It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legislation in Australia allowing animals, buildings to be destroyed and people detained incase of a

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Destroy Order for Serious Pandemic

STATE Parliament has passed laws allowing buildings and animals to be destroyed in the event of a serious pandemic as the Federal Government prepares to increase the national swine flu alert level...... The legislation passed yesterday gives the state increased powers in the case of "a more dangerous flu pandemic".

They include the power to forcibly quarantine people – including those with no symptoms – and to "remove or destroy . . . any building, structure, vehicle, vegetation, animal or other thing".
"The legislation includes new powers for senior health officials including directing a person to remain in isolation . . . or obliging them to undergo medical observation, examination or treatment," Mr Hill said.

"These powers would be used only in the event of a serious health emergency.

"We do not expect to invoke those powers for swine flu."
www.news.com.au...

Bold added in.

Please note the last sentence though - saying they don't expect these powers to be enforsed for 'swine flu' (A)H1N1 but for "a more dangerous flu pandemic". Will (A)H1NI suddenly become more dangerous as it mutates? Are they expecting a more dangerous pandemic? Why have they drawn up and actually passed this legislation, just in case something happens?

Although

The Federal Government could increase its pandemic alert level as early as today. The nation is in the "contain" phase. The next is the "sustain" phase, where attention turns to protecting the vulnerable until a vaccine is developed.

So, according to the news reports, in South Australia, legislation has been passed which relates to a "dangerous flu pandemic" and allows the SA Health Chief to declare a "health emergency" (after consultation with the Health Minister and chief medical officer) and the forcible detention of people even if they are showing no symptoms of being sick. It also allows for the detruction of property vegetation, vehicles, animals etc.

It is still early days so will have to do more research and try and track down the actual legislation when I have more time but so far I do not like what I see - at all.

www.news.com.au...

A little more here.....au.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Wow...
thats very worrying for us Australians
good find that one didn't make it on the news on TV
thanks

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Sigh, more unnecessary laws being passed, i thought they would of learn t there lesson from swine flu in that nearly all "prevention" or "containment" measures were ultimately fruitless.

Just more power they have i suppose

"the forcible detention of people even if they are showing no symptoms of being sick. It also allows for the destruction of property vegetation, vehicles, animals etc."

now that does worry me. at least its only a state law though, if Rudd passed something like that i would be a little more concerned.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I've been thinking for a long time that the NWO trials their next level on interference in society as quietly as possible, knowing that once it's brought in in one little backwoods state, like South Australia, a precedent is established that makes it so much easier to bring in anywhere else.

We should all be aware of what's going on in the western "friendly" countries, as what happens in any one place can easily spread.

I can't help wondering if this flu was released in order to justify such legislation.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

WTF ??? !!!!
I livein Adelaide, SA and have heard NOTHING regarding this incredible piece of legislation on the local news which I listened to just 30 mins ago. How did this manage to get snuck in ?

Here's the entire news article:

"STATE Parliament has passed laws allowing buildings and animals to be destroyed in the event of a serious pandemic as the Federal Government prepares to increase the national swine flu alert level.

The state's swine flu tally has soared and the Government has announced it will shift its focus to protecting the vulnerable, preparing to postpone elective surgery and planning more flu clinics.

Doctors now only will test high-risk cases to reduce pressure on facilities.

Last night, a male student, 17, from Pasadena High School, was diagnosed with swine flu. There are 89 confirmed cases of the illness compared with 65 on Monday. Most victims are under 30.

Another recent case is a third Westminster School student, a Year 11 girl.

Health Minister John Hill said it was time to shift the focus from tracing the contacts of confirmed cases to protecting the old, the young and the sick.

He said it was "only a matter of time" before SA was in the same situation as Victoria, with more than 1200 cases.

The legislation passed yesterday gives the state increased powers in the case of "a more dangerous flu pandemic".

They include the power to forcibly quarantine people – including those with no symptoms – and to "remove or destroy . . . any building, structure, vehicle, vegetation, animal or other thing".

"The legislation includes new powers for senior health officials including directing a person to remain in isolation . . . or obliging them to undergo medical observation, examination or treatment," Mr Hill said.

"These powers would be used only in the event of a serious health emergency.

"We do not expect to invoke those powers for swine flu."

The Federal Government could increase its pandemic alert level as early as today.

The nation is in the "contain" phase. The next is the "sustain" phase, where attention turns to protecting the vulnerable until a vaccine is developed.

Being a resident here, you would assume that if the following section of the report was accurate, that I'd be aware of such a serious increase in the swine flu tally or that medical facilities were being stretched to the limit

"The state's swine flu tally has soared and the Government has announced it will shift its focus to protecting the vulnerable, preparing to postpone elective surgery and planning more flu clinics.

Doctors now only will test high-risk cases to reduce pressure on facilities."

And yet strangely enough, the swine flu reporting by our local media appears to have dropped off significantly and we only occasionaly get updates ... in fact, can't even recall the last update on swine flu cases here in SA. It's almost as if it's become a non-event.
But if you simply go by the above report alone, you wouldn't be blamed for thinking every 2nd person here had contracted swine flu and the medical system was struggling. In point of fact, I have yet to personally come across anyone with swine flu nor do I know anyone with swine flu and not one of my friends or relatives personally know of a single case of swine flu.

So again, I reiterate .... WTF ??????

