It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil, Russia, India and China form bloc to challenge US dominance

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

"Oh plucky, your Zen is genius."

(Yeah, right. Only to those of like manner.)

And please explain what "you" are trying to say, without so many words.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Just a bit of an update on this. After the BRIC meeting the President of Brazil met with Kazakhstan's President Nursultan Nazarbayev.

The article doesn't state it, but my assumtion would be that this meeting was a tie in of BRIC to SCO as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Here is what he had to say afterward..

Time for 'new world order': Brazilian President

Speaking after a meeting with Kazakhstan's President Nursultan Nazarbayev in the Kazakh capital Astana, Lula called on the global community to seize on the crisis to create a fairer world for developing nations.

"I want to say that before the crisis, there were many countries which had greater significance than others, and some countries which had no significance at all," he said through a translator.

"After the crisis, everyone has become similar. We have the possibility to create a new world order and together we should improve our relations."

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE
reply to post by Maxmars

"Oh plucky, your Zen is genius."

(Yeah, right. Only to those of like manner.)

And please explain what "you" are trying to say, without so many words.

Oh, did I offend you? If so it was unintentional.

The least amount of words that I think describe what many fear is this:

"This could be the beginning of World War III".

But then, that's a very simplistic way of describing what could be happening. Outside the TV set that is.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Now you're talking. But we have to remember what others have said here.

"That maybe having competition now will bring the best out of us."
"That being the only superpower around is boring."

I realize how funny that sounds, but think about it. Do you really think that
just because of BRIC, war is now inevitable ?

The "seeing" of our own nature, in and of itself, should be enough to
temper our urges to nuke and destroy.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACEMANN

This should, however, be a wake-up call - we need to STOP investing in foreign countries! America's future as a superpower lies in its ability and willingness to increase its industrial strength.

And our corporations ability and willingness to increase their industrial strength in the U.S. is dependent on the the government's willingness to reduce taxes and thus operating expenses in the U.S. Not gonna happen in the Obama administration - guaranteed!

But I agree with you... just not gonna happen.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tim1989

America isn't invited. Nobody likes you.

America should be invited, so we can have an iCrab -

We all love crabs!

BTW, if Americans still love to spend trillions on battlefield or something like pay 200 million to Bermuda to accept several so-called terrorists, the dominance won't last forever even without any challenge.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
wow some of you guys really do not understand geopolitics do you?

an "Economic" treaty is NOT a "Military" Treaty

please study treaties a little closer and STOP the Fear Mongering

TYVM

Apparently you don't understand this one. Read my responses on the first page of this thread here. Follow the links I provided and understand what is really going on here.

originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
This is not about BRIC as some have commented - it is about SCO (which is also a "must read" to understand what's going on here). This whole economic issue is all about military aggression. Nothing more. READ people READ and always look for the back story. It's usually more accurate.

While you may think that this is just an economic treaty, you would be very wrong.

[edit on 17/6/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The problem for the military cooperation, especially among Russia, India, and China, is that they are all natural rivals. Russia and China especially are like Russia and Germany before WWII...bff's until the betrayal. WWIII doesn't have to happen, but none of these countries could count on each other in a major war.

India is busy o playing nice with all sides. They are nervous as hell about what the Chinese have made happen in Sri Lanka. The Russians and Chinese have provided the cover for the Sri Lankans stomping the Tamils flat...imagine if the west tried to back an Israeli push to 'solve the Palestinian problem once and for all.' India didn't want it to go down like this at all but they had no choice. China of course wants Naval bases there, to make themselves dominant in the Indian ocean, and the Indians do not like that AT ALL. But for the time being India has no alternative it seems other than to also try to be as helpful to Sri Lanka as possible. India also does not like the Chinese efforts to establish naval bases in Pakistan.

In other ways, the cooperation makes a lot of sense. But then again, cooperation makes a lot of sense in general.

India, China, and Brazil especially would love to gain total access to the US, Japanese, and European food markets. Instead of selling or just giving their own food to their own people, they'd rather export it to where it would demand the highest market price.

Russia is offering them all space science expertise, weapons expertise, and of course energy deals. But then again they don't really want to lose the Eastern half of Russia to the Chinese. Outside of a few areas of expertise, the Russians are badly in need of technology trading...see their continuing efforts to get Opel's tech from Germany.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 11andrew34

Not meaning to invalidate your post. It was well received, but it occurs to me that not all wars are 'military' in nature. The theater of war has suddenly evolved into something more multidimensional.

