It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

op ed Why the flu shots should not be mandatory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I know the site likes links to sites like utube and Reuters, but I would like to give a personal opinion here and offer a possible solution to a difficult situation.

The new flu shots should not be mandatory, even for school children. Why?

1. the flu has of yet not shown a high mortality rate

2. new vaccines may not be tested long enough to show safety

3. Children already take enough vaccines, more could overload their systems

4. this will threaten US equity markets and consumer confidence, may cause widespread panic

But, I think the vaccine manufacturers have the political clout to get the vaccines made and paid for. It doesn't seem there is any getting around this.
-so- make the vaccines available to anyone who wants them, but give them a choice.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by total newbie

In one of my earlier threads, I posted a YouTube video of a Today morning show interview that indicated 3 immunizations will be required of all schoolchildren.

Ugh.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Here's a true account on my part. I was in the health dept. about a year and a half ago to get a birth certificate and I heard a nurse type woman tell a hispanic woman to bring in young Effluvio, as he needed 7 shots. Seven shots!! Now add three more to that.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If you do not want to take a mandatory flu shot, just say you have an allergy to eggs. Say you had a horrible allergic reaction to the shot last year like a rash or a life threatening condition called angioedema (swollen lips and airway, shortness of breath). This should leave no question that you are truly allergic to the flu shot. The MD does not want a lawsuit, so you will not have to take the shot.

I do not plan to take the swine flu shot! The risk will certainly outweigh the benefit for a vaccine that has been developed too quickly to have adequate clinical trials.

However, this is only my personal view. If you think the swine flu shot is a good thing for you, then by all means have the shot. It is a personal decision and the government has no right to force this on anyone.

new topics

top topics

join