It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge OKs collecting of dead son's sperm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Judge OKs collecting of dead son's sperm

www.statesman.com

The mother of a 21-year-old assault victim who died of his injuries received permission Tuesday for his sperm to be collected post-mortem, giving her the chance to have a grandchild through a surrogate mother.

Travis County Probate Judge Guy Herman ordered the medical examiner's office to maintain the body of Nikolas Colton Evans until his sperm can be taken.

Herman also said officials at the office must provide access so an expert can take the specimen.

Herman issued the orders after an emergency hearing at the request of Marissa Evans, whose son died Sunday after being punched and
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well the woman got her wish by the sounds of it. Her son will definitely live in if she manages to secure a surrogate mum for the sperm.

But its almost like trying to clone a little 'mini son'. Does anyone else see something wrong with the picture here or is it no different than a wife holding onto her dead husband's sperm just in case.

Definitely makes me reconsider some of the ethics behind post hummus babies.

www.statesman.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Almost
But almost isn't enough.

My guess is that she just wants a new kid of her family in the next generation, rather than clone her son.

Just so the bloodline doesnt die out.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with this, why not

A psycho doesn't get to ruin a family... hopefully he went to jail and stayed there.

big trans humanist am I, no problems with this sort of thing...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I wonder if she could legally use it to inseminate herself? That would be nuts. I bet everyone would go nuts if that happens.

10 bucks says she does and makes million doing the talk show circuit and getting her own reality show.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm sorry but if I were floating around in whatever the afterlife is and somebody said "Hey, did you know that your mother just went to court to get your seed..." I don't think I'd be comfortable at that moment at all.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
I wonder if she could legally use it to inseminate herself? That would be nuts. I bet everyone would go nuts if that happens.

10 bucks says she does and makes million doing the talk show circuit and getting her own reality show.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

That is a very good point and one that should be considered. I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen because there are a lot of nut-job people and one fine example was that whole Ocotomom scenario from a few months ago. Our values and traditions are failing and we are rotting from within, I say it as a generalization; but there are still some that have values, integrity, and ethics in their lives.

The mother most likely wants to maintain the bloodline if her son is an only child. However, I think when the child reaches maturity and finds out the nature of his/her's conception it could lead to psychological problems.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yup. Uber-awkward.

People should stop #ing with nature.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
My initial reaction to this is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Now I have just one more thing to add to both my will and my living will! I'm taking my sperm with me, thank you very much!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 04326

I see no problem with it as long as the mother doesn't inseminate herself!

top topics

join