It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil, Russia, India and China form bloc to challenge US dominance

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

As for this thread. I think it's about time for someone to stand up to the US....We're getting too full of ourselves. And honestly, I don't hate my own country. Instead, I'm a bit embarrassed by it.

Agreed and thats why I now live in Canada. That and my fiance is Canadian.

I luv my country so much.. thats why I'm so angry with it and sickened by it. I know what America can be capable of but with the nazi's running it, I've lost all faith. Until the people unite and quit squabling about Democrats vs Republicans.. America will continue to bleed. I luv America but it truly is the government I fear.. as the old saying goes.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Are the Chinese and Indians really ready to forsake all their business with the US and throw in their lot with...Russia? It seems improbable.

The BRIC alliance won't amount to much unless it places itself in DIRECT OPPOSITION to the Anglo-American order...much as the communist bloc was directly opposed to the US and Western Europe during the Cold War.

If this actually happens, then yes, the BRIC designation will take on real meaning and strength. But as long as the India and China wish to retain at least some business interests with the US, it seems unlikely that this could happen. I have a sneaking suspicion that India and China would like to "have their cake and eat it too." That is, they would like to have a greater voice on the world stage and greater independence from the US and the other G7 nations...and yet, at the same time, they are not willing to cut all cords...they still want to sell to the US/G7 nations and do business with them. They can't ultimately have it both ways...yet. The time when India and China are ready to write off all friendly intercourse with the G7 nations is still quite a ways in the future...if indeed it ever arrives.

That is EXACTLY what China and India want to do. They are in no position to cut ties with the West and simultaneously be "independent". "Having their cake and eating it too" is a perfect description.

This should, however, be a wake-up call - we need to STOP investing in foreign countries! America's future as a superpower lies in its ability and willingness to increase its industrial strength.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So some of you disenchanted americans want to bully other countries,
want to nuke them (sick), want to spread deadly viruses (sick).

You pathetic, mealy-mouthed, radical hotheads !

Well I love this country. (I'm still working on liking the government !)

When people from other countries tell us things about ourselves that aren't
up to your expectations, you can't handle it can you ? Ever think they may
be right about how we come off sometimes ? We do act arrogant at times.
We do make mistakes. And if your mind can't be open for even a little bit
of the truth, then I'm sorry for you. We're no better or no worse than those
others. But we should realize that all we can do is to try to do the right
thing whenever we can.

I don't trust or like politics one iota. But I do like people.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Applesandoranges
www.abovetopsecret.com...

By giving its people a piece of the mother land. They each get ares of land to build a family plot and small house with which they use permaculture approaches to grow trees with raspberry bush hedgings as a fence, gardens and plants which they can eat and sell tax free. Russia's food supply actually comes from these families plots of land rather than agriculture. They dont watch tv as most of their time is spent outdoors attending thier land and being happy and merry.

Sounds like the Native American Reservations! I'm sure there will be no corruption

[edit on 6/17/2009 by yadda333]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Let this new Bric's first challenge be to deal with Northe Korea. Lets see if they can clean up their own backyard before we count the US out.

America needs to steer away from all the crap Chinese imports we buy from Wal Mart and DELL needs to bring all those tech support jobs back from India.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
being an American...one whom is patriotic, i have to say this is a damn good idea.

people get so wrapped up in the phrase "New World Order"..they think it is literally a "NEW" world order.

when in fact, the current "world order" is quite old..spanning before the British World Empire that began early in the 2nd millenium a.d. (maybe even before that)

Americas power has been the culmination of past foreign policies and past manipulation of world currency and modern world views by the wealthiest individuals combined with the most sophisticated and powerful militaries.

to have a fair and balanced world..all peoples must have the same voice...one can not be booming over the others and expect to have a fair and balanced world where everyone has the same opportunity.

In essence, though, to be honest it is all about...$$$...like it always is.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
slicobacon no offence but yeah they really care what you think and they definately want to pay you triple wages whilst supporting you after all the money you give them for technology. No wonder pigs are flying now as its a miracle. What angels these companies are that nothing is built on greed. After raping the American and now exploiting overseas people, they really want to help you.
I dont know maybe its the power of the people that can create self empowerment, sustainability and change. But heck who cares about that we have the government and corporations to do the thinking for us.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. So four countries get together and increase ties, and say they want a fairer, more balanced world... and immediately:

People start war-gaming WWIII. "Zomg liek let thum try we'll kick thar asses."
People start seeing it as a sinister move to destroy America. "zomg thar trying to destroy our liberty wull have too nuke thar planet"
People start reading all sorts of NWO stuff into the announcement. "zomg zomg zomg he said world order we're doomed we're doomed"

Typical ATS fail-fest, kudos to the more sober posters here.

Here's a freaky crackpot theory:

"It is possible to end the hyper-dominance of the U.S. and enter into a multi-polar world with mutual trade and prosperity, if the more genocidal factions present in ALL governments are exposed and restrained."

True, there could be a war at any time but why extrapolate WWIII from every headline. Grow up.

Hysteria, Bloviation, Fear, Arrogance, Delusion, Selfishness.

