It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you get the title "Indigo"?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I woke up this morning and decided to take the plunge..

YES today I dove into the Indigo waters..

as I will now have a super special title to excuse me for my wayy out of the box thinking,and obliderating the PC line..

Oh,he's an indigo,let him be..

I totaly see the world the same as it was..
I want a refund..

Or I'll just start a webpage selling my Indigo learnings..

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It's quite a common title in new age circles, usually amongst the middle class types who egotistically call themselves indigo to seperate themselves from the riff-raff.

Usually associated with hypocrites or those claim some kind of spiritual higher ground over everyone else.

Indigo's can be found preaching about chakra's, meridian points and pineal activity like they know what they are talking about, when in actual fact they are diluting eastern beliefs into their own self centred lives as a result of thousands of near-identical books created by authors who back up their claims with little or no evidence, choosing instead to bullsh*t the masses with pseudo-science and pseudo-spirituality.

Indigo's will usually claim that they have been told their 'aura' is indigo coloured by a guru or spiritual being and will claim they have special psychic abilities or unusual attributes usually associated with highly evolved beings.

In other words: It's a way of making people feel better about their lives by pretending they are somehow more special than joe blogs just because they've read a few books about chakra alignment and astrological healing.

Oh and don't get me started about the crystal children....

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Mr Lizard, that was the best description of what Indigos are that I have ever read. You couldn't have put it any better. WTG

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Supposedly Indigo refers to the colors around someones aura hence the name Indigo.

But who knows what they mean nowadays, it could have some type of different meaning.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by menguard]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Why thankyou...

I am here to serve

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

You're welcome. I see Indigoness as the exact same thing. It's nothing more than a compensatory tool used to fullfill an otherwise boring or less than satisfactory life. The scary thing is that with the internet, ideas like these catch fire and people actually believe it.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well a few years ago I had to deal with a number of people from a specific town in the Uk that is crawling with new age types.

I respect everybody's individual beliefs and try not to take anything to heart... Yet it was a small collection of these types of people who very nearly drove me to an early grave.

Without going into too much detal it was a Kabbalist 'priestess' and a collection of new agers who interfered with my life, preaching and acting holier than thou in an attempt to 'educate' me in the ways of the spirit, little realising i had done my own research and was far less gullible than my girlfriend at the time.

For a group of 'spiritual' people to try that with me and ruin many aspects of my life for a moderate amount of time, taught me to realise that there is nothing special about these people and no amount of ceremony, dressed up language or obscure diluted religion can prove that one person is spiritually sound.

In fact, my opinion is of the belief that the meek and the humble are the ones who are deserving of some focal point of enlightenment and not those who wave magic wands, dress up in silly robes or claim to hold spiritual superiority over the unclued masses by preaching, interfering and lying about things...

It taught me a valuable lesson about trust, and even now some of those people still believe that i'm the undecuated one, just because i don't swallow every little tidbit of crap that floats my way..

Sorry for ranting... Think i needed to blow off a little steam.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ
I have read many threads about so called "Indigos" and have heard both sides of this phenomenon but still one question remains. A question I have asked and never recieved an answer to. A question that I want answered by an "Indigo".

This thread can go either way as far as I'm concerned. We can have a constructive exchange and all learn something from this or....If the "Indigos" attempt to circumvent the question or use deflection techniqes it will get nasty in a hurry.

I'm asking a very simple non-threatning question.

Where did you get the title "Indigo"?

Autowrench: The term originally came from the color of the aura of the child, which is Indigo in color. Most people do not see auras, this is why all the hype about Indigos.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I am well aware of where the term came from. I understand why it is used. What I want to know is WHO DECIDES?????
FROM WHOM DO YOU GET THE TITLE??????

Doctor: gets a phd from a medical college and from then on he is called Doctor.

Lawyer: Graduates law school and gets a job at a law firm. He is now a LAWYER.

Mechanic: Graduates from a technical school with a dgree in automotive mechanics and gets a job at a local garage as a mechanic. He is now a MECHANIC.

WHO GIVES OUT THE TITLE INDIGO???????????

I can not believe that it has taken this long to recieve an answer. Furthermore I can't believe this very simple question has been so misunderstood by so many.

To all Indigos....hell even just one at this point.....

Where did you get your title?????

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesus H Christ

You don't mate... See my posts above.

It's merely pseudo-spirituality...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
You are born in a certain year and you have 3 strand DNA activated.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stairway27

do you know the exactly year?

(*i know...one liner
sorry)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join