It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you get the title "Indigo"?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I have read many threads about so called "Indigos" and have heard both sides of this phenomenon but still one question remains. A question I have asked and never recieved an answer to. A question that I want answered by an "Indigo".

This thread can go either way as far as I'm concerned. We can have a constructive exchange and all learn something from this or....If the "Indigos" attempt to circumvent the question or use deflection techniqes it will get nasty in a hurry.

I'm asking a very simple non-threatning question.

Where did you get the title "Indigo"?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The internet.

Plus it's a cool, rare color.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesus H Christ

That's easy. Just go to my website and register for $10. I will officially address you as "Your Indigoness, higher evolved being".

People just give the title to themselves to make them feel special and important.

Sorry, had to take the second route.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by pavil]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Thank you for your input. I have assumed the same and will continue to do so until an "indigo" can set me straight.
I really don't think it is an unreasonable request folks. It is a straight forward question. I want an answer. There are alot more rediculous questions being asked on this forum like "will the world end"?
I think this is a question which has merit and I ask it out of curiosity.

"Indigos" cannot claim that they are being treated disrespectfully yet and I encourage all who post to remain respectful so that they can not deflect the issue at hand.
Failure to answer this question will tell me all I need to know.

Will I get an answer?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
no, you most definitely will not. i find these threats start getting weird any hypothetical until anyone with common sense doesn't bother to come back. but you know... maybe someone can retrace their impressive inter-galactic soul searching journey as an indigo!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevin_X1

There is no need for this thread to get wierd. This is a golden opportunity for the Indigos to state their case and teach us about their culture. Starting with how thet got their name/label/identity.

For example if I were inclined to identify with labels I would call myself a sales person. I come across that label because I work in sales.

I am an American because I was born in America which got its name from a man named Amerigo Vespucci.

If I were a Christian I would have gotten my label from the chuch which I attended which in turn recieved it from a man which they follow the teachings of...Jesus Christ.

If I were a Dr. You would address me as such because I went to college and earned a degree and it is now part of my name.
If I were "The President" You would know that I recieved my title becuse I was elected to that position.
How do you/did you become an Indigo? Where do you get the title from?
Is it something you earned? Did you get an Indigo degree?
Were you elected? I need answers!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
i wouldnt know but if you google indigo test, a website or 2 will pop up. have fun. though doesnt look like your looking for fun..

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The term "Indigo" refers to the Kundalini Chakra system, where the Third Eye chakra is connected to the color "Indigo"

The term implies higher than normal awareness and perception of "Events Between the lines"

IMG:
www.haytrun.com...

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Just google, or now, maybe, bing, indigo. No doubt you will find a questionnaire to answer and you will find that, voila!, you are an indigo, too! We all can answer yes to a lot of the questions.

Now, if you want to know about the blue people of eastern Kentucky, I can tell you about them. They are, indeed, real and don't have to answer a survey to find out that they are blue. They only have to look in the mirror.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is all well and good but I want to know who determines weather or not one is "Indigo". Is it the person who suspects that he/she may be Indigo?
Is it some sort of governing body? I would appreciate these answers from someone who is "Indigo".

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

im sure if you were indigo you would think, "I could be indigo." and if perhaps you came across a real indigo and they didnt think you were, im sure they would tell you. with that said, if you think you are an indigo, congratulations, you are an indigo, until of course a real one who can prove you arent one comes around. if you want a real indigo to say, "im an indigo and heres how you will know." you are wasting time im almost sure because no one wants to admit to be scrutinized, which is what it seems you may want to do. my apologies if my asesment doesnt help you.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think he's wondering why the word "indigo" is used instead of some other word, where it came from, and why it's caught on and become 'official.' Not about the requirements or mindset for being in the club.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by alaskan]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think he is actually wanting to know.....those who say they are Indgo, who gave them that "label". For example, people who claim to have high IQs were probably tested and the test result said: You are super duper smart!

Im not an Indigo, though if I take any of the tests and read the lists, I could be. I could also claim my 5yr old to be an Indigo

So, IMO, Indigos are self appointed based on things they read and little Internet quizes

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

This is what It seems like to me but to be fair I was hopiing to have someone who identifies with the label "indigo" to tell me themselves where they recieved their title. Not an unreasonable request to me.

Doctors can tell you where they recieved their title.
Plumbers can tell you why they are called plumbers.
Lawyers, politicians,deli clerks, baristas,mechanics,monks,pastors,priests,.......etc.

I want to have an indigo person (and there appears to be no shortage of them here) tell me where they recieved their title. This can't be that difficult of a request. Am I out of line here? Are these people above scrutiny? Are we not to question them? Am I violating some sort of T&C?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

here you go man. link

they tell you how it came about and who started it, and all kinds of stuff.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Thank you for your help. Are you an Indigo?
If so I would like to hear from YOU not a source.
If not, I can't believe it has been this difficult to get in touch with one on these boards. I have a simple question that I belive is an intellectually honest one and I believe it deserves an answer.

I will not let this thread die a quick death. I will plug away untill I get an "Indigo" to answer my question. One Question!!!!
How did YOU get your title?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

if you read the link i provided you, they give you the name of a lady that im sure has probably given someone the title of indigo. this is like , who made the queen, queen? why is a sphere, round? who puts a title on anything?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Well,
the Title M.D. comes from the fact that one has completed sufficiant amout of study to earn a degree in medicine.

The title "mechanic" comes from the fact that when going to work, one repairs automobiles.

The title "Attorney" comes from the Bar association and the fact that one has completed sufficient studies to earn a degree in law.

The title police officer is given when one completes study in criminal justice and then completes the required police academy training and THEN obtains a position at a law enforcement agency as a "Police Officer".

I could go on but hopefully I've made my point.

I am simply asking what "Indigos" had to go through to get their title.

Very simple question really. I would preferr the answer come from an Indigo but I'm not holding my breath at this point.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

how about queen? king? supreme ruler? you just want someone to claim they are an indigo so that you can tear into them. you can see the steam coming out of your ears from here.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

how about queen? king? supreme ruler? you just want someone to claim they are an indigo so that you can tear into them. you can see the steam coming out of your ears from here.

A King is usually, somewhere along the way, chosen either by the people or by some birth right. And then continued through birth right.

Queen, married to the king.

Supreme ruler or Supreeeeem Rooolah. I think that's a scientology thing.

I don't get what is so hard about this question.

I think the question is not only what are the qualifications for being Indingo, but who reviews those qualifications or are they self appointed or self-governed?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join