[edit on 16f20093pmWed, 17 Jun 2009 12:24:15 -050015 by HiAliens]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Great. They may find this all great and fun, but I would like to remind Russia, Brazil, China, and India, that we do not take kindly to interlopers. Any country that wants to challenge the gift of freedom that America is spreading throughout the world will be nuked...it is that simple. We take honor and freedom very seriously, so intently in fact, that we are willing to destroy the entire world if we have to, just to prove how important human liberty is.

Haha! Good post!

You had me there. As I read more and more words I began slowly tearing my hair out and stifling a scream. It was only in your last couple of lines that I thought, with a smile, "ahhhh".

To be fair, you can't blame me for being taken in. I really wouldn't be at all surprised to find such views on this forum.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
good for them.. we deserve it!..

America has turned into a huge steaming pile of #. Someone needs to step in and clean this mess up. This has become a country run by corrupt thugs.

Go Russia, China, Brazil, and India!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
reply to post by john124

The term 'NWO' or any world order was only spoken in quiet corners up until 18 months ago , now every Politician in every country bands the Phrase about as common practice.

When did we start having a world order? last time i looked we were mostly countries. and most of them in a sorry state ..

It was discussed heavily after WWI and even more so after WWII.

It's weird to see you lot running around waving your arms above your heads and shreaking "NEW WORLD ORDER!! NEW WORLD ORDER!!". Done well and humanely, there would be nothing better for the planet and it's people.

Ignore that gob#e Alex Jones, all he is worried about is going hoarse and not getting the chance to hear his own hoggish voice 24/7.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
wow some of you guys really do not understand geopolitics do you?

an "Economic" treaty is NOT a "Military" Treaty

please study treaties a little closer and STOP the Fear Mongering

TYVM

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The way I see things developing around our little rock in a couple years time most nations will be crying and pledging so that BRIC can give them some bricks for reconstruction. As stated before on this thread we all just have to go with the flow as this will be more apparent closing to the end of the year.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Great. They may find this all great and fun, but I would like to remind Russia, Brazil, China, and India, that we do not take kindly to interlopers. Any country that wants to challenge the gift of freedom that America is spreading throughout the world will be nuked...it is that simple. We take honor and freedom very seriously, so intently in fact, that we are willing to destroy the entire world if we have to, just to prove how important human liberty is.

I have seen a number of people attack this poster, and I don't want to speak for him/her but I take a sort of different interpretation of what is being said than everyone else. (Assuming that this wasn't meant as comedy, which I still think it could have but anyway)

Everyone seems to be attacking this person, however this person never said that he/she approved or thought what was stated was morally correct or anything. The person just says that this is what could happen if these countries get too "ambitious". This person seems to be speaking in the 3rd person, as to what he/she thinks our government/NWO is actually thinking or what they are capable of.

I take this as meaning that our government (controlled by NWO) is more than willing to do this, in the poster's opinion. And in that case I am sorry to say but I must agree with the poster. The NWO is more than capable of doing as such in my opinion.

I do not approve of actions like that at all, not one bit. But to dismiss the possiblility that the NWO would start world chaos if they truly fealt threatened by "usupers", I think one would have to be extremely naive.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by burth179]

link   
I don't see this as a bad thing as long as we don't start another cold war.

Nothing George Bush did was good for the citizens of this country. Military adventurism seems to waste public funds so we have no money left for social programs.

Look Al Qaeda, real or imagined MIGHT get you -- but old age, sickness and poverty WILL get you if we don't have something protecting us from all our internal parasites -- the Robber Barons.

The lame excuses for the Iraq and Afghanistan wars would have had to face another power.

We are enthralled to the Fed and World Banks.

So, if they aren't as corrupt as we are, and perhaps aren't conducting resource wars -- then I'm happy for a check on our military industrial complex.

But if we are scaling up weapons, putting more "boots on the ground" in some third-world country we just learned about because we are bombing it in opposition to some BRIC troops in the area -- thanks but no thanks.

The world cannot survive another 40 years of a new cold war. We all have to grow up and rub the muck from our eyes and realize that these external threats are just justifications for tyrants at home.

The only thing that can conquer and crush Americans is Americans. And I think if we don't have a check on Multinational profit taking, and all these other failing systems in our country, then the Oligarchs are going to declare victory in another generation.

link   

reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

No sarcasm intended. We crush our opponents, we don't wait for war, we bring it...where have you been for the last century? If these countries wish to do this, it is their death warrant. We kill so that we may live.

I believe there was a chance here to claim sarcasm. Are you reading
something we're not reading ? COME ON ! COME ON !

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE

reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

No sarcasm intended. We crush our opponents, we don't wait for war, we bring it...where have you been for the last century? If these countries wish to do this, it is their death warrant. We kill so that we may live.

I believe there was a chance here to claim sarcasm. Are you reading
something we're not reading ? COME ON ! COME ON !

See my above post, again all this person is saying is that the USA takes out its enemies. I agree with the poster, it is proven over the last centruy that USA crush its opponents and brings war to its enemies.

