It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where has the AZT gone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
A while back there was this thread which was a terrific discussion here on ATS about Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex (AZT), a common additive in antiperspirant. In the past when I used antiperspirants I would get red rashes or feel painful swelling at times in the lymph nodes under my arms from time to time.

Since this thread, I have not used deodorants or antiperspirants that contained AZT. I am using an Arm and Hammer that contains no AZT or parabens. Last week I ran out so I went to the store last night to get more. They didn't have any of the kind I usually get, so I started looking at the labels again. I don't know what made me look again at the labels, but I did. The first one I checked was Speed Stick Irish Spring scented. To my surprise, AZT no longer showed up on the ingredient list! I checked their "Icy Blast" stick - same thing.

Here's an image I found of the back of a stick of Speed Stick deodorant - notice the lack of AZT in the ingredient list.

I checked several other brands and also could not find AZT on the labels of those either. So then I went to the internet and did some Googling. I could not find any news stories about the removal of AZT from products OR hiding AZT so it's not on the label any longer.

Is there a conspiracy here? I'm not sure. Did the cosmetic industry do the right thing and quietly remove AZT from the ingredients list of their deodorants? Or is it more sinister and they just decided to hide AZT from the list now, trying to make people believe they are doing the right thing?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

You posted a picture of a "Deodorant" bottle. The only ingredient that mattered there was a fragrance.

AZT is used in "Anti-Perspirants" The difference is closing of the sweat glands. The AZT is very adept at chemically closing off the sweat glands by blocking the receptors that tell them to open and sweat!

I will look for some current ingredients in Anti-Perspirants and post them up.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

answers.yahoo.com...

www.controlyourimpact.com...

Solid antiperspirants are made with several ingredients, including wax, a liquid emollient and an active-ingredient compound. It's the active ingredient that gives antiperspirants their sweat-blocking power. All antiperspirants have an aluminum-based compound as their main ingredient. If you look at the back of an antiperspirant container, the aluminum-based compound is always the first ingredient listed. Here are a few of the common active ingredients:
Aluminum chloride
Aluminum zirconium tricholorohydrex glycine
Aluminum chlorohydrate
Aluminum hydroxybromide
The aluminum ions are taken into the cells that line the eccrine-gland ducts at the opening of the epidermis, the top layer of the skin, says dermatologist Dr. Eric Hanson of the University of North Carolina's Department of Dermatology. When the aluminum ions are drawn into the cells, water passes in with them. As more water flows in, the cells begin to swell, squeezing the ducts closed so that sweat can't get out.

health.howstuffworks.com...

I don't think anything has changed. All the brands that I found Mennen, Degree, etc., still had some Aluminum product in them.

In addition, the non-AZT antiperspirants have salts and waxes that block the pores!

I rarely use anything. Eat healthy, I saw one woman suggest taking Chlorophyll, use Deodorant if you need to, but don't clog your pores up!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You're right, that is a deodorant bottle. I may go back to the store tonight and get a few pics of the labels I saw on the anti-perspirants and post them. I'm sure that will look strange but oh well. This is a far from normal world any longer.

top topics

join