It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Spielberg pursuing Alien Invasion TV show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

File this under "T" for "Things that are going to have to really suck to fail."

Steven Spielberg is pursuing Noah Wyle to headline his untitled alien-invasion pilot for TNT, sources confirm to me exclusively.

The potential series -- which was announced last month at TNT's upfront presentation -- takes place six months after evil extra terrestrials decimate mankind. Wyle would play the leader of a ragtag group of citizens who try to bring down the aggressors.

Translation: It's Spielberg's take on V!

The gig would mark a small-screen reunion for ex-TV doc Wyle and Spielberg; the Oscar-winning director was one of ER's founding producers. It would also keep Wyle in business with TNT, the network behind his super-fun* Librarian movies.

A TNT spokesperson declined to comment.

Is Wyle the right guy for the role? If not, who's on top of your short list of actors to lead the resistance?

Source located here.

So, just an entertainer? Has Mr. Spielberg come 180 degrees from cuddly E.T. to Earth ravaging bad aliens?

You decide. I'll tune in.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I might actually watch, that its spielberg doing it. They are remaking v the series too aren't they?

I forgot no need for more than one line, lol.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
V was one of my favorite shows growing up. (says how young I am lol) I'll definitely see what Spielberg has up his sleeve with this one.

Are they really remaking V? (not re: the Spielberg show)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
V was one of my favorite shows growing up. (says how young I am lol) I'll definitely see what Spielberg has up his sleeve with this one.

Are they really remaking V? (not re: the Spielberg show)

Indeed they are.

Here is the discussion about it: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
V was fantastic in it`s day, loved it (yes, showing my age too)
I hope the remake is done well

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I say Shia Lebouf (horrible spelling, i know) will be the lead character, seeing as he's the/a lead character in almost every movie Spieldberg has had his hands in lately. For example: Eagle Eye, Indiana Jones, Transformers 1 & 2.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Mookie89]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Heres a taster of the new "v"

As for the new speilberg one, it should be good with a name like that attached to it.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Oh man.. That remake I hope will be good. I *WANT* it to be awesome. The TV mini-series rocked, but the TV series was cheaper in production.. still loved it at that age.

I hope Marc Singer plays a cameo role!!

They better keep the same Visitor 'symbol' they used.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Just as long as they dont film in peru ( sobs )

I think looking at his previous work, we can get the picture. But the V remake is going to be a great laugh.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whiskeypoet

Could this be a primer for Project Bluebeam?

If the Pleadians do arrive will we think they are evil? Will we really take sides with the Greys or Reptoids? I realize this is fiction but it might be so much more.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Setting aside the fact that the networks watched as Sky-1 and Sci-Fi (NBC)reaped the benefits of BSG and the band wagon mentality of cloning any money making formula to death...

I'm curious what Spielberg’s Aliens will look like. Classic Gray? Humanoid? Reptillian? Or something else? My bet is Insectoid.

If it is a overture for Project Blue Beam it would seem alot of MSM media is being put forth. Perhaps all the disclosure buzz is the prologue

Only time (I mean ratings) will tell…

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiskeypoet

Is Wyle the right guy for the role?

No.

If not, who's on top of your short list of actors to lead the resistance?

Gary Coleman.
"Wutchooo talkin bout Xenu!?"

-

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I just cant wait to watch this!!Some of the characters as the priest (dont know his name ) are from Taken!!

holy #!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Noah Wyle is a Keanu Reeves looka like.
So maybe it's to cash in on the success of the Day the Earth Stood Still?

I liked the Librarian trilogy but hope that he does this seriously and isn't tongue in cheek humour like the Librarian and other movies like The Mummy.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiskeypoet

So, just an entertainer? Has Mr. Spielberg come 180 degrees from cuddly E.T. to Earth ravaging bad aliens?You decide. I'll tune in.