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
When legislation like this gets passed (and without any public awareness) on my very own doorstep and I'm able to compare what I see happening (or more to the point, NOT happening) with the justifications used to push this legislation through so quickly and sooooooo quietly, then my "suspicion meter" goes right of the scale !!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

"Doctors now only will test high-risk cases to reduce pressure on facilities."

What the hell does "high-risk" mean ?
How is that determination to be made ? And by whom ?

And how will we be able to maintain an accurate tally of infected individuals if we're no longer testing everyone who presents symptoms ?
Doesn't that mean more and more infected people will be undetected in the community and able to pass on the infection to even more people ?

UN-FRICKIN-BELIEVABLE !!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'm not aware of any other country to have passed such legislation. Have we become the 1st to pass such a draconian law ?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zetabeam

that seems to be becoming the trend...
not good, havent heard a thing about this in the news

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
WHAT ABOUT HENDRA VIRUS, and the near 100% death rate there.
and the idiots that moved horses after been requested not to break quarantine with other horse virus we had here in Aust.
what would you do to stop people moving after that example if another as serious virus was to break out god forbid.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dallas18

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I haven't heard a peep in the media regarding this new legislation ... it will be interesting to see if any mention is made on the main 6pm news tonight.

That point about forcibly quarantining people even if they have no symptoms is truly frightening. Why would you quarantine someone with no swine flu symptoms ... and under what pretext would it be done ? SCARY !

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandy51
WHAT ABOUT HENDRA VIRUS, and the near 100% death rate there.
and the idiots that moved horses after been requested not to break quarantine with other horse virus we had here in Aust.
what would you do to stop people moving after that example if another as serious virus was to break out god forbid.

But the article states that we will NO LONGER be testing EVERY suspected case ... only high risk cases (whatever that means). So that means quarantine is no longer a high priority from what I understand.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
We had 12 swine flu victims put up in serviced apartments here in Parramatta in Sydney, a stones throw from a major shopping centre and know one even knew about it until the residents complained that they didn't want Swine Flu victims in the building. And called the media in.

If it's all such a no big deal, that local residents aren't even told about this, then this legislation looks way over the top.

But then, they did mention that this won't be invoked for Swine Flu, so they know something else is coming down the pike.

BTW if you can isolate who the peeps responsible for this legislation are, you one step closer to locating who the NWO agents in Oz are.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I was just considering the same thing regarding who it was that originally introduced this bill and their motivation.
But with it's obvious potential infringement of civil liberties (detention with NO symptoms), how the hell did it even get approved and so quickly ?

What was the rush or the urgency ?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by zetabeam
reply to post by dallas18

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I haven't heard a peep in the media regarding this new legislation ... it will be interesting to see if any mention is made on the main 6pm news tonight.

That point about forcibly quarantining people even if they have no symptoms is truly frightening. Why would you quarantine someone with no swine flu symptoms ... and under what pretext would it be done ? SCARY !

That's how they got rid of smallpox.
They swooped in on every report of smallpox and quarantined not only the victims, but everyone who had been in contact with the victims.

It took years, and a lot of hard work, but eventually they quarantined the last case and banished the disease.

Of course the smallpox virus in currently held in labs all over the world, is easy to disperse, and mankind by now has probably lost all immunity to it, making it more deadly than ever.

By the way, despite having a possible explanation, I'm not trusting the government in this case. There have been too many influential people calling for population reduction.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I understand your reference to smallpox which in any case was extremely virulent but the article states VERY clearly

"Health Minister John Hill said it was time to shift the focus from tracing the contacts of confirmed cases to protecting the old, the young and the sick."

which essentially says that quarantine is now not a major policy if they're NOT as focused on tracking contacts of confirmed cases.
But if that's so, then how on earth do they expect to PROTECT the old, the young and the sick if they have no idea who may be a carrier or already infected but not diagnosed ?

Am I missing something here ?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Maybe it didn't take that many yays to get it passed?
And those who did Yay it are probably part of the NWO Oz team.
Would love to know exactly the names of all the agents who got this legislation through.
Anyone know where I might find this info??

And also, we' ve spent so much time here on this board reading about how these kind of laws get passed in through the back door while attention is diverted elsewhere.
We would be very foolish if we didn't apply what we know from here, to our own country and remain vigilant.

We need to send off emails to the main news stations with this link with a please investigate.
If they get bombarded enough, they won't be able to ignore it.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Just watching the evening news and so far no reference or mention to the legislation whatsoever ... even checked SkyNews on Foxtel but no reference there either.
One would think with legislation of this magnitude that there would be news of it being passed ... so why isn't there any ?

Actually, there is a small ref on SkyNews to a new swine flu level that's just been introduced here in Oz called "Protection". Seems like it's based on the premise that Swine Flu hasn't proved as serious as 1st thought ... but then that makes the legislations sudden appearance even more unusual.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Massachusetts just signed the same thing into effect last month.

When they get done saving people, there may be no one and nothing left to save. And it will all be perfectly legal and blameless, not like genocide or anything like that! All nice and legal.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Just another news snippet on our local Chanel 10 evening news confirming that medical authorities no longer consider Swine Flu as potentially serious as originally thought. Body heat sensing cameras will be removed from airports and quaranteening will be less of a priority.

So ... was Swine Flu all this time just an incredible load of hype ????

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join