It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of how people will deal with aliens!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju

Just a word of caution, there are some aliens that it just isn't healthy to touch, a south american police officer who participated in the capture of an alien died because he inadvertantly touched it.
WTF???

The aliens i know can burn you with their touch. Then there are those whose mere presence can kill you with the radiance of their being.

Firstly how do you know aliens? Are you saying aliens that you know of, or your alien pals? Sorry but thats a big statement you made. I'd need photo's before belief but I accept you probably don't care about what I think!

My point is this, the alien is smarter then you because they are on your home planet. If you attack them they will defend themselves.

Yea I agree, aliens will have done their research and know about us plus I accept that they would have a right to defend themselves against unprovoked attack (just cos their there).

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
I don't think this can represent a real situation.
The lady acted the way she did because she felt secure having so many people around looking for her.

She was able to be friendly because the entire atmosphere was in peace (all the other people knowing that it was just a prank).

Yes, but I'm saying how if disclosure is done in a positive manner then people will trust the authorities. This is obviously an extreme case where an alien lands in a woman's back yard, not the leaking of information!!!

Oh, and also, she is not an average person, she is an old lady. Old people are wise and centered (normally).

Yea but old people are probably the people who would be most shocked by the revelation as I would expect them to be the most dis-concerned by the alien phenomenon as a lot of it is on the net etc where they don't use much.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Funny and great!

I think she reacted well also when it looks funny for an outstanding.
It doesn't matter so much what you say just how you react.

That's the right answer to this "YOU can't handle disclosure. yes,YOU!" BS thread.

Good find.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by g210b

Funny and great!

I think she reacted well also when it looks funny for an outstanding.
It doesn't matter so much what you say just how you react.

That's the right answer to this "YOU can't handle disclosure. yes,YOU!" BS thread.

Good find.

Cheers, I'm glad its made smile!

You have to admire the way she dealt with it!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
That's one woman, have you seen what happened with Orson Wells war of the worlds?

www.transparencynow.com... from 1938

It was broadcast again in 1944 and 1949, then in 1968 they broadcast it again and gave everyone 21 days warning that they were going to broadcast it never the less people panicked.

Now I know this is slightly different as the broadcast does give the impression that we are under attack, but it is human nature to demonize things we cannot fully explane or understand and people would get scared.

www.war-ofthe-worlds.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeebsy
That's one woman, have you seen what happened with Orson Wells war of the worlds?

www.transparencynow.com... from 1938

It was broadcast again in 1944 and 1949, then in 1968 they broadcast it again and gave everyone 21 days warning that they were going to broadcast it never the less people panicked.

Now I know this is slightly different as the broadcast does give the impression that we are under attack, but it is human nature to demonize things we cannot fully explane or understand and people would get scared.

www.war-ofthe-worlds.co.uk...

I know and it's good that people care if we were getting invaded etc but what about the original "The Day The Earth Stood Still" where the soldier shot the friendly alien when he went to hand him biological examples of species on their planet?

If all the TV stations and internet started broadcasting a fake alien invasion then obviously i'd be concerned but my point is that there's no point jumping to conclusions because when people panic they don't think straight etc. Although a modern day false alarm would be easily and quickly debunked through the same media that carried it.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
How can we think that disclosure and alien visitation will happen peacefully when some in our own civilization can't even accept a black president, people of different faiths or two man kissing each other.

I know some of us will see an alien visitation as the greatest thing to happen to our planet but a lot of us will see that as a menace. I hope that any visiting alien don't go to a place where every houses has guns and are more likely to shoot first and ask question latter.

I'd hate to see someone start an interplanetary war.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hey1212
But my point is that she wasn't just consumed with fear but was open minded about it's intentions.

I disagree... she was terrified for a moment and slipped into a 'comfort zone' by doing something normal like offering a cup of tea.

Had the thing jumped out at her or pointed a phaser cannon at her I bet it would have been different

As I said before... public reaction depends on exactly what is being disclosed

In this case she even said it looked plastic but still... so subconsciously it wasn't real enough

[edit on 17-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Why do you call that a BS thread? It provoked a lot of thought in people and created spin off threads like this one.

What was telling about that is the lack of flags. People were so afraid of addressing the topic honestly they didn't flag it, just reacted. A fantastic thought experiment

Is it BS because it touched a nerve?
I bet if YOU were to find yourself staring at the body part tanks in the Dulce labs knowing your next you would leave a mess in your drawers

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

My God, I'm sure this woman also believes that Rosswell had a baloon crash.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hey1212
I wanted to show people this funny, uplifting video in these "times of disclosure"!!!

