It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do dreams have meaning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Recently I have had dreams about my own death, I have actually died in my dreams on occasion. I was told that to die in your own dream can be dangerous cause the shock can cause you to have a heart-attack or something.

Anyway does this mean anything?

It's not recurring dreams cause I die a different way every time.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Of course dreams have meaning, but it's almost always symbolic or metaphorical, rather then literal, and only a very few are truly precognitive. You should know if this is so.

Please try not to be alarmed. Death in dreams most often means the death of something to do with you in your waking life. The death of a certain feeling maybe ? Have you given up on anything in your life ? it could mean the death of that. Or the death of the 'old' you as in you are changing, or becoming a 'new' person in some way.

Take a look at your waking/daily life to see how this idea might apply to you.

As to the 'dieing in your dream, you die in real life' idea. I'm not sure if this has ever been proven true or is simply urban myth.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Thanks for that. I don't really find it alarming, just curious.

Not really sure about changes in my life. Had so many the last few months i'd prefer some stability for now lol.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The 'death' represents something that is trying to be cleared off the slate in your mind-losing, loss, or fear of loss of a job, a wife/girlfriend, car/home etc. The vivid dreams represent something in real life that has to be resolved or that is pent up. I kept dreaming I lost my car or couldn't remember where I parked it. It was a car I owned when I was single. Frustrating, and I was unbelievably upset. Yup. Finally realized I was more authentic when I was single. Got rid of the stone around my neck, now I'm me again and I don't have dreams about the car anymore. Good Luck.

top topics

join