It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desert Dwelling Sadhu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Greetings from 800 meters high in the windy western foothills of the Mojave Desert in the vicinity of Edwards AFB and Gem Hill in Rosamond. I am a spiritually attuned person who has worked in a scientific field for 30 years. I do not have a Ph.D. and am not a scientist by training, but I do have a grounding in the hard sciences earned over three decades of work with high-level electronic devices including missiles, radars, and lasers. A grounding in the hard sciences, particularly physics, certainly helps when one researches or enters into the paranormal. Science allows a person to eliminate so many errors at the outset.

My main work right now is in on a cosmology that offers an alternative to the Divine Creation and the Big-Bang-Into-Evolution models. I call this alternative TechnoMysticism. This is where I think it is all heading: An existential fusion of Mysticism (and that word is a placeholder for whatever one deems to be ultimate) and Technology. I work on an approach of Zen/Jung/Physics/Popular Culture. One of my other fascinations is with rockets and space flight. I am working with a private company in Mojave that is building the lowest cost launch vehicle in the world and preparing to sell small, user-configurable satellites.

*SNIP* By way of explanation, some skeptics are now labeling people who have done spiritual research across many disciplines "Cult Hoppers." The skeptics are also labeling any inquiry into, or work with, alternative realities as "Moon Battery." IMO, these skeptics are the same dreary people who want to lock up the human imagination because it scares them. Nevertheless, I find their labels to be so whimsical that I gladly plead guilty to the charges of Cult Hopping and Moon Battery. That would be me. I am the guy who is always willing to consider alternative realities just on the chance that some unexpected doors will open. Out here in the desert there is so much freedom to explore.

By way of background, I have been active for the past four years as an online critic of Scientology. One of my goals as a critic was talk to people, read books, and tunnel down below Scientology in order to reverse engineer Scientology. I wanted to schematize Hubbard's dangerous mind-altering technology. Scientology is High Strangeness.

As a lifelong esotericist and spiritual researcher, I had the requisite training in diverse spiritual disciplines to reverse engineer Scientology. I wanted to do this work for many reasons. Early on, I quickly became an activist against Scientology. I had a few of the usual problems with the Cult and its operatives. I can answer almost any question about Scientology.

I have read ATS for years and the culture here is far more open to considering all of the possibilities than any other major website I have read.

/////

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Sadhu]

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Welcome Sadhu, great to have you here.
sounds like you have some very interesting stories. I look forward to reading your posts

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Sounds like you have TONS of experience. Glad you are here you Desert Dweller. I also am not a huge fan of Scientology. Good luck in your future endeavors!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hi there and welcome to ATS, explore and have fun...

Hope to see you around..Regards..SD.

top topics

join