It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Weapon Customization

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

The gun I'm refering to is a colt revolver, 7" barrel and 6 shots
I think that is illegal in most all states?
2 1/2 inch #4 shot is devistating, if you aim @ the door knob you hit the top and bottom of the door with one shot...I know its a lil off topic just wonderd if I could legaly have shot shells in a pistol?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
My favorite homemade weapon is my muzzle loading golf ball cannon.
2 ounces of 4f black powder and a patch made from an old pair of Levi's.
And if you use a wax melt down mold to make a real mold you can make pure lead golf balls that weight just over 1 lb..... very very graffic
I wish to check in a deer during muzzle loading season with it, just to see the conservationists reaction when he ask what CAl. I used, and I answer Dunno it measures 1.6875"

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Great suggestions! Love the Golf ball cannon, and yes you can make poison rounds w/ paintballs, though I prefer CS Gas rockets, which I can't make. ):

[edit on 6/17/2009 by Jon1117]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jon1117

I was thinking the golf ball cannon added to your contraption like a grenade laucher.......
if you load two ball teather together with piano wire it gets real nasty.
A simple outdoor gas grill ignitor will set it off.....

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Oh, I was replying to the OP. Sorry for the confusion.

But to answer your question, no, your gun isn't an illegal shotgun. If it shot anything other than a .410, it would be "illegal," though when it comes to firearms laws most restricted guns are only illegal if you haven't paid the appropriate tax stamps and gotten the right certification.

I'm not a lawyer or a cop, but I spent a loooong time researching various gun laws before I started plopping down money on my own collection... that's why I know these things.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Yeah, I think like matt said, .410 is legal. I believe (am not sure) that shotgun laws refer to 12-gauge or 20-gauge 70mm or 76mm shells, but not .410. There is a company that specifically makes a .410 shotgun revolver and I believe it was legal because stated purpose was to fire .45 long rounds.

But I like this speak of the devil, I am designing a 12-gauge shotgun revolver for my project

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Yeah, lots of .45 Long Colt pistols can fire .410. The Taurus Judge is a great example. 5 rounds of either .45 or .410.

Also, that golfball cannon is the most awesome thing I've ever heard of. You'd probably take down an elephant with that thing.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
At least this thread is living longer than the last firearms conversion thread about converting AKs to full auto - which is entirely legal with the right paperwork. Still got locked though

I would recommend that you detail your "proposed" conversion in a letter to the BATF test lab and get an official sign-off.

If you choose not to, I would say that as long as you keep the barrel over 18 inches you should be ok.

Remember that it's 10 years in jail if you get it wrong though

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

What?! I missed that thread. I suppose a liberal or a foreigner with no understanding of the gun laws in America locked it?
Do you have a link though? I'd like to read whatever's there of it.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jon1117

Although a frankengun as you describe may be on the legal fence, the incendiary and explosive rounds are not. The gun loaded with them becomes a "destructive device" and is either illegal or would require serious additional permitting.
I would guess that you are a transplant to Mississippi from the UK or former UK country or you are seriously tweaking the high school crowd. No native speaker uses the word "petrol;" eveybody uses "gasoline" or "gas."
A cheery bye to you.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
clip-fed

10 OUT OF 10 WOULD RAGE FROM AGAIN!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join