It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of how people will deal with aliens!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
I really hope you're right. I would say that the "War of the Worlds" broadcast is proof of the contrary reaction, but then again, that was presented as an attack so that's not really a fair example. I guess it is all going to depend on how an ET presents itself. Like any of my guests, I like to have fair warning before they come knocking on my door (not that I shoot them if I wasn't expecting them.)

I can't say whether I'm right or not, or be sure how I myself would react but at least the vid will put a smile on most peoples face! It's a change from the norm about how a disclosure may be perceived!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hehehe well while we are tossing about that word 'diclosure'

Disclosure NSA Style
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I'd say that the "they dont disclose because disclosure leads to axemurders" theory is so popular because it sits better with believers than the "they dont disclose because there is nothing to disclose" theory

Good ol war of the worlds: Ever listened to it? (you can find it on youtube, well worth those 40seomething minutes) It is scary, it is spooky. It was broadcast in a time when the world stood at the brink of war.

The mass panic? I'd like to see one, just one, first hand account of somebody who panicked. Doesnt need to be audio, I'd actually be satisfied with written. But all stories are about "some guys somewhere did something", with the something not even being specified, much less the other 2 factors. (The most exact account i can recall is somebody shooting at a watertower somewhere)

That said: Grounding against an "electrical arc"? Alien electricity must work different then our earth electricity. By grounding you *reduce* the resistance the current must overcome to close the circuit, increasing any damage potential. (Electricity can't kill you, the sideeffects do)
Don't believe me? Find one of those fences they use to keep cows in. Touch the wire wearing rubber boots. Touch the wire wearing socks. Touch the wire standing on something metal. compare.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Ha ha ha ha, I remember when this was on tv it was hilarious. Jeremy Beadle was a legend. One of the funniest moment on british TV for the past 50 years.

RIP Jeremy Beadle you are missed

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by debunky

Good ol war of the worlds: Ever listened to it? (you can find it on youtube, well worth those 40seomething minutes) It is scary, it is spooky. It was broadcast in a time when the world stood at the brink of war.

The mass panic? I'd like to see one, just one, first hand account of somebody who panicked. Doesnt need to be audio, I'd actually be satisfied with written. But all stories are about "some guys somewhere did something", with the something not even being specified, much less the other 2 factors. (The most exact account i can recall is somebody shooting at a watertower somewhere)

Here's some info on people's reactions.

jeff560.tripod.com...

www.whatwasthen.com...

"At 9 o'clock a woman walked into the West Forty-seventh Street police station dragging two children, all carrying extra clothing. She said she was ready to leave the city. Police persuaded her to stay."

"Roads became jammed in some locations as people fled the mythical Martian visitors to earth. Unfortunate listeners hid terrified in basements, they covered doors and windows in an effort to keep out the poison gas the "announcer" had warned them about."

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrts

Ha ha ha ha, I remember when this was on tv it was hilarious. Jeremy Beadle was a legend. One of the funniest moment on british TV for the past 50 years.

He was funny and the show was hilarious but everybody seemed to hate him!

Another show like that would be funny. Proper set up's! Instead of You've Been Framed, or watch me try to fall over and get money!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
What if this is what she saw?

Would her reaction be the same?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tim1989

Yea she should be. I think she was just content that people around her weren't screaming and running away!

I don't think she was reacting to just the alien but also the atmosphere around her.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join