It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Poll Shows Tremendous Support for Public Health Care Option

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If you really really want a peek at what our future health care will look like, all you have to do is take a trip to a local VA hospital.

While your their, sit down with some of the vets, spot them a coffee, and ask them what they think about government healthcare.

Ask them if they are getting top notch care.

If our government can't take care of the ones who have sacrificed their all for our country, how do you expect them to provide a better service for the rest of us?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Thanks my friend, I have many people that doesn't' like my post at all but I am glad at least you do, that means a lot to me.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Exactly, I fall under Tricare as my husband is retired, we still pay for the cost of insurance, but the deductions are very low and so the prices of medicines, still I get to chose my doctor and get appointments on the same day, go to a clean and attractive facility and sit next to people that look just like me.

Now while I agree that people needs care specially those that can not afford insurance I have not problem with government sponsored insurance for them.

But I be darn if I have to change my comfortable ways because I will fall now under the government lowered expectations care while still paying for the insurance.

Has anybody been in their local public health care facility? I have and I am not going to sit around for ever to get a doctor because availability is lacking and is after all free, most facilities are dirty and unkept.

That is what my husband and I are afraid off that under this new bill Obama will take away the few good options retires have with government sponsored tricare in favor of cheap care while we still have to pay.

I told my husband he better start thinking about private insurance if that will become an option.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
You talk about money being taken out of your pocket for healthcare. Well it most certainly is being taken out of you pocket now and it is lining the pockets of Insurance executives in by the billions.

Now that is ok with those of you that support the current system where 1 out of 3 healthcare dollars go for "administrative expenses" like new mansions, luxury cars etc.

By definition insurance is supposed to be a group of payers that take care of one another by providing a larger pool of money than any one of the subscribers could provide on their own. So what is the difference especially when the Hospitals and Doctors and medical services remain private???

Funny how none of the countries that have single payer would ever want our system! We currently spend, by far, more money than any country in world x3 and yet we remain amongst the third world countries in health outcome for our dollars.

Have you all traveled to these countries with single payer? I have and don't find them the least bit frightening.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

You still don't get it, Obama bill idea is too big and far away from what other nations enjoy as universal health care.

Obama still wants people to pay for insurance while giving free insurance to those that don't work or are on government sponsored programs, but is a twist, he still will force those that still pay taxes to for it.

He is actually offering too much and still serving big insurance companies and the same time.

Just like his one million job promise this is just another big blunder, you can not offer something when you have the big health care providers redacting the bill.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marge,

I know Obama is NOT offering single payer and I believe he is bought and paid for like the rest of the politicians in DC. I do not support his current proposal. I support single payer.

The only hope for whatever his final proposal morphs in to is that the majority of the people will choose this option and put the private insurers out of business. The odds of that happening are slim to none.

Obama is not a progressive he is Bush lite or Slick Bush!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Exactly!!! just like big financial institutions they are just too big to fail and to tell you the truth I still don't know what the senate proposed bill will look like, Kennedy Ideas of the health care proposal doesn't sound like a good deal either.

Our government is too full of corruption to do anything good for the common American in this nation anymore.

What insurance companies wants is mandatory insurance with penalties if you do get it so their gravy train and milking cow of the American consumer will never end for them, steady income at best.

Just like mandatory car insurance and home insurances.

Another big scam to fill the pockets of those in charge.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity

Sorry to tell you that what you described is the current system. The only solution i ever see from this particular group of posters is
"Let them eat cake"

Fortunately only a small majority of the US people are so small minded.

No, actually you're pretty misinformed. No offense of course.

No one gets approval from DC right now, lol. In fact, so many doctors give out medication like it's CANDY.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Too big to fail means that they are too big!

We need some trust busting like Teddy Roosevelt!!!