It's akin to the Machiavellian. Yet somehow substantially devoid of moral merit.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Max,
thanks for bringing some sobriety to the debate. Now that everyone's blown off steam we can look at the issue in detail. I believe the BRIC countries have a lot to offer the world, and we COULD look forward to mutual trade in future if all goes well.
I also see the BRIC treaty as a direct response to the Brzezinski plan, which has been planning to set off wars in Eurasia and play powers off against each other for decades.
While all of the BRIC countries have border disputes and issues, I believe that they're not really militarily expansionist. I'm not sure what's going on. I wouldn't go so far as to say the announcement is 'staged', poliicians often talk in face saving code in public. I think it's more an opaque window into vast power shifts behind the scenes. Do you think the leaders of all these countries want to see their poorest citizens scraping a living producing coffe, tea, sugar, toys and cheap MP3 players for the west?

If there's a danger of WWIII, from whatever quarter, it's OUR job to forge citizen to citizen diplomatic links and spread the word about the warmongers so it will be more difficult for any of those idiots to whip the public into a frenzy.

Check the history of these countries and you will see they have vast resources and knowledge to offer the world. I'm looking forward to an era of healthy competition.

[edit on 16f20095amFri, 19 Jun 2009 06:41:17 -050017 by HiAliens]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
It is ok. Let those fool countries trust mother Russia, something no one should do.

Oh btw, people from countries like Austrailia, Canada etc, ranting about the American public of which you know NOTHING about, only makes us dislike you more

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by USamf
ranting about the American public of which you know NOTHING about, only makes us dislike you more

(Sarcasm!)
NOTHING ABOUT!? - You guys voted for Bush & Cheney TWICE!!

I think we are now divided into unions! - and yes! the most unfair privilege & advantage of holding the dollar as the world's reserve currency for the Petro dollar recycling system is slowly changing towards a more multi polar reserve currency - therefore could the current dollar hegemony soon be over!?

A multi polar world currency would benefit all the world's countries or unions instead of just one country as it is now!

A Multi-Polar World Order is now emerging as the New World Order!

(America & Britain through PNAC wanted a more Unilateral Anglo-Saxon World Order, the west wanted to lead the world a.k.a Old World Order - the great game etc!)

I think that America will still be a important part of the "New World Order"
But maybe not a dominant as before though! - you'll be a part of the rest of us and will be playing ball on the same terms & rules as the rest of the world.

By 2015 the US and EU will be ONE common market! the work already begun 2007 and is called:

The Transatlantic Economic Integration Plan
ec.europa.eu...

useu.usmission.gov...

Some more info regarding this:

Bush OKs 'integration' with European Union. Congress never asked about new obligation.

President Bush signed an agreement creating a "permanent body" that commits the U.S. to "deeper transatlantic economic integration," without ratification by the Senate as a treaty or passage by Congress as a law.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

7-year plan aligns U.S.- Rules, regs to be integrated

The plan – currently being implemented by the Bush administration with the formation of the Transatlantic Economic Council in April 2007 – appears to be following a plan written in 1939 by a world-government advocate who sought to create a Transatlantic Union as an international governing body.

A progress report on the TEC website indicates the following U.S. government agencies are already at work integrating and harmonizing administrative rules and regulations with their EU counterparts: The Office of Management and Budget, the Food and Drug Administration, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the Securities and Exchange Commission.

www.wnd.com...

Carl Bildt, Sweden’s minister for foreign affairs, made a pitch for two other major Bilderberg goals: creating a global Department of Treasury and Department of Health, with all nations surrendering sovereignty over these issues to the UN. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is to become the Treasury Department and the World Health Organization the World Health Department.

The IMF reportedly sent a report to Bilderberg advocating its rise to becoming the World Treasury Department, and “U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner enthusiastically endorsed the plan for a World Treasury Department, although he received no assurance that he would become its leader.” Geithner further said, “Our hope is that we can work with Europe on a global framework, a global infrastructure which has appropriate global oversight.”[10]

www.americanfreepress.net...

