It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear N Korea is 'grave threat' - Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Nuclear N Korea is 'grave threat'

President Obama: "We have continually insisted that North Korea denuclearize'
US President Barack Obama has warned that a nuclear-armed North Korea poses a "grave threat" to the world.

At a news conference with South Korean President Lee Myung-bak, Mr Obama said the US would "vigorously" pursue an end to the country's nuclear programme

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

To who?

If everyone left them alone, they wouldn't be threatening anyone.. NK aren't on a rampage to try and take over the world.. That would be us.. "The West".

The country will eventually sort itself out, it cant stay the way it is forever.. history has shown that.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

President Obama: "We have continually insisted that North Korea denuclearize'
US President Barack Obama has warned that a nuclear-armed North Korea poses a "grave threat" to the world.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Maybe the people of the US need to read a little history! We are the only country in the world that has used nuclear bomb on another country and it “wasn't” aimed at a military base. A city no less, not once but twice and the Japanese people were put into camps and they were our citizens!

I can see why we are ignored anymore in the world, our creditability in the world just plain suck after the last leader in this country!

Tru

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by truskeptic

Oh America is the worst right?

Nuked a city! The horror!

Come on we killed more by fire bombing Japan.

Better yet what about the millions of Jews and Russians the Germans killed??

What if the nuke had been invented 10 yrs earlier? Moscow, London, and DC would still be glowing. Courtesy of Hitler.

Come on.....

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Regardless of what the US image is abroad in this world, Obama has a point.

We all dont' want to see a Nuclear Armed NK, and I'm not just saying that cause I think it would be a detriment to the US, I think it would be a detriment to the world.

Kim has got a short fuse, and he's prepping for something. He's on his last leg, got no successor to take his place and is itching for conflict.

He's stepped up his rhetoric signifcantly since we've actually started to pay attention. He's like a 3 year old, and 3 year old's need time out every now and then.

I dunno, but it would NOT be cool to see SK go up with a large mushroom cloud.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Exactly.

Guess what, since we wrote Japan's constitution and limit the size of their military they are pretty much our 51st state. Either we defend them or allow them to expand their military to combat NK.

I think if Japan had free reign NK would not be a problem right now.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Regardless of what the US image is abroad in this world, Obama has a point.

We all dont' want to see a Nuclear Armed NK, and I'm not just saying that cause I think it would be a detriment to the US, I think it would be a detriment to the world.

Kim has got a short fuse, and he's prepping for something. He's on his last leg, got no successor to take his place and is itching for conflict.

He's stepped up his rhetoric signifcantly since we've actually started to pay attention. He's like a 3 year old, and 3 year old's need time out every now and then.

I dunno, but it would NOT be cool to see SK go up with a large mushroom cloud.

~Keeper

He does have a successor and he is in China right now meeting with the Governement there. It is Kim's youngest son and he has already named him as his heir.
Why he is in China after they went along with all of the "newer" tougher sanction's against the country is beyond me. Perhap's he is just trying to heal the divide that the nuclear test of late has created. Kim obviously isn't going to be leaving the country anytime soon.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Huh?

I read a story that said that his son didn't want the job, but perhaps that was his oldest.

And it is strange that they would be in China after they just approved a bunch of sanctions. Then again NK is to China as Israel is the the US.

So I could perhaps see them cooking something up together. NK will put in an even worse spot than it already is if it can't get revenue from arms deals, and it can't get international loans anymore if they place them back on the Terror Sponsor list.

We'll just have to wait and see.

I wonder if we will know when Kim steps down and the other comes up?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I cant believe there are actually people defending N.k's policy of belligerance and intimidation and blaming the world for this behavior.Reality check!

new topics

top topics

join