I never said it was RIGHT, but it is what it is.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

And what is it going to do? Liberate these nations? Good luck. The future battle won't be military - it will be economic, and US already lost much of its arsenal. The military bases won't matter much when funding for the army is in jeopardy, and I seriously doubt the US will want to reinstate the draft. You can't win a war against billions of people, and trying will amount to idiocy.

Actually, the US built its military just for this fact. Not to be able to compete with numbers but the ability to be able to have 1 soldier for every 30 or so enemy combatents. Same with our aricraft. The F-22 was built not for single dog fight episodes but the ability to take 1 F-22 against multiple enemy craft. I think their last test, 1 F-22 took out 30 SU-30 fighters.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Now this is 'entertaining news' to say the very least.

I think this is one of the more interesting threads I have come across in quite some time.

Plucky, your Zen is genius.

I was intrigued by the OP as most of you were, presumably. And, after reading the source article, on a lark, performed a Google search of the phrase, "BRIC" was coined by GOLDMAN SACHS". The resulting links, as presented by the first page of result hits, was telling....

www.google.com... 2%2580%2599s-block%2F&ei=wUM5StnbBaS4NJbKuIQN&usg=AFQjCNFD8Q_vfSI76fR4G9ryi3jom8Dd1Q" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">BRIC Countries are the New Kids on Latin America's Block - Council ... The term “BRIC” was coined by Goldman Sachs economist Jim O'Neill, who predicted that these four countries would overtake developed states like Britain, ...

NewsDaily: BRIC demands more clout, steers clear of dollar talk Jun 16, 2009 ... The BRIC term was coined by Goldman Sachs economist Jim O'Neill in 2001 to describe the growing power of emerging market economies, ...

BRIC demands more clout, steers clear of dollar talk - Yahoo ... The BRIC term was coined by Goldman Sachs economist Jim O'Neill in 2001 to describe the growing power of emerging market economies, but Tuesday's summit was ...

BRIC seeks global voice at first summit | Reuters Jun 14, 2009 ... The BRIC term was coined by Goldman Sachs economist Jim O'Neill in 2001 to describe the growing power of emerging market economies. ...

World Bulletin [ First BRIC summit meets in Russia ] The BRIC term was coined by Goldman Sachs economist Jim O'Neill in 2001 to describe the growing power of emerging market economies. Tuesday's summit in the ...

BRIC demands more clout The BRIC term was coined by Goldman Sachs economist Jim O'Neill in 2001 to describe the growing power of emerging market economies, but yesterday's summit ...

21st century belongs to Bric nations - Home - livemint.com Blankfein, 54, still swears by the Bric (Brazil, Russia, India and China, and the term was coined by Goldman Sachs economists) economies and ...

Building wealth with BRICs | Stuff.co.nz The idea of the four dominant BRIC nations was coined by Goldman Sachs analysts in 2003. What the countries share is land and population _ they account for ...

Business Report - Brics unite for bigger voice but little else Jun 17, 2009 ... "Bric" was coined by Goldman Sachs economist Jim O'Neill in 2001 to describe the growing power of emerging market economies, but yesterday's ...

The Next 11 emerging economies > Euromonitor archive Feb 4, 2008 ... Since the acronym BRIC was coined by Goldman Sachs in 2003, the economies of these countries have grown rapidly, with China experiencing the ...

There's much to be said about the 'immediate' impression provided by the first page of hits. There is also much to be said for refining one's understanding of this before assuming too narrow a perspective to see what it may, or may not, portend.

While conspiracy theorists, social engineers, and others are sensitive to the 'meme' that must eventually coalesce about the prospect of a 'different' set of ideologues behind the 'helm' of this ship of fools; many only see consequence in 'aspects' of the effect.

It can also be argued that the very play is one of pure political theater, and it is naive to expect otherwise.

Alternately, one might see that regardless of it's 'politics', it could prove a breaking point in the dogmatic hermetic nature of the ruling elite; it is the first sign of a crumbling foundation.

Personally, I am of the opinion that they are doomed to fail in any attempt at global domination. If humanity is to succeed at all, we must learn to govern ourselves. All externally imposed forms of government fail. Always. The institution was not ever intended to be immortal. Such vanity is reserved for the religious institutions exclusively.

Most of us could envision a cooperative coexistence based on a common understanding of mutual commitment to the general welfare of all peoples; thus implying a commitment of resources and good-will which will be considered a given under any circumstances.

Sadly, there are a few who must frame their efforts in context of exclusive dominion. BRIC, I suppose might be a legitimate effort to either:

a - refute the 'granted' nature of the ideological leadership behind the social engineering behind the wacky journey towards what they call 'Order'.

b - actually usurp the decision-making power to implement their own ponzi scheme

c - something we can't understand because we are purposefully ignorant of the agenda's behind the 'staged' events and declarations made publicly available.

This could be much more important than anything we are considering here. On the other hand, it could be yet another bunch of elite thugs trying to grab a piece of economic turf to play "Robber Baron" with. Who can tell anymore?

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Why couldn't China, Russia, Australia and Peru do something?

Far more entertaining...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join