It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Smearing of Truth Movement Reaching a Crescendo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Media Smearing of Truth Movement Reaching a Crescendo

www.corbettreport.com

Despite recent breakthroughs, media continues to paint 9/11 truthers, others as dangerous terrorists

An example of this phenomenon comes from the crime series Law & Order: SVU. A recent episode of the series featured a storyline in which a deranged "conspiracy theorist" in New York murders tourists taking his picture because he believes they are uploading the pictures to a government database.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Theirs something to be said about all the attacks that the 9/11 truth movement has been taking on as of late. It's starting to take a life of it's own kind of when the truth was being sought out about the JFK assasination. For me the examply I share is strolling down the street coming to a corner, others at the corner are all stairing off to the right of the street without my awareness, another comes along and makes a state that those people should really mind their own business. As I stated, I wasn't aware if it (sheeple) but due to his comment I have now awakened to an event that I might have missed if he hadn't said anything at all! Now I want to know the truth about what is happening down the street... I don't know, maybe it's crazy to want to be aware, to want to know the truth about things and not just except that the title of the book is all there is to a story? Hmm let me know your thoughts about the thread attached...

www.corbettreport.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
wow this is riddled with propaganda

very disturbing trend indeed.

has anyone in real life killed tourists taking photos thinking they were government agents putting them in a database?

i have never heard of that happening in real life.

SVU is fiction of course, but they do try to act like it is based on "reality"

so this episode is definitely a bad sign of things to come

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm totally paraphrasing here, but oddly enough at the time, one of the first things out of Bush's mouth after 9-11 was something to the effect that 'we must never tolerate conspiracy theories about sept. 11'.
Always found that really unnerving considering he said that while they were still pulling bodies and cleaning up rubble. I guess the conspiracy theorists really gave his dad and all his CIA buddies a hard time after JFK and they knew the questions were coming.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I am really glad you found this thread worthy, I appreciate your post and comments... Let's keep on eye on these times of propaganda and keep the truth moving forward...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Your points are very well taken... Great post

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
But in the same episode you have sane conspiracy theorist like Detective Munch. I don't think the show was trying to demonize conspiracy theorists, this is part of why we get picked on, because we see a conspiracy against conspiracies everywhere.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Hmm, Okay that is another way we should look at this... TY for always keeping us awake to all points of view. Your awesome once again.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb

Hmm, Okay that is another way we should look at this... TY for always keeping us awake to all points of view. Your awesome once again.

Thanks! I agree that the media does attack us, even Law and Order: SVU has misrepresented some groups, like those who do not choose to vaccinate their children. I just don't think we should be up in arms every time a show has crazy conspiracy theorist characters.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Oh, no doubt I agree... I don't think that the movement is that sensitive honestly, I think we are coming off that way via the MSM or at least that is what I am getting from the way we are being betrayed... Your so awesome... Truly!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
I'm totally paraphrasing here, but oddly enough at the time, one of the first things out of Bush's mouth after 9-11 was something to the effect that 'we must never tolerate conspiracy theories about sept. 11'.
Always found that really unnerving considering he said that while they were still pulling bodies and cleaning up rubble. I guess the conspiracy theorists really gave his dad and all his CIA buddies a hard time after JFK and they knew the questions were coming.

"Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories about 911, which are designed to take the blame away from the terrorists themselves"

I think thats as close as it gets without looking up the video. Notice the intentional use of outrageous.

Predetermining, that anything contradicting the official story is outrageous.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Great point "King". I think the evidence, video and actual events that day shows that a new investigation is warranted. Hmm

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I dont think they did it blatantly to bash conspiracy theorist but it was something juicy for the show and the way everyone is conditioned to see conspiracy theorist as crazy lunatics it reflects through tv, i dont think they do it on purpose but its the only way they are shown that conspiracy theorist act

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
wow this is riddled with propaganda

I haven't really been watching any tv in the last 10 years, or watching modern movies. But I did have the misfortune to watch the latest Batman movie the Dark Knight. Well if you wanna see propaganda just watch that, Batman gives a thumbs up and a cheesy grin for the patriot act in that movie, along with a whole host of other stuff.

I can barely even stand to listen to my "unbiased" BBC news anymore, the amount of lies in all forms of entertainment and reporting is so high it's unreal. And we're not even at war!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dreaken1993

I respect your opinion but I will say that it's been stated that 9/11 truthers are being targetted by the MSM by the MSM as propaganda and a distraction from the past administration and this one allowing them to push through all their past and new hate crime bills "Crap" and other bills while we (you and I) debate these issues lol... All Distractions!

Great post and discusion

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

Great point, I did notice that in the new Batman and even my 12 yr notices things in things he watches that promote this garbage...
Thanks for sharing.

new topics

top topics

join