Following the G20 meeting at the beginning of April, 2009, it was reported that, “The world is a step closer to a global currency, backed by a global central bank, running monetary policy for all humanity,” as the Communiqué released by the G20 leaders stated that, “We have agreed to support a general SDR allocation which will inject $250bn (£170bn) into the world economy and increase global liquidity,” and that, “SDRs are Special Drawing Rights, a synthetic paper currency issued by the International Monetary Fund that has lain dormant for half a century.” Essentially, “they are putting a de facto world currency into play. It is outside the control of any sovereign body.”[15] [See Appendix 2: Creating a Central Bank of the World]

With the G20 decision to increase the usage of IMF Special Drawing Rights (SDRs), forming a de facto world currency, it was recently reported that, “Sub-Saharan Africa will receive around $10 billion from the IMF in Special Drawing Rights (SDRs) to help its economies weather the global financial crisis,” and that, “As part of a $1.1 trillion deal to combat the world economic downturn agreed at April's G20 summit, the IMF will issue $250 billion worth of SDRs, which can be used to boost foreign currency reserves.”[17]

Recent reports have also indicated that the IMF’s role in issuing SDRs goes hand in hand with the Bilderberg discussion on the potential collapse of the US dollar, and, “Transforming the dollar standard into an SDR-based system would be a major break with a policy that has lasted more than 60 years.” It was reported that, “There are two ways in which the dollar’s role in the international monetary system can be reduced. One possibility is a gradual, market-determined erosion of the dollar as a reserve currency in favor of the euro. But, while the euro’s international role – especially its use in financial markets – has increased since its inception, it is hard to envisage it overtaking the dollar as the dominant reserve currency in the foreseeable future.” However, “With the dollar’s hegemony unlikely to be seriously undermined by market forces, at least in the short and medium-term, the only way to bring about a major reduction in its role as a reserve currency is by international agreement.” This is where the SDRs come into play, as “One way to make the SDR the major reserve currency relatively soon would be to create and allocate a massive amount of new SDRs to the IMF’s members.”[18] This is, interestingly, exactly what is happening with Africa and the IMF now.

www.globalresearch.ca...

So whether we like it or not!? The wheel's are in motion and the work for a Multi Polar World Order has already begun! And the BRIC Countries are just hedging themselves to be sure that they will not be left out of the developments & agreements!

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by USamf

more BS from an ignorant american

these nations have seen the true genocidal face of USA , and are uniting to contain the american threat to the world , the american threat that unchecked , has destroyed so many nations

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

WOW Plucky, harsh words....freedom & liberty, really? Why are these freedoms and liberties being aroded away everyday, in this land of the USA, you hold so dear? Don't get me wrong, I love my country, just hate my government.
If you follow any info regarding the NWO, it is set up to first segment the world and then merge it to one (European Union, North American Union, Aficain Union and Asian Union). This is only a bunch of grandstanding to get to the end game. We are forming a pact to fend off America....really.....they are forming their pact to usher in the NWO.
Makes sense to me....4 groups are easier controlled than the what, 180 or so countries........your thoughts?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
China Defense Minister Speech on USA Extermination

I wish I understood geopolitics to the extent that you all appear to. I'm just a bewildered little old lady trying to make sense of the mess of this world. Many of you make some excellent points, but my gut feeling in the political arena is: there is always an agenda, it is always about money, and ultimately always about power. I believe both BRIC and SCO are about those three things, none of which bode well for little old ladies or YOU for that matter.

I don't know if these speeches by Haotian are legitimate, but Jeff (in the above link) makes some astute observations about both China and Russia that are appropriate to this discussion. The text of the speeches (also found at the above link) speak for themselves in regards to China's motivations.

I don't believe there will be a nuclear war and I don't believe China needs us. They do however, need our resources. To me, that's as plain as the nose on your face, whether you believe these speeches are legitimate or not. With all the advances in bio-technology, I believe nukes are out and bio-weapons are in. You can't use nukes without destroying what you hope to possess - land. You can certainly get rid of the pesky people that own the land you want, though.

For at least 60 years, we have elected (or so we are led to believe) leaders who have cared nothing for the ideals of liberty, freedom, peace or justice for any one of us - only for themselves. I think the steady erosion of our constitution is testament to that. Elected leaders talk a good game, but their actions inevitably speak much clearer. I think we would do well to remember that Government isn't about those constitutional ideals and upholding them, it is about power and money and using war to get it. We have all (worldwide) allowed government to grow into the monster that will destroy us all. BRIC and SCO are just more growth spurts.

I don't trust Russia or China to be about a fairer playing field, but that's just me. Maybe I've got my granny panties in a bunch, but the world is a scary place lately.

Defense Minister Chi Haotian is the correct name, I got it wrong earlier

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Burred_Dawg]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join