It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you drive this hydrogen powered car?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Geez, that car looks like Mickey Mouse.

To answer the question,
1) not until they start looking like real cars and
2) not if it's gonna cost more to drive than a regular car

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Only a sissy would drive a car that looks like that.

My identity is wrapped up in the car I drive and I make no apologies or excuses.

1980 480SL Mercedes Hardtop Convertible. Fast with class.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Personally I would rather have this one. It is a Ford Max-S with a Capstone frictionless turbine installed to takeover when the elctric portion charges out. It can run on a variety of fuels including:

Low or High Pressure Natural Gas
Biogas (landfill, wastewater treatment centers, anaerobic)
Flare gas
Diesel
Propane
Kerosene

Converted Ford Max-S

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Damn right i agree with that they would be deathtraps considering how many SUV's and Trucks etc

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If it were free, of course i would.
It's ugly and I wouldn't pay anyhting over 50$ like a previous poster said.
Yes, I'm being serious. Lol

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
i use to work for the company that made the hydrogen fuel cell and a number of pods, chip trays, valve parts, tubs and more. the fuel cell part, that the water goes thru, is very brittle. unfortunately entegris corp. alot of the company went over sea. apparently our ceos were not making enough money to support there greedy habbits.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'll laugh at anyone who buys and drives one of those as I fly by in my more efficient Diesel engined car. Plants are far more renewable(and hundreds of times cheaper) as a resource for making bio diesel, than putting batteries or hydrogen in a car.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'd drive it...... .. after a few modifications...

as it stands, ahhh its a mini car...

take a 1700CC Motorcycle motor, slap in it, dual pipes out the back with a 97db rating... slap some wide tires on the back, and put a decent pain job on it... maby a smoke gray with perl on the top and black metalic for the fender area that is sticking out, 2 tone , kind of like the older Silver Cloud Roll's... Use the area in the back for a sound system...

pull up to a stop, everyone is pointing and laughing, then they notice that their windows are ratteling.... then the light turns green and you leave them sitting in a cloud of smoke....

Yea i know, not very 'eco' friendly, but hey it would be a fun ride then..
0-60 in about 3 - 4 seconds.. top end some where around 150 although it would be scary in that thing.. but it could be tricked out to be a fun ride... as it is... ahhhh probably not, i'll stick with my truck.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geehood
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Damn right i agree with that they would be deathtraps considering how many SUV's and Trucks etc

Only in the US of A! Let others enjoy their little cars and the money they save!

The problem lies with SUV owners who owns such but have no use for them, like traveling from home to work only a few miles away on well-paved roads! I used to be guilty of this once, because Avis ran out of subs and intermediate and gave me a huge SUV instead!!

[edit on 17-6-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

My identity is wrapped up in the car I drive and I make no apologies or excuses.

You define yourself by what car you drive?

Do you not have an Ego that doesn't consist of material possessions?

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I refuse to buy a car till they start manufacturing electric cars in the 100's of thousands for a reasonable price

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick

Probably......I don't feel the need to analyze my ego, but if you feel the need to explore my ego.....be my guest!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Probably......I don't feel the need to analyze my ego, but if you feel the need to explore my ego.....be my guest!

That's ok, I'd rather not...

Just as long as you are honest with yourself about it.

Just kinda irked me that someone would prefer a powerful personal conveyance device to one whose fuel source is not a rapidly dwindling finite supply...

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

reply to post by picrat

Interesting thoughts...

But Hydrogen can be produced by putting an electric charge through water.

Just slap a solar panel on your roof, get a tank, a compressor, and a electrolizer, and you will never need to pay for gas AGAIN.

IT is a good system, I endorse it!

-Edrick

It's a rare day indeed (even for this "open-minded" site) to have someone versed in the simplicity and efficiency of HHO or Brown's gas. Thanks Edrick.

I've all but given up with my attempts online to talk about the potential that's in water. Pretty much sick of it. Now I only do it in person, with the physical example to show those I'm talking to. Then, if they are so inclined I am always more than happy to assist them in setting up their own unit in their car. All I ask in return (payment) is the promise to show and tell others about it (and the cost of the material $40).

It seems to be the best system of getting the suppressed information out. Since everyone online is so sure it is a lie, misrepresentation or doesn't work at all, then who am I to prove them wrong on a daily basis?

Anyone who is interested in talking about it can check out the thread I wrote some time ago when I was excited about telling the online community.

HHO - Free Energy: Revisited

Then, if you are interested in talking about it in anyway shape or form (productive talk), U2U me and I'll help however I can.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeBrew

Well, most people who see the "Hydrogen Combustion" and link it to the "Second Law f Thermodynamics" completely forget the inherent properties of water

Most notably, the Latent heat of vaporization and the expansion rate f steam.

HHO burns to produce not WATER... but STEAM.

And STEAM (AT 1PSIG) takes up 1600 times the volume of water.

So, most f the energy you would get out of this is mechanical in nature, as proposed to thermal.

There have been tests of merely injecting a small amount of water into a traditional Petroleum engine during combustion, and the conversion rate of water to steam increased the Gas Mileage by 30%+

Just by recapturing heat that would have been lost through the exhaust stroke

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
2 tesla coils and an electric motor and im good to go.

I use HHO currently and its nice getting my additional 8 MPG. Although the car in full repair would likely get more than that, i was at 22 MPG, now im at 30 MPG. I think i could boost it to 35 MPG, i paid 1000$ for the car and invested a total of about 50$ into my cell plus water and electrolyte costs.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by mastermind77]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The car isn't safe. SUV drivers are only one problem in the equation. There will always be semi's on the road. Please tell me you will survive any crash with a semi in that. Fedex Truck. UPS truck. Mail truck. All the same.

I live in Indiana and there are deer on the road everywhere. A deer would crush that car. The deer aren't going to be getting smaller.

Telephone poles aren't getting smaller. You get ran off the road you will be permanently attached to a guard rail or telephone pole.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Just kinda irked me that someone would prefer a powerful personal conveyance device to one whose fuel source is not a rapidly dwindling finite supply...

And you know what irks me? Someone thinking they know what kind of lifestyle I lead by a post on the www.

Most of the time I ride a Mt. Bike for short trips. For longer travels I prefer to keep my loved ones and myself safe in a nice ride made of real steel.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Why are people attacking the SIZE of the vehicle? Apparently all mopeds,motorcycles, and honda crx's must not be driven around where you live or something. I have never been in a motor vehicle accident because I drive properly. If you need a big vehicle based on safety, you shouldn't be on the road in the first place. Outside of this new car looking ugly as heck, and almost no room for storage there really isn't much wrong with it. It would be cheaper though if it used diesel, my only gripe.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

And you know what irks me? Someone thinking they know what kind of lifestyle I lead by a post on the www.

Most of the time I ride a Mt. Bike for short trips. For longer travels I prefer to keep my loved ones and myself safe in a nice ride made of real steel.

Look, No offense was intended... It may have sounded that way, But I assure you , none was.

We'll just chalk this one up to my bad presumption, and be done with it, agreed?

-Edrick

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join