It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil, Russia, India and China form bloc to challenge US dominance

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Brazil, Russia, India and China form bloc to challenge US dominance

www.timesonline.co.uk

With public hugs and backslaps among its leaders, a new political bloc was formed yesterday to challenge the global dominance of the United States.

The first summit of heads of state of the BRIC countries — Brazil, Russia, India and China — ended with a declaration calling for a “multipolar world order”, diplomatic code for a rejection of America’s position as the sole global superpower.

President Medvedev of Russia went further in a statement with his fellow leaders after the summit, saying that the BRIC countries wanted to “create the conditions for a fairer world order”.

Russia and China regard the organisation as a means to restrict US influence in their Central Asian “back yard”.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16/6/09 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
there is that phrase again .... 'Multipolar WORLD ORDER' , 'Fairer WORLD ORDER' ..

Everyone is so concerned what the 'New world order will be'

So i guess thats it then did i miss a memo ?

they want to challenge U.S , another form of attack? weaken them on all fronts.

Anyway whichever world order wins i want no part in it

Gotta tidy up all those loose currencies before we roll it all into one after all.

Russia and China cosy bed fellow as suspected.

i wonder what the world will look like in 50 years times ... and what language my decendants will be speaking ..
www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16/6/09 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I think that they have a pretty good shot of taking down the U.S., but I believe their reign will be short-lived.

I really can't see China and Russia agreeing on much in the long-term. Plus, India and China together have the majority of the world's population. They will never be able to support themselves without the U.S. and the rest of the E.U. (which I believe could turn on the U.S. but will not fully back China). Don't forget -- there's a lot of religeous issues that still dominate their differences.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hmmm...interesting. The US could also actually be seen as helping to create the very ability that has allowed three of the four countries to do this.

The outpouring of jobs and $ from the US into BIC (Brazil, India and China) has been one of the things that has enabled their economies to boom to the level they can attempt this.

Reaping what was sown in the name of short term profits. Likely a sour harvest.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Great. They may find this all great and fun, but I would like to remind Russia, Brazil, China, and India, that we do not take kindly to interlopers. Any country that wants to challenge the gift of freedom that America is spreading throughout the world will be nuked...it is that simple. We take honor and freedom very seriously, so intently in fact, that we are willing to destroy the entire world if we have to, just to prove how important human liberty is.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Hmmmmmm....

Brazil, Russia, India and China form bloc...

The article stated the countries in that order, to form the acronym "BRIC".

I think a more appropriate acronym to be "CRIB".

But, what is Brazil doing in that mess?? They would seem odd man out.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Good for them! This is actually a very good move for the US. We thrive better where there is competition. If this happens, then hopefully we will cut off China finally and stop importing their cheap slave labor products and revive jobs here.

If we work this right, this would be a great opportunity for us to learn from out mistakes, take our losses, and change course drastically. Who the hell wants to be the world's only super power anyway?

We could start pulling troops away, focusing more at home on problems there, and let Russia, China, and India take the criticism and bashing and hatred once reserved soley for us.

We need to find a completely new way of functioning, a new order of business, a new way of seeing things and operating, and hopefully, force the higher ups to move in different directions.

Personally, I think we should turn our focus on space, exploration and possible colinization. That's where the future lies.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

But, what is Brazil doing in that mess?? They would seem odd man out.

You know the ironic thing about this: The term "BRIC" was coined by GOLDMAN SACHS in some long-term strategy report they drafted a long time ago, maybe back in the '90s, I can't remember. The guys were thinking mostly of the long-term rise of Russia, China, and India, but they thought it was necessary to be "politically correct" and the boss of the project told them they had to include at least one country from the southern hemisphere. So they chose Brazil. 100% true story, google around and you'll probably find the quote by Larry Summers or somebody like that about it. The funny thing is that the entire concept springs originally from this cancerous Anglo-American uberbank but the countries in question enthusiastically embraced the concept.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Judging from the replies to this thread so far I have to say - This is not an idle threat. Nor is it a laughing matter. Read and understand before you comment further.

This "bloc" is not new. BRIC is one sub-component of the SCO.

This is one of my responses to another thread on this subject
The story behind the story here is very interesting and much more credible IMO. You can find it here.