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

If this bill even have the words mandatory in it you know that is nothing but a big scam.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Speeches like this is what gave him grass roots support on his road to the Whitehouse.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Well you know that promises coming from Politicians always get the attention of those that are seeking what they are offering, I was one of them I voted for Obama. Even with all the wisdom I have about politicians and their dirty tricks, I dared to hope.

What a joke. Fool me once, fool me twice but I am ready next time.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
More vid

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Sorry but I have my doubts about any polls. Too easily manipulated and the results are always selective. Once the required response is achieved the poll itself dissolves into oblivion yet the results are basis for further political strategy and touted as proof. Bull-oney.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Any person that has ever taken a course in Statistics knows that polls are mostly skewed towards the opinion of the poll creator. For example, taking a poll about whether Obama is gooding a good job. If the poll creators opinion is yes, the majority of "random" phone calls would be made to blue states, such as, California, New York, Massachusetts, etc.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Most people who have health insurance are paying way too much for it, and then additionally for co-pays, deductibles, etc..
Many people are without healthcare all together.

There is no doubt in my mind that most people will love this idea, because they have nothing now, or because they are paying too much now.

And they NEED healthcare.

Most people don't educate themselves about things like this.
A few years ago I would've been all for this. Now I think differently.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What concerns me with universal health care is that a lot of individuals, and I'm not saying all, but a lot don't choose to take responsibility for themselves and others. Sure there are a lot of people that don't have the money to purchase health insurance and the sort, but there are a lot of people who would rather have a new tv, rims, etc. over health care. Why do people have more children than what they can afford? Why do people feel the need to buy expensive items when they are uninsured? People need to start taking responsibility, and not keep depending on the government. It's a shame when responsibility is no longer taught, this not only includes the people of this country, but also the corporations and government.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IKnowNothing

I agree there are many wrong policies in DC.

My personal belief is welfare for 1 child set dollar amount, no more. If you choose to have another you are on your own.

Of course resources such as single payer would need to provide for both abortion, birth control and education being that many of these women cannot afford abortion.

I forgot to add that single payer is not free nor a dependency on the government. It is a pool of money provided by taxpayers. Therefore not free.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

This interesting my daughters health insurance is blue Shield and she have this insurance due to her job.

They also have a lower version that is like you are talking about, you put money from your check into a pot and they match it monthly and when you need to see a doctor the money comes from that account.

I don't know if is a good idea actually is suppose to be for healthy people that doesn't have need to see a doctor on a regular basis.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I will post this again...

16 thousand American Doctors support a single payer system.

Link

That is 16 thousand physicians supporting single payer!

We live in a community. We should help each other when we really need help!

Why is that so scary to some of you?

The majority of bankruptcies in the US are health care related!

A society should be judged by how it treats "the least" among us.

Take the profit out of insurance! They are parasites nothing more with their goal of "maximizing profits" at the expense of sick and dying human beings.

Disgusting!

Good information, Leo. To be precise - 62% of all bankruptcies are because of overwhelming medical bills. While President Obama is not asking for single payer everyone his proposals would enable anyone *including those with pre-existing conditions) be able to buy health insurance and get much, much lower prices on medications. He proposes many other reforms to bring the costs of health care down. Those who are happy with their current doctors and their current plans will not have to change anything. It should be noted too that the AMA who collectively have made statements against some of Obama/s reforms only represent about 1/3 of the physicians practicing in the USA and is pretty much an outdated and dying institution.

What you are leaving out is that 77.9% of those who went bankrupt ALREADY HAD HEALTH INSURANCE. So adding another option for health care isn't going to help those who already had it and still went bankrupt. This "solution" isn't tailored to fix the actual problem. Only 2.8% couldn't get coverage because of a pre-existing condition. I would say that does not qualify as a valid reason to roll out a trillion dollar healthcare platform.

Also what is kind of shady is that they include gambling as a medical condition and count those towards the bankruptcies as well.

Medical Bankruptcy in the United States, 2007: Results of a National Study (PDF)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join