It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Warns U.S. of 'Thousand-Fold' Military Action

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I don't think NK would be stupid enough to use a nuke on the US or China... but I think they'd love to drop one on Japan and SK (and the wreckage from the missile test just happened to land in Japans seas). I don't think they would necessarily use a nuke anyway, they could just be bluffing. But like someone stated up above Seoul and the troops we have stationed would be massive casualties.

I think people forget that Iraq and Afghanistan were really small wars, with little actual military resistance, Baghdad fell in what a week or two? NK is a different story, they are much stronger, more stable, and powerful. Iraq changed governments many times NK's has been around since 1956 or so. Plus NK wouldn't do this Guerrilla warfare stuff they'd probably just blitzkrieg SK.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

N. Korea Warns U.S. of 'Thousand-Fold' Military Action

www.foxnews.com

"If the U.S. and its followers infringe upon our republic's sovereignty even a bit, our military and people will launch a one hundred- or one thousand-fold retaliation with merciless military strike," the government-run Minju Joson newspaper said in a commentary.
(visit the link for the full news article)

As far as i can see, that statement came from a commentary in a newspaper

No official statement, no politician's warning, only a journalist writing his nationalist hopes in a column or a commentary.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
All I can say to NK is

Yeah Yeah Whatever....
Am I bovvered?

OOOh 'ark at 'er , ain't they tuff?
They're quite lethal with their handbags ain't they those NK'ers.

[edit on 17/6/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wachstum

This is how NK communicates with the outside world. It is not just some off-the-cuff mark by a journalist. NK's media is a direct mouthpiece for Kim and his cronies, so there's no way in the world any journalist is going to have free-speech and come up with his own rhetoric.

NK does not bother sending out press-releases to world media agencies like an obedient little puppy seeking exposure; it says what it wants to say internally knowing every word, TV and radio signal will be picked up and translated by the south and immediate neighbours.

I too think this time Kim's backing himself into a corner and things are not going to end up pretty...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
We need to get the WebCams set up over there ASAP, I want to see this from every angle!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
I'm shivering in my boots, how ever will I sleep tonight?
North Korea can go suck on a lemon, there is nothing they can do to us. Before they could even type in the launch codes they would be turned into dust.

I would not be so sure of that......Obama has not shown me anything in the way of a backbone just yet. What makes you think he will do anything at all? just my feelings....

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
People only focus on NK nukes. The reality is that NK can annihilate SK just with artillery before retaliation. The NK are armed to the teeth, highly trained and endoctrined not to mention that NK territory is incredibly well defended. Any invasion would make vietnam like a cosy promenade.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
1000 fold huh?

Kim Jong has the ability to do 1000 x the damage of a country with thousands of Icbms a Biological weapons program that goes back to to before the civil war, 11 Carrier Battle Groups, a 1.5 Million man Army, 400 Million people, a Draft registration and a national guard, spends more money on defense than the rest of the world combined and a populace with Millions of College educated people and hundreds of Universities

Plus a Trillion dollar Black Budget for "special projects" we can only imagine

Wow... where can I get his Steroids from?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Crazy isn't it? Boggles the mind to think of what he has in store.....

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
If this is true...

THERE ARE GOING TO BE BIG PROBLEMS.

2012 anybody?

Seems likely.

And also, although I know it's fiction, but if only Sydney Bristow really existed in real life. She could infiltrate and wipe them out.

Man these are scary times. I need my comfort shows to give me a little hope that the world can still be kept secure by competent, responsible and effective people.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
More and more it seems as if the regime in North Korea is buying into its own propaganda... in short they have spouted so much of it over the years that they have in essence brainwashed themselves...

a dangerous situation indeed.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
People only focus on NK nukes. The reality is that NK can annihilate SK just with artillery before retaliation. The NK are armed to the teeth, highly trained and endoctrined not to mention that NK territory is incredibly well defended. Any invasion would make vietnam like a cosy promenade.

AGREED.

They don't need nuclear weapons - they can invade South korea and some border villages of China.

US will be out of boundaries to be able to do anything - rmb they can't do anything unless SK strikes first, and they will if US maintains sanctions and military control, etc. - and hence, China will need to use all its powers to stop SK... and given SK's defenses... NOT EASY.

What I'm also worried about are the two hostages, Euna and Laura. They're Americans and SK will NOT hesitate to do something horrible to them if US should overstep its bounds.

In fact, I think they will be the first "casualties" of this war. Once either Euna or Laura dies, or goes nuts or something... that's it. The US will HAVE to step in.

Thus 10,000-fold retaliation.

Thus, China and SK get embroiled.

Thus, WAR.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I also think Kim Jong Il is a downright nutcase.

He is self-serving, pompous, egotistic, power-hungry, chauvinistic, degrading, violent, mad and unrestrained.

Read this week's issue of TIME.

Kim Jong Il's on the cover. I read the entire article and was so... horrified. That such a person could actually exist.

Out of his three sons, he picked a younger EQUIVALENT of himself to succeed him.

Oldest one tried to sneak into south Korea with a fake passport. Which isn't bad - shows he is more normal, at least - because everyone needs to get out of the ENCLOSED COUNTRY once in a while.

Second son's "too feminine" which we may take as gay, and somehow that's a bad thing. Way I see it, the second son will actually do the country some good. It's been too "male-violence-and-dominance-rah-rah" right now.

So it's Kim Jong Un.

Which is like a Mini-Me of his father.

Goodness.

This cannot be good.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
We are in the final stages of the banksters game. The elite: They want this to happen, and they want it bad. This is not a drill folks, World War 3 is beginning.. now.

Don't think for a second this will be over after a few nukes. Nukes are for last resort. Too many innocent people would be killed. This war will be fought with troops, on their land... Exactly how North Korea wants. Or should I say... exactly how the elite want us to fight each other....

The elite want chaos, instability, anarchy... But, what worries me the most is not this war, but the World War that will result from this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join