It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters... Are they a joke or what????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I know its TV. I know its entertainment. But does any body take these guys seriously???

Are these people helping the community or hurting it?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I used to catch it in drips and drops. I was very unimpressed with them devoting an entire hour to Maury island, which has long been well established as an early hoax case. Since I got back into being super interested in UFOs, I watched a few complete episodes online, and some of them are very good, with their going through the McDonald files being a real standout episode.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i dont like how they spend so much time going over everything while injecting drama into the mix and then in the end discover nothing at all...or they dont really even make any headway.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Any publicity is good publicity.

Thats the motto, better to have people interested then have noone aware of it.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Any publicity is good publicity.

Thats the motto, better to have people interested then have noone aware of it.

Agreed.

I think they do a fairly decent job. Do not expect anything major however.

The reason I personally enjoy watching this show (on youtube of course) is because there are 3 different types of investigators.

1) Believer.
2) On the fence guy.
3) Big skeptic.

They usually present most theories about cases and are pretty well researched as well. I look at them positively most of the time. Its a great show.

One of my favorite episodes.
"UFO RELICS"

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The guy with the glasses is a joke. He believes anything. He sees a light in the sky and there's no doubt it is an extraterrestrial craft. I'm not saying I don't like the show, but he is annoying.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KEMIK
The guy with the glasses is a joke. He believes anything. He sees a light in the sky and there's no doubt it is an extraterrestrial craft. I'm not saying I don't like the show, but he is annoying.

He is the believer. That is cool though because the "on the fence" guy and the "skeptic" balance his auto-assumption incredulity out a bit.

My favorite is the skeptic personally.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I would say that it is a good bridge between those in the know and those who would not normally give the subject the time of day.

I think of it as UFO 101, or UFO's for dummies.

My wife for example (who was sick and tired of my theories gleamed from my reading) will watch it and is in awe. We can now actually talk about it

Do many of us here who have done our homework learn anything? Probably not. But it's like watching Jeopardy! It's always fun to say the answer (in the form of a question) before Mr. Trebek does.

(And they go to the places I never will. Seeing the water tower supports in regards to Der Glocke cemented that portion as bunk)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The guy wears the glasses because he has a creepy blinking problem. Watch an early ep when he doesn't have them on, every second with this guy...OCD I guess.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I watch only to see if there are any incidents that I have not yet looked into, after all for people on here what could they find that was new. However I really hope that they do find something.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
i dont like how they spend so much time going over everything while injecting drama into the mix and then in the end discover nothing at all...or they dont really even make any headway.

Exactly what I was going to say...LOL. They never find ANYTHING.....they never even make you think that they may be on the trail of something.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
UFO Hunters is pretty laughable because they never explore all options fairly. If they did they would be doing ufology a favor, instead almost everything has to be sensationalized.

I really enjoy Monster Quest though, they do occasionally discover something that surprises me on that show.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The UFO phenomenon needs as much exposer as it can get imo.

Information on the subject is far to suppressed if you ask me.
There are more shows about ghost's and other less important topics it seems.

My faverout is the skeptic Kevin (even though im more of a believer than he is) he should of been introduced into the show alot earlier imo but i do love the way bill is about it all, he makes me laugh.

[edit on 17/6/09 by Ezappa]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I dont think it matters even if they do fail to prove anything. Just bringing the subject forward is enougth.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

It's laughable, but it doesn't really direct as much toward ratings as information.

I don't study ufology, as much as NLP and Quantum Mechanics, My face as i'm in the 21st century, thats what its about.

But I like to hear and learn what they have to say.

I never knew a thing about AUTEC before they did a show on it, i've been educated to a deal because of them.

Don't expect everyone to be a full fledged UFO watcher, it's a conversion process.

Also don't expect their season finale to be CONTACT, it's not going to happen, well I shouldn't say not, but most likely no. They can't just do that, their guys truly trying at what they do, which is particularly rare.

I enjoy the show, hope they keep making them, i'm on the fence, since I believe in aliens, whether they've visited us on vacation, I have no idea, but it's debatable at least.

These guys hold up a good debate against me, their worthy of my praise, and a petition to give them another season!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
UFO Hunters is a typical US show presented by typical US presenters, ie from another countries perspective the presenters are so fake and rehearsed.

American presenters always dramatise the most minute things and then almost always draw their shows to an anti climax. IMO its light watching with a pinch of humour thrown in.

I do not believe this show is harming the credibility of ufology, instead it is genetly stirring and nudging the sleepers.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

muzzleflash

Thanks for the video, shoulda done that myself

I would have to agree with a lot of you, on the fact that any light on the subject helps. I do think that some of there content is a little over dramatized, but it is TV.

IMO

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

According to UFO Magazine, “There is no official word yet, but there is a chance that UFO Hunters may be canceled and not return for season 4.” In response to concerns of cancellation, UFO Hunters fans have been signing an online petition to urge the History Channel to keep the show. The fans do not want UFO Hunters to end up in the same ‘black hole’ where other popular thought-provoking programs have met an untimely death. The reason for possible termination of the show is not clear. The show’s star, Bill Birnes, said: UFO Hunters had some of the top-rated episodes in the history of the History Channel....

Source:

Ar ticle Link

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
My favorite was the underwater area 51 episode. Bill walks up to the gates and says, "We're here. Show us the alien".

new topics

top topics

join