It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take to make you resist..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Back in the 17th centuray, after they suffered much tyranny under the then King of England, a people resolved within themselves to finally make a decision. A decision that they knew one way or the other would change their lives forever. They weighed in the balance the ideals of personal freedom on one side and the surrender to tyranny on the other, and they chose to resist the then most powerful nation on the Earth for freeedom and self governance by, for, and of, the people of the United States of America. With this said, in the face of continued power grabbing, and rising tyranny here in America. The takeover of car companies, banks, and medicine, etc. What would it finally take for you to stand up and say no to power and resist for the cause of personal freedom and justice. Would it be if they took away your TV or the internet? Or if they imposed a national sales tax? maybe if they restricted where you could go or what doctor you could see, what would it be for you. At what point will you finally say you are not going to take it any more.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
what would make me resist, i think i am ready now to resist but we need numbers of people will to do it and thats just not going to happen people dont care enough when the 5 people who are resisting turn to 500 people it will be harder label these people as bad people.

people are the power

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

People always believe they have no power. They blindly go in and vote Republican/Democrat and then wonder why there's no change and things go from bad to worse. They sit there and bicker about which party is best and why the other is bad and don't realize both parties need to be put out to pasture. There are millions of people out here who don't like how things are run and yet can't seem to comprehend that they can make a difference. I have seen lately where Ron Paul has been gaining steam -- this is a good thing as I see it because this means some people are beginning to see a glimmer of hope: there ought to be (and are) alternatives to the status quo. We had a friend a number of years ago in Philadelphia -- an older guy who was very high up in banking and connected with the Democratic party (we believe he also had mob connections, but were not able to confirm that). Monthly, he would head down to Washington with a brief case full of money (we saw it...big bills...he couldn't help but brag a little). Anyway, he said, "That's how Washington has always been run and that's how Washington always will be run." Makes you think.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by mjfromga]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mjfromga

maybe we need to do more than just vote. even though in britain that would be a start after the crap turn out.
but we need to make them know what we want. stuff the vote.

Actions speak louder than words.

I feel that some kind of public unrest will come because people will eventually see they need to do. In like 2 - 40 years i think.

ron paul seems like a great guy with ideas that really support common sence, honesty and fairness thats why they are so great. thats why people are starting to believe in him.

I've only got that from videos i've watched youtube and ats. so i could have a clouded juddgement

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
At what point will you finally say you are not going to take it any more.

I think most of us are already at that point to where we are sick and tired of being trampled by oppressive government and greed from all sides. The thing that we need is a Shepard to lead the way

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I am resisting already. One does not need to take up arms to resist the corpgov right now. In fact for everyone that follows this below idea to its logical conclusion the Leviathan is weakened further.

You can do this now and it does not require violence but is very effective in reducing the power of the beast by feeding it just as little as possible.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Indeed we do.

Anyone ?

I never was the guy who read out for the class so count me out i am afraid

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001

maybe we need to do more than just vote. even though in britain that would be a start after the crap turn out.
but we need to make them know what we want. stuff the vote.

Actions speak louder than words.

I feel that some kind of public unrest will come because people will eventually see they need to do. In like 2 - 40 years i think.

ron paul seems like a great guy with ideas that really support common sence, honesty and fairness thats why they are so great. thats why people are starting to believe in him.

I've only got that from videos i've watched youtube and ats. so i could have a clouded juddgement

I'm glad to see young people like you starting to get involved. Maybe you can make the world a more peaceful and better place. God only knows my "Baby Boom" generation hasn't lived up to its potential. My son (18) is like you -- he's actually interested in politics, which so many kids shun (probably because it can be a little confusing -- or daunting to go against older, more established men).

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
yeah your right. your baby boomers dint do well and my generation have to deal with it and then help solve it. we've got lots of work to do. well played to your son.
you from uk ?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001
yeah your right. your baby boomers dint do well and my generation have to deal with it and then help solve it. we've got lots of work to do. well played to your son.
you from uk ?

No...the US. We are originally from the Midwest, but have been transferred throughout the States for my husband's job and have really gotten to know a lot of different kinds of people. We live in Atlanta now. I like England, though -- nice country and people. Still want to get to Scotland as my family has history there, but haven't had the time. Some day...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

oh right. sounds a good experience. i want to go to scotland 2 but for one reason only they have wild cats lol i love that there are huge

maybe the countryside will be a benefit 2

top topics

join