opinion, the very least you can do is be educated to both sides of the coin. How many of our parents could be considered "Sex Offenders" under the current laws? How many wrongly accused individuals in child custody battles end up plea bargaining simply to keep out of jail? The question many would ask is why would they plea bargain if they weren't guilty? Perhaps if you did the research you would have the answer, instead of making an assumption based on lack of experience in the system. True anyone who would take advantage of a little child is a terrible thing, but there is much more to this issue than simply that. Go to your State code book and look what qualifies as being a sex offender including misdemeanors and explain why lumping them all in the same group makes any sense! Also explain how you are a qualified expert as to what the correct solution is. Many of you that have posted remind me of the mob that crucified Jesus! Man kind hasn't come that far after all. ( Some of us)

[edit on 20-6-2009 by saxxyman]

[edit on 20-6-2009 by saxxyman]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

If that would rescue a child. I would take that death after the rapist/molester was dead.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

They smile. The live, but I don't see the bright light in their eyes like before. They seem colder and sooo much more sad. That is the ones that were raped. As for the children who grew up.. They are the most f... messed up persons that I know. They have no trust and have no lasting relationships because they sabatage them unconsciously or consciously I don't know.

It is depressing and hard for me to see them sometimes when they are in their depressed states. They are ALL in a depressed state on a regular basis.

So, I can see the physical change as well as the mental change. One of my good friends had suppressed the child molestation until almost senior grade in high school. She remembered. Totally messed her up. Complete personality change.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by mhinsey]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

"So in a way, you're saying you WOULD feel sorry for the pedo/rapist's mother, etc? "

Of course you feel for the parent who has the "monster" child. No parent wants to believe their child can do wrong... much less this most evil wrong. It is bad that the parent has to lose the child but it is better the one "monster" child lost than torturing multiple others. It would probably be the hardest thing to ever be done. To know a child is going to sleep and not wake up and YOU caused it. I don't know how I would live with myself... but it WOULD have to be done.

I also believe that the family of the victim should choose the punishment but if they cannot go through with the punishment...how does it happen?

Just because you want it done doesn't mean you might be able to do it yourself.

It's a moot point because that will never happen. Instead we will be taxed to high heaven on these monsters for supposed rehab, they will get out and do it again. Then the morally righteous will be dang... we should have killed him the first time.

The world is not perfect, so yea, we all want it to be, but it's not. It's contradictory and messy. So are humans.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

They smile. The live, but I don't see the bright light in their eyes like before. They seem colder and sooo much more sad. That is the ones that were raped. As for the children who grew up.. They are the most f... messed up persons that I know. They have no trust and have no lasting relationships because they sabatage them unconsciously or consciously I don't know.

It is depressing and hard for me to see them sometimes when they are in their depressed states. They are ALL in a depressed state on a regular basis.

So, I can see the physical change as well as the mental change. One of my good friends had suppressed the child molestation until almost senior grade in high school. She remembered. Totally messed her up. Complete personality change.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by mhinsey]

That is so sad. How many people like that do you know?

NONE of them live happy lives?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

Will the people who starred this, please go back and re-read it?

??????????

This is demeaning to women, and dismissal of child sexual assault.

The poster "understands" why a man murdered a child. So he wouldn't have to go to prison for child molestation.

Do you get it???????

He UNDERSTANDS.

For Pity's sake. Do you see what is being said: It is the fault of the LAW that the man murdered the child.

If the LAW were not so severe, then the child would just have simply been raped........................and not MURDERED.

Please consider the profundity and implications of what you are reading here...............

It is perverse. It is illegal. It is criminal. And it is violent.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by saxxyman

Just as I thought...No Comment!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
There is too much hate on this topic. These peeps need help all this stigma does is make it all worse.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Actually, it doesn't make it worse. This population of offenders needs to be identified, so they can be kept away from children and other vulnerable persons.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

DD I agree. But I honestly don't think it has as much to do with hatred, as it does fear, and our inherent need to protect our children.

We are all sexual creatures....that is the way we are wired. But this is something that is given freely, by a mature adult.

Not manipulated, coerced, or taken.

A child may want chocolate cake for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
But we are the adults.

It is up to us to set the boundaries.

It is up to us, to protect them.
(and this is not at all directed towards the OP,except for the first sentence.)

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Thank you for telling the truth about this.

As an example, I've lived most of my life now and still cannot let a man sleep with me because when I do, I dream the attacks again, and beat the poor guy up.

There are many things, smells, music, voices, words, some TV shows, that plunge me back to the past, leaving me a suicidal wreck all over again, having to cope with it and climb back to forgetfulness once more in order to get on with life.

And that's only a tiny bit of the damage I still have to live with.

My biggest wish is that I was the only one, it breaks my heart to know thee are so many others going through as bad, or even worse, than what I've been through.

Whether a paedophile rapes, seduces, or tortures and murders, the end result is so devastating that there is little to choose between them.

I would prefer that I had been killed rather than had to live through the lifetime of psychological torture I've experienced.

So in my eyes the argument that stricter laws would cause more paedophiles to murder their victims is null.

They have already murdered their victims.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

DD I agree. But I honestly don't think it has as much to do with hatred, as it does fear, and our inherent need to protect our children.

I agree. But I do know that even the monsters who do this, were once children themselves, and I don't believe they realize the full extent of how much they hurt people, so I think institutionalizing/closely watching them is better than exterminating them. But that's just because I'm a pacifist.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

If you wanna answer, was yours a typical or especially bad case? And did you have other traumas growing up?

No doubt I think really bad cases of sexual, and other forms of abuse can ruin people's lives.

From what I've heard, molestation is a "dimming" of life, more than a complete takeaway, but I suppose if it's bad enough, life isn't even worth it?
i'm so sorry you haven't found peace *HUGS*

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Take No Chances.

To make a better future for our children, make Pedophilia punishable by Death Penalty.

Yes. Death to those Sickos.

That will teach other Pedos in the waiting never ever to lay a hand on a child.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I don't want my children to live in a world with child molestation OR the death penalty.

You don't have to choose.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
So in my eyes the argument that stricter laws would cause more paedophiles to murder their victims is null.
They have already murdered their victims.

Well, no.

You haven't been murdered. You're still living your life and you've obviously got the ability to type a coherent post here in a public forum.

Part of you may have changed but it's not like you have been murdered.

Some victims are probably more resilient than others and can overcome what's been done to them. Other victims, hmmm... Note, I am not blaming victims. I'll never ever blame victims. However, victims do have a choice about how they can possibly recover, or not.

One of the most caring bits of advice I was given was "Suck it up and get on with it".

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join