It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i hear a call for revolution.. when will we act???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
reply to post by Edrick

I could be wrong on this one...but 1% of the population, is 3 million..isn't that about 2 million bigger than our current armed forces?

Not to mention the patriots that would go AWOL to stand with a revolution...

Precisely.

A majority of the nation revolting against the current PTB is always completely unnecessary.

IT is a logistics thing, primarily, and an economic one at that.

People don't work for the government for free... the Government has to PAY people to work for them.

They have to pay to arm, equip, transport, etc.

Working AGAINST the government, if your cause is strong enough, you can usually get a mostly volunteer army who equips and supplies themselves.

Plus, the Government gets all of their taxes FROM the people, and if a large portion of the people just DON'T PAY TAXES (let alone join the resistance) their funds, and this force are drastically reduced.

This is the primary reason that Governments do not want any talk about a popular revolt.

Because a Volunteer army is logistically superior to a PAID army.

Technology does not really enter into the equation (unless it is so vastly superior... like stones vs tanks) mainly because you have to PAY for technology.

Whereas force of arms (people) are still the driving force of ANY armed conflict.

1% of the populous in rebellion would totally swamp any defending army that could be brought to bear.

And theoretically, you would not have to attack the Government army... just the leading elite.

But, anyways... yeah, popular uprisings, if properly organized are nigh unstoppable by ANY power that ust so happens to "Be"

Not to mention the fact that the government really does not have many farmers.

Read some Sun Tzu... War is not really about combat, it is more about logistics, and economics.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
well i guess we will just have to wait and see... I don't care what the gov't knows about me... I believe in the United States Constitution and its seems the fed doesn't anymore its time for change that we can actually believe in.

<< 1   >>

join