Yea I`ve been pondering this since Taken ,and the abomination
that was War Of The Worlds.
He seems to have gone all cynical on us over the past few years,
and his movies have suffered as a result.Has he been got at,who
knows,but the quote where he was showing ET to the Regan admin,
about being told that only "six people in the audience knew how true
all this is" has bugged me for years as I`m pretty sure that what he
releases has to be okay`d from higher up.
Personally I think his movies are garbage now,his films used to be
fun and awe inspiring with hope for the future,all I see now is a bitter
old man who has given up and forgotten how to entertain ,and he seems
to know it too!
Just what we need eh another evil alien movie....yaaaaawwwn!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by whiskeypoet

Hmm very interesting. I grudgingly welcome this kind of thing. I say grudgingly because this borders on conditioning, and I do not believe the public needs to be conditioned for disclosure.

Also a show about alien invasion I don't find particularly helpful. We need to get away from the whole "aliens want to eat us" kind of thing, because we dont know anything about them, we should not assume they want to invade us and eat our brains.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Looking forward to both shows arriving. No doubt Spielberg's will be in direct competition for the V remake. Let Battle Commence!

I have to say that despite the previous posters dislike for "War of the Worlds", I actually enjoyed it. You have to turn off the logic part of your brain when watching some films and just enjoy it for what it is. Probably why I have a huge collection of the old SciFi movies, including the 1950s version of the "War of the Worlds"

I pray for the day that they do a version of the movie that is (more) faithful to Well's vision and is at least set in England.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
While I do love my sci-fi, it is a great form of entertainment for me, I twitch at the notion that some actually take this as anything more than producing a profitable product with no ulterior motive.

Every time there is anything about aliens, etc, on TV you will always have people viewing it through the eyeglasses of their "alien faith" or "beliefs"...and when they do that they loose touch with reality and starting making connections that are ignorant at best. Remember the hype over the energizer bunny commercial, lol. Good point right there.

Alien movies have always been the top grossing films in theaters, and have done pretty well on television as well. It is about the money. It is an entertainment industry, get it? No disclosure ties, no ulterior motives, lol, just plain old capitalism doing its thing. And I love it.

Spielberg has leaned on the bad alien theme several times (anybody read his 10 page treatment on E.T. 2 penned back in 82/83?). Here is a direct link to the scanned .pdf file Right Click Save As I don't think there is any other motive than making profit and entertainment.

I would say, set your faith or belief system (not to mention your conspiracy glasses) aside and tune in for this kind of stuff to be entertained. Even if it turns out to be crap, DVR it or something. The more interest in this type of programming the ratings indicates, the more we will get. And as a sci-fi fan I welcome more opportunity for prime time entertainment. But it does have it's downside. Due to the inability of many to separate entertainment from reality, you get a bunch of ignorant folk that weave this stuff into their Ufology belief system and spread ludicrous information. Sure, X-Files was a really fun show, but look at what it did to Ufology, lol. Not the x-files' fault.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
Looking forward to both shows arriving. No doubt Spielberg's will be in direct competition for the V remake. Let Battle Commence!

I have to say that despite the previous posters dislike for "War of the Worlds", I actually enjoyed it. You have to turn off the logic part of your brain when watching some films and just enjoy it for what it is. Probably why I have a huge collection of the old SciFi movies, including the 1950s version of the "War of the Worlds"

I pray for the day that they do a version of the movie that is (more) faithful to Well's vision and is at least set in England.

I tended to turn off the logic part of my brain when watching most of Spielberg`s movies and enjoyed them,WOTW was just rubbish imo of course!
Saying that though there is a version that`s a little more faithful to the book
though the acting and SFX are horrendous.
www.imdb.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Due to the inability of many to separate entertainment from reality, you get a bunch of ignorant folk that weave this stuff into their Ufology belief system and spread ludicrous information.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

Pretty sure you are right arent you. You dont think its likely that TPTB would use movies that reach millions of people for their own gain?]

You dont think they would have certain contacts that would be go to guys in the one of the most sewn up indistries in the world?

You think the powers that be wouldant use movies as propaganda or anything else?

Never mind, just keep taking in subconscious messages while you are being "entertained"!

new topics

top topics

join