It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to elect historians, not politicians; we're just another empire about to collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ok, so I've been doing some heavy duty thinking here lately, as well I'm sure most of you have.
What amazes me about our country is that none of our politicians them seem to know their history. American history or world history. Except for maybe Ron Paul. But he's the only one.

Why don't we require our politicians to be history majors?? Most are just power hungry politicians who want their piece of fame and glory. They don't give a rat's behind about what happens to our country...they just want in on the booty and the riches.

Why, as Americans, do we allow this to happen? Why do we vote for them? Why, why, why, why, WHY?? Why don't we vote for people who actually understand the world, instead of those people who want to control the world???

Our entire economy (and possibly our country) is collapsing all around us, and our political leaders are all acting as if this is so unexpected!! Were NONE of our politicians ever required to take a world history, or world civilization course? Or have they ever studied up on past empires? Because if they had, I think they would see that our problems in America are NOT unique to a country such as ours. They are not new. They are not even unexpected!! Not if you know your history.

Because this...what is happening to our country right now...this is what happens when giant empires become too big, and too corrupt to take care of themselves: they collapse.

I seriously, seriously, seriously think we are in the process of collapsing. I mean, I've thought this for years, but now, I really, really see it! And what are they doing about it? Nothing! Keep the status quo! They're still trying to do the whole democrat/republican, stump speeches, political rhetoric. All of them. But none of them are stating the obvious: We are headed towards collapse.

Ok, I am not a history major, but from what I did learn in history, I remember that large empires (and I think we could easily be called an empire, since we have over 100 military bases in foreign countries) fail when greed overtakes them. They keep pushing for more and more, when they can't even handle what they've already got. Then, it all comes collapsing down.

We need to get a council of historians or something up there to explain to our dumb politicians what is right infront of their eyes....our country is collapsing, and why. And then they need to explain it to the people. Because if you don't understand the past, or if you don't learn from the past, or if you don't know what happened in the past, you are doomed to repeat the past.

Why are we so stupid that we can't see what's happening to us??? Maybe it's not stupidity, but denial?? I have no idea.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
As long as the media is dominated completely by a few mega corporations with vested interest in globalization, we're never going to see a fair election.

Until then, we'll continue to have elections based on gay marriage, body language, party affiliation, religious affiliation, etc. Not real elections, based on real issues.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Yeah, I agree with you.

I'm starting to realize that our elections aren't run....they're rigged.

It is soooo easy to manipulate people these days. People major in that in college nowadays...how to manipulate people's feelings and sway their vote. No wonder we all turn into stupid idiots at election time! (Myself included.)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
A few more CPAs and a few less lawyers wouldn't hurt, either.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Great post.

Those who don't learn from history are bound to repeat it.

I studied history in college and I am a huge history buff. The USA is nearing the end of its reign as world leader. Learn your Mandarin (but only for about a decade before they collapse as well). Then what? Dark ages II? Hopefully not.

top topics

join