It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada Senator John Ensign admits affair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Nevada Sen. John Ensign admits affair

www.cnn.com

Sen. John Ensign of Nevada admitted Tuesday to an extramarital affair with a woman who had worked for him

Ensign, 51, would not identify the woman but said she and her husband had been "close friends." Her husband, he said, also worked for him.

"Last year, I had an affair," the Republican senator said outside his office in Las Vegas. "I violated the vows of marriage. It's absolutely the worst thing I've done in my life.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-6-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The senator is considered a rising star in Republicans. This affair and speculation that he may run for the President in 2012, this is the worst thing in his life.

A campaign member carried on the affair from 2007 to 2008. Her husband was a senate staff member for the senator

Why he does not name the woman?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Funny that, he was one of em' GOP senators who called out to Clinton to resign after he had his affair, and then supported the war of lies, and continued to demand no troop withdrawals from there. Dont care that Clinton was the president then and he is a senator, its just outright hypocrisy. He'll be added to the list of other hypocritical conservatives and liberals.

Personally I dont think he should resign from his position because of that. As much as its a hypocritical thing that destroys the "family values" standing of him, these affairs are of the private lives, whether it be left or rightwing of the political sphere. Impeaching folk because they made care decisions in their private lives is just stupid, leave that to the voters in the next elections.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
And as always, their "poor dear wives" are right there, standing beside them.
Why would that be? I don't get it.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Who the hell gives a sh**?
A lot of people have affairs and 'illicit meetings'

Like the letter of apology to Sarah Palin.
Like Jordan leaving Peter Andre?
Like Prince Charles and Camilla going to a party?

Why do they bother us with such trivial nonsense?

Its all smoke being blown up our a**es to fill newspapers with useless material to keep the masses distracted.

new topics

top topics

join