This is not about BRIC as some have commented - it is about SCO (which is also a "must read" to understand what's going on here). This whole economic issue is all about military aggression. Nothing more. READ people READ and always look for the back story. It's usually more accurate.

This makes absolute sense:

In addition to avoiding financing the US buyout of their own industry and the US military encirclement of the globe, China, Russia and other countries no doubt would like to get the same kind of free ride that America has been getting.

When foreign military spending forced the US balance of payments into deficit and drove the United States off gold in 1971, central banks were left without the traditional asset used to settle payments imbalances. The alternative by default was to invest their subsequent payments inflows in US Treasury bonds, as if these still were “as good as gold.” Central banks now hold $4 trillion of these bonds in their international reserves – land these loans have financed most of the US Government’s domestic budget deficits for over three decades now! Given the fact that about half of US Government discretionary spending is for military operations – including more than 750 foreign military bases and increasingly expensive operations in the oil-producing and transporting countries – the international financial system is organized in a way that finances the Pentagon, along with US buyouts of foreign assets expected to yield much more than the Treasury bonds that foreign central banks hold.

The main political issue confronting the world’s central banks is therefore how to avoid adding yet more dollars to their reserves and thereby financing yet further US deficit spending – including military spending on their borders?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
More...

The main political issue confronting the world’s central banks is therefore how to avoid adding yet more dollars to their reserves and thereby financing yet further US deficit spending – including military spending on their borders?

For starters, the six SCO countries and BRIC countries intend to trade in their own currencies so as to get the benefit of mutual credit that the United States until now has monopolized for itself. Toward this end, China has struck bilateral deals with Argentina and Brazil to denominate their trade in renminbi rather than the dollar, sterling or euros,3 and two weeks ago China reached an agreement with Malaysia to denominate trade between the two countries in renminbi.[4] Former Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad explained to me in January that as a Muslim country, Malaysia wants to avoid doing anything that would facilitate US military action against Islamic countries, including Palestine. The nation has too many dollar assets as it is, his colleagues explained. Central bank governor Zhou Xiaochuan of the People's Bank of China wrote an official statement on its website that the goal is now to create a reserve currency “that is disconnected from individual nations.”5 This is the aim of the discussions in Yekaterinburg.

Even without capital controls, the nations meeting at Yekaterinburg are taking steps to avoid being the unwilling recipients of yet more dollars. Seeing that US global hegemony cannot continue without spending power that they themselves supply, governments are attempting to hasten what Chalmers Johnson has called “the sorrows of empire” in his book by that name – the bankruptcy of the US financial-military world order. If China, Russia and their non-aligned allies have their way, the United States will no longer live off the savings of others (in the form of its own recycled dollars) nor have the money for unlimited military expenditures and adventures.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The changes have already started.

China has struck bilateral deals with Argentina and Brazil to denominate their trade in renminbi rather than the dollar, sterling or euros,3 and two weeks ago China reached an agreement with Malaysia to denominate trade between the two countries in renminbi.[4] Former Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad explained to me in January that as a Muslim country, Malaysia wants to avoid doing anything that would facilitate US military action against Islamic countries, including Palestine.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
Hmmm...interesting. The US could also actually be seen as helping to create the very ability that has allowed three of the four countries to do this.

The outpouring of jobs and $ from the US into BIC (Brazil, India and China) has been one of the things that has enabled their economies to boom to the level they can attempt this.

Reaping what was sown in the name of short term profits. Likely a sour harvest.

Very true. The only problem that the Chinese have is that they don't have alternatives to invest their savings into. The SCO / BRIC are working very hard to create those alternatives.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Great. They may find this all great and fun, but I would like to remind Russia, Brazil, China, and India, that we do not take kindly to interlopers. Any country that wants to challenge the gift of freedom that America is spreading throughout the world will be nuked...it is that simple. We take honor and freedom very seriously, so intently in fact, that we are willing to destroy the entire world if we have to, just to prove how important human liberty is.

Sarcasm?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Just because a representative of a country uses the term world order it doesn't mean they are referring to a conspiracy theory NWO. The term world order just means who comes first in pecking order, that's all.

And of course these developing countries are going to get cozy, they have the same objectives to dominate the world in future. Some of them can be the allies of the West as well since they are democratic after all.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

The term 'NWO' or any world order was only spoken in quiet corners up until 18 months ago , now every Politician in every country bands the Phrase about as common practice.

