It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audit The Fed Bill Already Neutered In The Senate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Audit The Fed Bill Already Neutered In The Senate?

www.prisonplanet.com

HR 1207’s Senate version, S. 896, has been severely watered down, according to Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley.

As reported by the Huffington Post, handwritten notes in the margins of S. 896 include the amendment “with respect to a single and specific partnership or corporation”. This qualification severely limits the “scope of the oversight.”

S. 896 appears to have a very narrow scope or focus, which could narrow even further in conference committee negotiations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The Senate watered the bill down!

Perhaps this means that they fear that it WILL pass congress.

But arrgghhh The Senate!
They are tryign to water the bill down which in itself is admittance of corruption!

If there is nothing to hide, then why hide?

What are the possibilities of making S. 896 stronger?
How would that work?

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
they have been being watched so much that people know the truth.
this would just provide the proof that is needed to shhut them down.
they are going to do everything they can to demonize this bill to keep it from passing. crawgator406

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
All they have to do is have an agent pay each Senator a visit and say "we have this on you, we have this on you, we have this on you, we have this on you...........get the idea!?".

Ding dong the Bill is dead, the Bill is dead (or basically dead).

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This was already in the cards. Why do you think that so many representatives started to sign on at the last minute?

They knew that it would never make past the 'big' boys and girls in the Senate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The notes on the bill tell a pretty clear tale of purposeful demolition.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I don't know why anybody thought that this bill would gain any ground in the first place, history shows us that kind of power isn't removed by bureaucracy. The constitution pretty much says that any law which is passed that is unconstitutional is null and void, I don't understand why we don't just old school tar and feather these crooks and give the money making powers back to congress where it belongs. This should have ended in 1918 when it began.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
We already know they would have plans if this or anything like it got through. The house is just there lapdog, except for a few with decent intentions.

Certainly no hope here.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I know there's probably a more in-depth thread to post this in, but...

What is the outcome everyone is hoping to achieve with the Fed audit, and is that goal realistic? If the Fed is found to be in complete shambles, what next? Wouldn't that then provide the government with an excuse to give the public for unifying the country under an international reserve bank?..."Look, the old way didn't work. Now let's try something bigger."

I'm all for accountability here, but I fear that if it does happen we might not like the end results. A gold standard would be excellent, but is it a reality anymore?

[edit on 6/16/2009 by thomasblackraven]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Exactly the bill was dead from day one, Im surprised anyone thought it would pass as well. Wake up people you dont live in a democracy or a free society. In the case of a miracle it would have been veto'd by the president.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I have to laugh about the pitiful demands of people wanting the Fed audited, while at the same time we have those next term hopefuls wining the harts and minds of the Americans with this good for nothing bill.

Have any of you been listening to the news and the calls for passing laws to give more powers to the fed to take care of our economy with not congress and government oversight/.

Yes while people all rejoice at thinking that the fed will be audited they are actually getting more powers.

Wake up people you have been deceived, actually we all have been deceived as usual.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
audit..hahahaha...fed......ron paul hahahahah

what did yall expect a govt ran by the fed auditing the fed get out of here

just another distraction attempt by the ptb and yall ate it up

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomasblackraven
I know there's probably a more in-depth thread to post this in, but...

What is the outcome everyone is hoping to achieve with the Fed audit, and is that goal realistic? If the Fed is found to be in complete shambles, what next? Wouldn't that then provide the government with an excuse to give the public for unifying the country under an international reserve bank?..."Look, the old way didn't work. Now let's try something bigger."

I'm all for accountability here, but I fear that if it does happen we might not like the end results. A gold standard would be excellent, but is it a reality anymore?

[edit on 6/16/2009 by thomasblackraven]

This is exactly what I wanted to know and what I came here to say myself.

I for one hope they don't audit the fed because from what I read, the fed cannot survive that, and I doubt the global economy will flourish on that news.

I think it's an unrealistic goal and as someone said earlier, it cannot be solved with beaurocracy, they are just too good at what they do to be taken out that way.

Something does need to be done about this but I don't know what and I don't know what we could do that wouldn't cause even more untold suffering and loss of wealth.

Times like this when I wish I had a big glass of chocolate milk to comfort myself. Oh well, whiskey is a big boy drink.

new topics

top topics

join