It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedophile says 'two strikes' law will cause deaths

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Pedophile says 'two strikes' law will cause deaths

www.news.com.au

A CONVICTED pedophile says a proposed "two strikes and you're out" system for child sex offenders will not work because offenders would receive less jail time if they killed their victims.

However, a convicted child sex offender, known only as Bob, said such a system would not work because the offender would get less jail time if the victim was simply murdered.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Well, Bob's got a point, doesn't he?

It shows how useless and pointless the 'justice' system is.

Law books and rule books can't be written with a blanket approach to 'justice' and 'punishment' when every crime is unique.

I some ways, I don't ncessarily see the need to lock up the pedos at all, provided that their identity or location is not suppressed. I guess you can fill in the rest of the details yourself. Even then, mob justice isn't always spot-on either.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
In Canada, life is 25 years and up until recently, unless the case was extremely bad, you would get parole after 15 or so.

So here, if you kill someone, well, [SNIP] it, you may as well kill the entire class, or office, or bus or whatever cause your gonna do the same amount of time.

Gotta love logic.

profanity removed

From the Terms And Conditions Of Use

1b. Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

[edit on 17/6/09 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
well i would think if the pedophile sexually abused a child before killing them, that would not be ignored in lieu of the murder.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

+31 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
How about you eliminate the second strike and make it a law that if you rape a child and are proven guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt that you get a one way ticket to the gas chamber.... as this is the best way to insure that no second strike is ever required.

Eventually the judicial system will figure out that you cannot redeem nor rehabilitate a pederast, and the most humane thing to do for them and for their potential victims is to send them on back to hell where they came from.

[edit on 6/17/09 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
How about we loosen the stigma around pedophiles and get these people some help? I mean a Heroin addict that robs people for bump money can walk in to a clinic, say he wants to get clean and will do no jail time. Plus people will call him a hero for trying to clean up his life. (I agree by the way)

Good luck finding that for pedophiles. Most psychologists wont even take them as clients due to the stigma that they have.

So, they actually have to COMMIT the crime so they can be arrested, then have FORCED help in prison.

Waste of time, money, and a childs' innocence if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
There is no helping pedophiles. Once they are attracted to young girls, it only gets worse (younger). They eventually fail to be aroused by anyone older than "their limit".

Those are the cold hard facts. Any attempt to help a pedophile will result in nothing. Maybe castration would be the best result?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
So pedophile laws are too harsh? Yes? No?

I personally don't think that there is anything wrong with sex as long as its between willing, even if the willing is 12 yrs old . As we know in many nations 12 is the age of consent.

Back to the subject... if a person gets two strikes and is put in jail for life after that yes it could lead to serious consequences.

Wow, well thats certainly one way to look at it. However i think the laws regarding age of consent alot of times specify also the age range of the person they are consenting with. I have a daughter who is 17 now but when she was 12 if i had found out she was sleeping with a 40 year old man i would want him in jail if not off the planet. Seriously this argument could go on forever as to if a 12 year old is even old enough emotionally to consent to such a thing. Jesus a 12 year old kid is so easily taken in by an older person that its not real consent if they are being taken advantage of.

I cannot believe i am reading this on ATS, nd as far as the stigma associated with these people its for good reason. Heroin addiction is hurting yourself but child molesting is hurting someone else.
Yes i know drugs addicts hurt other people in the process of what they do but they mainly hurt themselves and destroy themselves physically via the drug. Abusing children isnt a drug, yes it may be a mental illness and require treatment but i can understand the reluctance of any therapist to want to treat someone with this problem. Admiting to wanting to or actually harming something as precious and innocent as a child should carry a shame and stigma. God i dont want to live in the world were pedophiles are revered as the next heroe addict who needs our sympathy and support. Let them seek help and let them get it but understand that the very nature of the acts they do should be villified and demonized!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1

So pedophile laws are too harsh? Yes? No?

I personally don't think that there is anything wrong with sex as long as its between willing, even if the willing is 12 yrs old . As we know in many nations 12 is the age of consent.

Back to the subject... if a person gets two strikes and is put in jail for life after that yes it could lead to serious consequences.

Wow, well thats certainly one way to look at it. However i think the laws regarding age of consent alot of times specify also the age range of the person they are consenting with. I have a daughter who is 17 now but when she was 12 if i had found out she was sleeping with a 40 year old man i would want him in jail if not off the planet. Seriously this argument could go on forever as to if a 12 year old is even old enough emotionally to consent to such a thing. Jesus a 12 year old kid

I stopped reading after that.

Way to bring Jesus into it!

You have a 17yr old.. OK what is you're point?

In the past men traded their 12 year old daughters for the right to live and they do still today. All I'm saying.l

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
When punishments are so severe for certain crimes the victims are murdered not because it carry's a lessor sentence, but because the witness to the crime cannot speak about it if they're dead - thus the criminal or in this case sex offender knows they have a better chance at getting away with the crime if they kill their victim.

So, assuming at some point during or prior to the crime the suspect knows if he gets caught he will be put away for life or executed. Knowing that he decreases his chance of getting caught and killed thus he's compelled to kill the only witness for the immediate penalty is no worse and his chances of getting caught are less. Pretty simple.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

How about you eliminate the second strike and make it a law that if you rape a child and are proven guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt that you get a one way ticket to the gas chamber.... as this is the best way to insure that no second strike is ever required.

I hope you run for president,
You got my vote.
As long as you keep the above promise...

People tend to forget one thing - which I've mentioned in may posts.

Victims of child abuse and rape often grow up to become exactly that which gave them their nightmares as a child - a pedophile themselves - “But it happened to me when I was a kid” their litany.

So, the victimization just goes on and on and on and on.

Take them OUT!
No chance of escape and repeating their crimes.
No chance of getting out early on *good behavior*
No castration and release, castration does NOTHING to stop the behavior.
(Many children are raped with inanimate objects - don’t forget, child rape isn't all about penetration)...

Take them OUT. Remove the cancer from the States (I wouldn't presume to tell other countries what to do) - but for heaven's sake do something about the war on children in our own country.

Make it a public execution - don’t make it pretty - and save another child from hell.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I stopped reading after that.

Way to bring Jesus into it!

You have a 17yr old.. OK what is you're point?

In the past men traded their 12 year old daughters for the right to live and they do still today. All I'm saying.l

I think i made my point about my daughter and do not even get started about my kid. You seem like someone who condones sex with a 12 year old and that disgusts me. Enough said.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
What's so wrong wth sex with a 12 yr old?

If the father agrees and its legal in the society then is there a problem with it?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

What's so wrong wth sex with a 12 yr old?
If the father agrees and its legal in the society then is there a problem with it?

I'd dare state that most 12 year-olds are not emotionally mature enough to handle it. Hell, some adults can't handle having sex!

This 12 year-old had sex.
And look what happened to this 12 year old...

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

What's so wrong with sex with a 12 yr old? If the father agrees and its legal in the society then is there a problem with it?

I saw your previous post in this thread and also saw in another post where you called someone a filthy explicit name used by homophobes.
So, I figured it just wasn't worth even replying to you.

This last post of yours I quoted above proved me correct.

If you don't see the problem with having sex with a 12 year old - and - if it makes it all better that the FATHER gives his stamp of approval?

IMO You need professional help - lots of it.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
well i would think if the pedophile sexually abused a child before killing them, that would not be ignored in lieu of the murder.

Unfortunately, You're average Pedo isnt' smart enough to notice that

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join