It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would have happened if the Holocaust victims were not pacifists?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
pacifist???

the first thing the Nazi's did was disarm the public.

the next thing was to turn groups against each other.

you had resistance groups in every country and many member were Jews, Poles, Gypsies.

www.absoluteastronomy.com...

Warsaw ghetto uprising.
en.wikipedia.org...

The french Resistance came from all layers and groups of French society, from conservative Roman Catholics (including priests), Jews, to liberals, anarchists and communists.
en.wikipedia.org...

Jewish Resistance in Wartime Greece.
muse.jhu.edu.../journals/holocaust_and_genocide_studies/v022/22.3.hondros.html

Jewish Resistance in Holland:
findarticles.com...

Jewish Resistance Against Nazism During the Second World War in Slovakia.
www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org...

Many countries after WW2 removed any reference to the Jewish resistance groups from there histories of WW2 especially the countries that fell under soviet control.

Many of these Jewish resistance fighter that survived WW2 became the Israeli army
Many of them hid there weapons after WW2 and when they immigrated to palastine smuggled the weapons with them

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
They weren't all pacifists and there were documented uprisings to the Nazis. . The most notable uprising was the Warsaw Uprising and the resisters used mainly small arms to attack the Germans. In both cases, the resisters were brutally crushed as the result but they stood up to the oppressors.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Jakes51]

Do not forget that the Soviets gave the initial OK for the Warsaw Uprising (start it, we are coming). They then stopped to allow the Nazis to remove a significant portion of the population that would pose a threat to the Soviet takeover in the post-war period.

The Nazis did indeed work in waves. They chose marginalized groups, and deportations were often with the assistance of the locals in occupied areas. The 'Butcher of Lyon' was not the only non-German who helped.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
You have to think of it in terms of the group dynamic. Just look at some of the psycology experiments that have been done on conformity and you will start to see the idea. plus as another poster has pointed out, they had been stripped of their rights long before this and were starving in ghettos prior to being sent to the camps.

if you were in a similar situation. Are you going to start a revolt with a baby in your arms? or are you going to conform and hope you can keep your family alive? Its very easy to sit here and say what we would do or not do but when the time comes and all you have left in the world is your life and your children you try to preserve that at all cost.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I don't get it. Never did. When they come for me or my family or my neighbors, blood will run in the streets. But I am Irish.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Grumble]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join