When did we start having a world order? last time i looked we were mostly countries. and most of them in a sorry state ..

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Any country that wants to challenge the gift of freedom that America is spreading throughout the world will be nuked...it is that simple.

You show the true face of what is wrong with the world, ignorance. The US does not spread freedom, it spreads hatred and oppression to all ends of the world. The world was always meant to be diverse, not to be dominated by a single empire and its backwards government.

And speaking of a new world order, there will definately be one if the US is stupid enough to nuke ANY country. The rest of the world will band together to dismantle the American war machine and its lapdog Israel. It will involve great sacrifice to destroy the power of ignorance, but it will be necessary for the evolution of society.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
So this is how WWIII starts very interesting. To America, money is like our fix you take that away we are no different than a crack addict acting crazy having cold sweats. A drug addict having withdrawals with over 10,000 hydrogen bombs is something not to be taken lightly. They better think long and hard what they are planning because they are really going to be sorry if this goes through.

I'm not trying to sound like Team America here but they really think the US is going to bow out gracefully? Why do you think we have military forces along these countries borders for so long. It is because the US was waiting for such an act by the nations involved. Its like the snake in the grass scenario. You walk through the tall grass, and the snake just waits ,and before you know; it springs up and bites releasing its' deadly venom. Make no mistake about it I'm sure there are people in the government watching very closely the chain of events surrounding that meeting.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Very true. The only problem that the Chinese have is that they don't have alternatives to invest their savings into. The SCO / BRIC are working very hard to create those alternatives.

Yes- it would appear that way. Thank you very much for the link on SCO. I had heard about BRIC, but was not aware of SCO. But it would appear if BRIC is the tip above water at the moment, then SCO is the rest of the iceberg floating below the surface.

Mrs Frogs is calling and I haven't had a chance to read the entire SOC page yet. But it does seem they are intent on creating a new order in which SOC is a major or *the* key player.

One interesting bit will be how (and if ) they can handle some of the internal squabbles and conflicts that are bound to arise, (India / Pakistan for example).

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This "alliance" (if this bloc can be called that) is long overdue. Based on the realistic geopolitical threat posed by the arrogant US foreign policy in recent years, a bloc of this nature should have formed soon after the invasion of Iraq. But I guess the economics also play a role in this matter, which is why the formation of this bloc had to wait untill now.

However from a military and geopolitical standpoint today, this alliance is no longer needed or viable. Nor do I think it will last long if its main focus is military and defense. On the other hand if this is more about trade agreements and economics (like the SCO more or less) than BRIC has some potential. Why Brazil? Because CRI or IRC don't sound as fluid. I'd also add Kazakhstan so we can have a full pledged BRICK.

Originally posted by Jakes51
So this is how WWIII starts very interesting.

Not every scenerio involving superpowers and superpowers-to-be yields a World War. This is how the world moves on from dominance by a sole superpower (military and economic) to a multipolar dominance with possible return of "spheres of influence). No armageddon, just a normal global political cycle.

A drug addict having withdrawals with over 10,000 hydrogen bombs is something not to be taken lightly.

Nobody really claims that US will degenerate into an empoverished sub-first world country with barely any say in global politics. Not all superpower demises are as severe as what Soviet Union went through. Look at today's Great Britain - that is very well what US may become in a few decades. Not that this is bad thing - in fact for many people the restructuring may result in improved standard of living.

US will remain rich and influential - only it might not be assuming the role alone.

I'm not trying to sound like Team America here but they really think the US is going to bow out gracefully?

If you fight against the current, eventually you will run out of strength (money) and be swept back. What is happening with China and India assuming superpower status is a natural global cycle - you can't fight it forever. The people in power in the US today clearly understand the trend, and I think will not try to impede this progress (and it is progress). Go with the flow.

It is because the US was waiting for such an act by the nations involved.

And what is it going to do? Liberate these nations? Good luck. The future battle won't be military - it will be economic, and US already lost much of its arsenal. The military bases won't matter much when funding for the army is in jeopardy, and I seriously doubt the US will want to reinstate the draft. You can't win a war against billions of people, and trying will amount to idiocy.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

No sarcasm intended. We crush our opponents, we don't wait for war, we bring it...where have you been for the last century? If these countries wish to do this, it is their death warrant. We kill so that we may live.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join