It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney tied to theft and possible murder

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Are any other sources reporting this?

I ask because this story sounds a little like the movie 3 kings with George Clooney.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Saddam no doubt had cash stashes for emergencies. They were considered the spoils of war and looted. Myself I'd be surprised if Cheney were dumber enough to deposit them somewhere that would be directly incriminating.

That the US backdoor financed people it once thought were good for them is no secret.

In the 90s something called Treasurygate occurred that escaped the purview of not only the MSM but also the conspiracy network.

A renegade Indonesian executive turned up in Texas asking an oilman to help him cash huge off the books US Treasury Bonds that had turned up in his country, which was once considered a safe haven for such transactions.

Names like Idi Amin, Mubarak, and other recognizable names were on these Bonds. One was made out to Saddam Hussein for $33 Billion. Never to be cashed and the US would deny liability if it was ever presented.

The US swooped in and grabbed these notes, so we'll never know if they were for real or not.

My guess is they were issued to humour one time US front men with no intention to ever make good on them.

Mike

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

1.We don't use the term GI anymore.

2. We are called soldiers, marines, etc

3. We are as much American Citazens as anybody else. Some in my opinion are more worthy of that term then you or me.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Although I don't doubt Cheney is capable (and probably been a part of), some really insidious dealings. .

Wayne Madsen? Really?
This is the same guy who reported a coup within the Air Force against Bush a few years back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
Wayne Madsen? Really?
This is the same guy who reported a coup within the Air Force against Bush a few years back.

Madsen probably comes across stories that have some merit, now and then.

But he's just become another guy now trying to outdo the competition with even bigger hotter stories to get more subscriptions.

There's a waiting audience for this stuff, and they are willing to buy into any story that conforms to their expepctations.

Cheney as the Great Mastermind Real Power Behind the Throne is always popular.

Mike

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Why would Dick Cheney need to steal a bunch of money to keep his political friends working on his "secret agenda". Cheney has some of the richest friends in the world. Do you really think he is going to be so dumb as to do something like hide a bunch of money in secret accounts? He knows for a fact the government uncovers stuff like that. He is one of the guys that put in place the means to uncover that info about terrorists and criminals.

Thank God Cheney is standing up and pointing out some of the flaws in the Obama administrations handling of things.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by neil a

Yes, even after reading the links posted I still do not see this as anything which could be considered more than a quagmire of deflection for other more impressive situations yet to be discovered by the GP.

Mr C. does NOT deal in the lowly world of cash as we know it. If he is above anything it is the false flag of monetary cash flow and stagnation.

This man deals in Power not petty cash theft.

The bones were thrown to the loyal.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neil a

this is not surprising to me at all.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PINDARFOX12

Well of course not, because people like you think that Dick Cheney is the devil. If I created a thread that said Dick Cheney decapitated his wife and ate her brain you would believe it.

All the guy has done is serve the country for most of his life. Then he gets blamed for 911 when their is no proof he had a hand in any of it. Name one thing that links him to being behind 911 or anything else that is criminal.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Dude, you are about to get 99% of the ATS members flaming you. Back up know and choose your fights carefully.

Right now they are calling each other on the phone and are about to suffocate you with a virtual dog pile.

Edit while you still can.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

LOL, well it will give them something to do for the day. You know they need a good enemy to beat up on or they are not happy.

It just gets under my skin that people believe anything bad they hear about Cheney or Bush without any proof other than some guy said it was true.

How would they like it if I said something bad about them and everyone believed it without evidence?

Anyway, thanks for the warning. Just think how many points that will rack up for the OP, maybe he will stop to thank me.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Just for the record I never said that Dick Cheney was the devil.

I did imply that the devil has to wear sunglasses over the weekend to hide the black eye that Dick gave him during one of their many lovers spats.

I am actually impressed. I don't think I've ever really seen anyone defend Cheney before.

He's a bad man. He's a greedy man. I would say that he's got so many skeletons in his closet that the Smithsonian calls him when they need spare parts for their collection.

yeah.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
There was a short story jst days after the US and allied forces went into Iraq, now impossible to find, that described millions of documents the UN and allied forces found that listed all the companies worldwide - US and others included that were involved with building various WMD infrastructures and materials that Saddam and his government were using that when found, a US team went in and isolated this document treasure from any other group. This data and information was gleened and redacted before passing out the remaining cleaned documents to the UN and allied forces several weeks later.

I would love to see the list, monies exchanged , countries, persons and communications on that !!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Just for the record I never said that Dick Cheney was the devil.

I did imply that the devil has to wear sunglasses over the weekend to hide the black eye that Dick gave him during one of their many lovers spats.

I am actually impressed. I don't think I've ever really seen anyone defend Cheney before.

He's a bad man. He's a greedy man. I would say that he's got so many skeletons in his closet that the Smithsonian calls him when they need spare parts for their collection.

yeah.

LOL, liked the devil joke. Nice one. Kind of reminds me with the South Park with the devil and Sadaam.

You can say he is a bad and greedy man, but it is just an opinion. There is no proof that he is either, other than a bunch of people blamining him for things that they had no proof that it happened that way or that it happened at all.

I could say bad stuff about anybody, but it doesnt make it true.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

And thanks to things being classified and some executive orders we will probably never know exactly what Dick was or was not guilty of. But in a court, with reasonable doubt as standard? I don't think he'd see a conflict of interest or even a crimes against humanity trial as a walk in the park (assuming a level playing field for the court proceedings).

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I received an e-mail the other day.
Evidently, all this cash remains in Iraq. A marine sgt. claims he contacted me because I am trustworthy enough to receive a package containing $26.5M, to hold until he comes state-side. All I have to do is send my particulars...

Sorry, I do not buy into all the claims of the vast amount of "booty" commandeered...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Well if anything, the playing field would be tilted against Cheney, because the Congress and President are Dems.

The thing is they cannot take him down for "torture" because obviously Pelosi did not see it as torture when she was breifed on it. So if he is guilty then she is an accessory to the crime.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Granted. We'd gut our own government if we were to pursue Iraq based convictions.

But still, the whole point of this thread, in a way, was to show that Cheney is above the law. We've just proven that regarding one issue.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

This whole thread is just about throwing around some wild, unsubstantiated accusations against Cheney without any proof whatsoever. If there is one shred of proof that the OP is correct anywhere in this thread then point it out to me.

Also, we did not just prove Cheney is above the law. We proved that the Dems will not hang one of their own out to dry in order to pursue the matter. I personally think if there was a trial he would be found not guilty.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyrytyes
I received an e-mail the other day.
Evidently, all this cash remains in Iraq. A marine sgt. claims he contacted me because I am trustworthy enough to receive a package containing $26.5M, to hold until he comes state-side. All I have to do is send my particulars...

Sorry, I do not buy into all the claims of the vast amount of "booty" commandeered...

Wow. I get African bank executives offering me millions and all I have to do is pay a nominal transaction fee.

There was looting in Iraq in the chaos after the ousting of Saddam. Tragically much of it involved stealing and selling archeological artifacts worth a fortune on black markets.

The Americans would have had to be quick in beating out Iraqis in locating Saddam's hidden stashes of cash and valuables.

Stories will continue to emerge. Some of them may even be true.

Mike

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join