It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Seeks to Target Lone Extremists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

"Lone-wolf offenders continue to be of great concern to law enforcement," the agency said in a February memo reviewed by The Wall Street Journal. The FBI is "trying to identify a potential lone wolf before he or she would act out violently," Michael Ward, the bureau's deputy assistant director for counterterrorism, said in an interview earlier this year.
source

If we weren't on a watch list before, it looks like we will be now. The excuse for this is that they need to crack down on white supremacists like the whack-job that shot up the holocaust museum, but it won't stop there. This is turning into an all-out witch hunt and people who frequent sites like ATS will soon become targets. Guess there's nothing to do except try to keep a low profile...

TA

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
So basically, alot of us can or will be arrested here on ATS for informing others? Thats what it sounds like to me...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Awesome. I think I see the brown shirts on the horizon.

Perhaps they should just do their jobs and target actual criminal offenders, instead of hypothetical ones.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I guess it depends on how broadly they decide to define 'extremist' and what kind of penalty they lay out for being one. If they wanted to, they could say that anyone who speaks out against the government for any reason, is an 'extremist' and take them in on whatever trumped up charges they can concoct.

TA

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Dear FBI,

I am writing to you to inform you first about the little old lady that lives next to me.

She is a widowed Grandmother and has a young grand daughter whose name I do not know but when ever she visits her Grandmother she wears the cutest little red coat with a hood and cape.

I have been single for a very long time and spend most of my time alone and have been thinking of getting to know her better...but I am worried.

Recently the empty plot of land next to her has been purchased by three little pigs. I don't like these pigs and I think each of them has designs on this young woman who wears the red coat with the hood and cape.

This has me worried and jealous to say the least. I am sure that each one of these pigs wants the darling young woman for themselves as each is constructing their own house, on this empty plot of land.

One of them was in such a hurry he built his house of nothing but straw.

One of the other pigs hardly put any more care or time into building his, he made it out of sticks.

I don't have much experience with women of course but this young woman seems like a real class act so I am not to worried about either of them.

But this third pig...he's building his out of bricks and he isn't that far off from having it finished.

To tell you the truth, most days I think I am so frustrated over all this potential competition I start hyper ventilating so bad from nerves that if I went outside huffing and puffing like that I would end up blowing both the straw house and the stick house that two of the pigs made right down!

I mean it really ticks me off. Lately I have been thinking I should just kill that old woman and dress up like her and kidnap this young woman when she comes to visit and kill those rotten pigs trying to move in on her too.

I know that's wrong though, so I am writing and asking you at the FBI for help, since these guys are pigs, and you guys are pigs could you like maybe talk to them for me and explain to them how this is probably my best chance not to spend the rest of my life alone.

I know us wolves listen to one another so I am guessing pigs do too?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation with this matter.

Sincerely yours,

The Big Bad Wolf

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

That was such an epic post Proto

I was laughing so hard. Great commentary on the situation.

I do not think BBW is an extremist, just a bit lonely thats all.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

That was such an epic post Proto

I was laughing so hard. Great commentary on the situation.

I do not think BBW is an extremist, just a bit lonely thats all.

There as always been something about me that I just can't help but take a dig at the government and the powers that be every chance I get.

Glad to read you enjoyed reading it, I had a good laugh writing it!

Thanks friend.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I don't think the lone wolf part is the main concern of the FBI. They are looking for people who can be suckered (read: tricked) into saying something really stupid and that can be construed as a direct threat against some person.

Then they arrest you and ruin your life, all because you got hot under the collar and said something that made you feel good (because it sounded tuff) but you really had no intention of doing.

So to all you "lone wolfs" out in ATS land: Beware of U2U's trying to bait you into saying something that could be used against you in a court of law.

Remember, on the internet, BIG BROTHER could be anybody.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
So basically, alot of us can or will be arrested here on ATS for informing others? Thats what it sounds like to me...

This is actually a great excuse for policing the internet, just like the foreign terrorist threat continues to be a great excuse for policing travel.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Well it doesn't take a genius to figure out where this is headed. 9/11 truthers, Ron Paul supporters, Libertarians, and anyone discussing revolution. There is a definite smear campaign going on right now to paint all of these as terrorist extremists.

And web site owners may be facing some decisions. Because by the very nature of that campaign, they will also be going after sites that "harbor the terrorists."

So on that note, I have to wonder how ATS is going to approach this. Kill the 9/11 and NWO forums? Trash any post even remotely discussing revolution?

What if the FBI asks the amigos to turn over the IP's of any posters they feel fall into this category? Will they comply? And would they even tell us if their intent IS to comply?

By the FBI publicly stating they are doing this, it is obliteration of the right to free speech. And it will immediately cause some to not speak out for fear of being preemptively arrested.

But in reality it is a foolish idea, because they are telegraphing their moves. Any such people that are truly a threat will now just say nothing and act out of the blue with no warning at all. They should have just said nothing, kept it low key, and continued harvesting the fertile landscape. But drought season will now be upon them.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Christ, what is this now Minority Report? Oh sir you are under arrest for murder! AM I? I havent killed anyone? No but you are going to in 2 years so we figure we'd get you now....

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
IF thoughts and words are crimes then we might as well just forget about it. If talking is terror then its all over folks. Check-mate, game over, you lose. Goodbye imagination, creativity, individuality, ideas, freedom. Hello tread mill, regulated speech, thoughts, and actions.. Sounds a bit over the top to me, but hey, you never know what lengths power will go to to trample any possibility of dissention.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
is anyone else finding all of this a little contrived? First of all let me remind us all of what we already know.

Its highly likely 9-11 is not what it seems. The president of whom we all here suspect nefariousness involving his terms. Comes from a state, known as the lone star state. In the bible, it considers the deceiver to be a lone star who speaks haughty lies and blasphemies. Putting 2+2 together isnt that hard, unfortunately beam technology is keeping you all in classist nuanced mindsets so you dont get it before they get you.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by colonpee

It is getting surreal. Won't be long until the Thought Police are rounding us up and sending us to the Ministry of Love for reeducation. Oh well, i officially say this here and now: if they come for me, i won't be taken alive and i will take as many of them with me as i can.

TA

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The sad thing is that they concentrate on the loud mouthed idiots that don't have the guts to carry out subversive plans. The real lone wolf will never let his true intentions be known to anyone. The true lone wolf will meet his objective and be out of sight before the dust settles. The FBI would have a hard time solving that type of "problem".
It makes for great press for the alphabet groups to bust the slow learners.
But it's like catching a sleeping dog. Really easy if you go in quietly.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Says enough without me commenting on it.

Things are going to get worse yes and they are not going to get better.

Everyone has a choice what to believe.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Yeah, that's true, this sort of tactic rarely works. My problem with the whole thing is that it's going to turn into a witch hunt. Everyone who spends time at places like ATS posting anything even slightly anti-governmental are going to end up being targeted by these !@#$%.

I was in high school when those jackasses shot up that columbine school. There was a massive, country wide witch hunt almost immediately afterwords. I ended up getting detained and questioned (illegally: I was under 18 and neither my parents, nor a lawyer were present) by the school cop (actual police officer, not a rent-a-cop) for no reason except that I liked black clothes and preferred not to associate with most of the morons at that place. I've seen how these things go down and how the Constitution becomes nothing but an afterthought when they do and I get the feeling we're about to see what I described above on a national scale.

TA

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Edited in the interest of self preservation

[edit on 6/17/09 by BlackOps719]

new topics

top topics

join