It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama refuses to 'meddle' in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Obama refuses to 'meddle' in Iran

news.bbc.co.uk

US President Barack Obama is resisting pressure to side with Iran's opposition as mass protests continue over the nation's disputed presidential poll.

In a TV interview Mr Obama said there might not be much difference between the policies of President Ahmadinejad and rival Mir Hossein Mousavi.

Mr Mousavi's supporters have continued street protests despite the threat of government force and earlier bloodshed.

BBC correspondents in Tehran say the mood in the city is tense and angry.

Tough new restrictions have been imposed on foreign media in Iran.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.sky.com

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
hmm now then we got obama saying he refuses to meddle, and many saying he should. its all a bit fishy. its probably going all to plan, now no media is aloud in, its that coz there gonna bring the hammer down on the people and don't want anyone to see. internet to the rescue.

please add any info you may have on the current situation in iran, and you views on how this does or doesn't fit in to the NWO plans.

its starting to get heavy now people hope everyones ready.

ja bless
peace to all

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by iwannaseethisshipgodown

I don't understand what type of overt meddling people are expecting? Do they honestly think that we should go in and monitor their elections for them?

I think that the people who want meddling should rest easy. I am sure there is plenty of US influence taking place in the Iranian situation.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
i bet thats exactly what they want, go in and fix the election for one there corrupt men to take over.

but your right i wouldn't be supprised if they were all ready involved in this.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by iwannaseethisshipgodown

but your right i wouldn't be supprised if they were all ready involved in this.

Some people have some interesting theories regarding this. Here is a good post on it. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
ah ha and the plot thickens. thanks thats a very good thread.

good luck you iranians

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
just found this vid, poor guy he was a little out numbered.
and then they run away.
cowards!

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I think this is a smart stance for Obama to take on the Iran election sham. For starters the US simply cannot say anything about botched elections... lol!

"Hello Pot... This is The Kettle".

Secondly, the US simply aren't the world sheriff. The CIA have meddled with Iran before and nothing good came of it. I think it's time the US just worried about the crap that's happening within their own borders.

IRM

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I think it is best to put it off until the situation blows up and then take drastic measures decrying that the liberal media stopped us from doing something about it sooner and then end it with a nuke and live happily ever after.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I think this is a smart stance for Obama to take on the Iran election sham. For starters the US simply cannot say anything about botched elections... lol!

"Hello Pot... This is The Kettle".

Secondly, the US simply aren't the world sheriff. The CIA have meddled with Iran before and nothing good came of it. I think it's time the US just worried about the crap that's happening within their own borders.

IRM

Right on infaredman... folks blame this same thing on Carter and Bush (as much as he was a liar)... why didnt he end the revolution of Iraq in 79'! Why didnt Bush stop the killings in Dafur! There are just horrible horrible acts taking place around the world, but im sorry the United states isnt the police of the world. I find it funny how many self proclaimed conservatives try every attempts to justify meddling in other nations affairs, and the lies of the Iraq war, we have no business. It is however our duty to stand for our believes and call out the injustices.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
yeah he has to play it cool if he doesn't it starts reminding people of the bush election. and that was FUBAR.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
pluckynoonez do you have some issues you sound like your for the NWO.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
and it gets deeper

www.infowars.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
I think it is best to put it off until the situation blows up and then take drastic measures decrying that the liberal media stopped us from doing something about it sooner and then end it with a nuke and live happily ever after.

As always, your comments show the type of person that gives Americans their bad name. Keep up the good work!

Anyway....I think that for once, I applaud the US' (in this case, Obama's) decision to not meddle in other country's business. Maybe with Iran's example, other Middle Eastern countries will follow suit in the long run and the doors will open for a climate of peaceful cooperation in the region.

I just hope that these riots will not have a high dead quota, and that they will make a difference.

top topics

join