Got one for you... this one has a twist... for those who have not seen it, its a must see

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Lol, I was thinking while watching this (and I don't know why it never occurred to me before), but aren't prank tv shows actually the perfect way to test the public's reaction to aliens without people thinking you're ACTUALLY testing their reaction?

Edit: LMAO at Zorg's video. That was the funniest thing I've seen all week.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by SkepticPerhaps]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Why do you call that a BS thread? It provoked a lot of thought in people and created spin off threads like this one.
Is it BS because it touched a nerve?
I bet if YOU were to find yourself staring at the body part tanks in the Dulce labs knowing your next you would leave a mess in your drawers

IT is BS because of 2 things.

First one is:
A general "You can not handle it" addressed to all people is right away wrong because it depends on the people and on the circumstances both the thread opener has no clue about. It's based on his asumptions and opinion. Also it is not possible to conclude from soneones owns reaction (thread openers) to a general reaction for everyone.
It migth be different if he said most people or anything and also this would
be wrong because again it is based on an personal opinion.

Second:
I heard this much too often from very different persons even from one that I meet in real life that calimed to have first hand contact with extratherestrials.(see the joke in here the one could obvious handle it yet clame others could not?) and it is dragged to use as argument to justify any possible keeping secret of extratherestrials. It's like a programming say it enough often to people and people start pick it up and believe it and the worst are the oneces that pass it on without havening any clue about what it really will be.

Will you freak out if I tell you extratherestrials exist?. Hardly. So why should anyone freak out when someone else tells that be it gouvernement or whoever.
Will you freak out if you meet an extratherestrial in real life? That depends on the circumstances. Depending on the species you might get a shock through mark and bone but then what that passes by.

I tell you what. You were born once into this world and then you meet all sort of wired 'alien' life forms namely humans and animals for the first time also. Coulf you handle that? Yeah you are still here aren't you?
So whats the deal when you discover more life forms. Suddently you can not handle that anymore?

What about the argument it changes our life completly .... our society. Firstly I doubt that it really changes so much and then anyone really wants to tell we can not handle changes? Life is a constant change. Without changes life isn't worth lieveing.

Changes are welcome. Saying you can not handle changes is like saying you can not handle Life. All Liveing prove you different.

I hope I could make my point clear. Don't let you tell from others what you can and what you can not. You can much more than you every think if you only do not limit yourself with believeing what anyone else tells you what you can and what not. That is THEIR limit not yours. Be clear about that.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by g210b

Nice speech but it still doesn't make the thread BS

First it was an opinion by the OP who has every right to express an opinion
Second it sure stirred the hornets nest

Sure the title was created to get a certain response, which it did very well.

I for one agree with him.. DEPENDING ON WHAT the truth is when its revealed. All things are relative to that

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

reply to post by g210b

Sure the title was created to get a certain response, which it did very well.

Unfortunatly yes whise choosen. If you want to have a thread that gets a lot response then state something most will disagree with.

It's a lose lose situation for the one that post their disagreement. If you post in the thread you bring the provoking Thread up to page one again. And second the one is able to use your urgent to post to cement his claim: "See you can not handle this it bothered you so much that you had to respond."

I surpressed my urgent to post there. But couldn't resist here.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by grandnic
How can we think that disclosure and alien visitation will happen peacefully when some in our own civilization can't even accept a black president, people of different faiths or two man kissing each other.

Thats a fair point but if the people who are concerned about aliens can every come to terms with it, they will eventually have to be told.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hi Zorginator 3000

I disagree... she was terrified for a moment and slipped into a 'comfort zone' by doing something normal like offering a cup of tea.

I accept your observation. I only posted this for a laugh.
Its getting really dissected now!

I never read the other thread about why we can't handle disclosure so don't be assuming this is a response although it does look that way!

Had the thing jumped out at her or pointed a phaser cannon at her I bet it would have been different

You didn't really go out on a limb with that statement!
She'd have buttered her knickers but I was just saying how she gave it a chance to prove its intentions.

In this case she even said it looked plastic but still... so subconsciously it wasn't real enough

Yea but I suspect that for those few moments she thought it was the real deal!

[edit on 17/6/09 by hey1212]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well maybe her knickers were wet... but she did have someones hands on her shoulders and she wasn't there alone... but the expression on her face says it all

So what did you think of my funny video?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Video was funny but I have to admit I didn't get the humour 1st time round cos I was waiting for the punchline but yea it's very clever!

This one's funny!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I really hope you're right. I would say that the "War of the Worlds" broadcast is proof of the contrary reaction, but then again, that was presented as an attack so that's not really a fair example. I guess it is all going to depend on how an ET presents itself. Like any of my guests, I like to have fair warning before they come knocking on my door (not that I shoot them if I wasn't expecting them.)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join