It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serial Killers And Politicians Share Traits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Serial Killers And Politicians Share Traits

www.postchronicle.com

The following commentary includes material obtained by the National Association of Chiefs of Police from the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Behavioral Analysis Unit.)

What doesn't go unnoticed is the fact that some of the character traits exhibited by serial killers or criminals may be observed in many within the political arena. While not exhibiting physical violence, many political leaders display varying degrees of anger, feigned outrage and other behaviors. They also lack what most
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The article goes on to say.

They also lack what most consider a "shame" mechanism. Quite simply, most serial killers and many professional politicians must mimic what they believe, are appropriate responses to situations they face such as sadness, empathy, sympathy, and other human responses to outside stimuli.

While many political leaders will deny the assessment regarding their similarities with serial killers and other career criminals, it is part of a psychopathic profile that may be used in assessing the behaviors of many officials and lawmakers at all levels of government.

I have been saying this for years. Many politicians are pathalogical liars. They have convinced themselves that they are telling the truth or being honest.

They lie and call it spin. They control people's lives and millions of dollars. They can fake shame when their caught or they can fake concern for an issue.

I keep saying the American people need to get this Government in check. They have too much control over our lives and money and this gives them power.

www.postchronicle.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Matrix Rising]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The common link is psychopathy. They lack conscience. I thought this was general knowledge?

this line comes second

[edit on 16-6-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This is hardly news to me, as I have always thought that 95% of persons in power, in any country at any time in history, were sociopaths. Why do they want to be in office and spend millions to do so? because they want power over others. And i distrust anyone who wants to exhibit power over me.

I have seen little evidence of true altruism or desire for serving people in the majority of politicians. If they do something "nice", it always has some very banal motive behind it, like photo ops, popularity, or furthering ambition.

I can't think of an instance where a politician truly sacrificed something or suffered horribly for something he did, with the motivation for that being achieving a greater good. I'm certain such things have happened, though very rarely. I can, however, think of numerous incidents where they have served themselves

I think you have to be a sociopath to become a politician, let alone want to become one. I've often wondered if these people are even still human like the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I've come to the conclusion that they are people but not part of humanity.

I think our conscience is what makes us human.

Without this, they are just intelligent beasts.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
And this is news? No seriously, politicians are the scum of our society. They lie cheat and steal to get where they are and then go about making the decisions that reap them the most financial benefit.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

yes, good point.

When I said not human, I didn't mean reptilian or some other bunk. I believe that while someone can look and walk upright like a human, what truly makes us human is our ability to form limits based on what we feel is right and wrong.

A conscience, and empathy that true humans share in some degree, varying from individual. Psychopaths do not have this, and in my opinion, are not truly human. Not even beasts, more like mortal fiends.

new topics

top topics

join