It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Anomaly Research shut down?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hmm.......the site is running....picture links don't work.....

[edit on 16-6-2009 by thegreatobserver]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm trying really hard not to get off topic..but, finding those images was only possible after careful scrutiny. Here is what you start with...

So finding those images is really a needle in a hay stack. But before I go any further, I do agree with you as to "WHY". I don't know why, there could have been several other ways to hide stuff, maybe it would've been obvious with a missing section , maybe the air brush guy had a hang over that day,I really don't know.

But getting back to the thread...I sent mister skipper an email with no problem. He has responded before in a timely manner, so we'll see what happens.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I was watching a Mars/Moon video presented by Richard C Hoagland the other night. In it he produced hard evidence that NASA was either covering something up or was guilty of making glaring mistakes in the production of it's catalogues.
In this video he shows photographs in the Apollo 10 (I think) catalogue which are completely blanked out. He ordered the blanked out picture and received a high detail picture of a mountain range on the moon which had anomalous luminous objects suspended high above the lunar surface. One of his researchers on the opposite side of the USA ordered the very same picture and received a photograph which was similar to Hoaglands but which had the air born objects removed. All this from a picture which shouldn't exist as it didn't appear in the mapping catalogue!
So we have a picture which is blank in the catalogue, is highly detailed in Hoaglands version of said photograph, is markedly different in the same picture ordered on the opposite side of the United States, but which shouldn't exist because according to NASA's own catalogue that photograph wasn't taken!!!! Surely this alone should prove that NASA is either incompetent or covering something up?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellsybelieves
Did anyone ever stop to think this maybe sabotage from within the website to give more credence to the observations and make us believers on sites such as this think it is evidence of higher powers stopping us seeing the truth?

A Person after my own heart. What better way to draw attention if the old donations button is not being pressed enough. This is ATS after all

There is nothing there to loose. Mostly over filtered, manipulated images done by somebody not qualified. I'm fairly sure all images are in fact here on ATS somewhere.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
I guarantee that the PTB employ some of the best hackers in the world.

I guarantee they don't.

Who was that UK guy? Gary McKinnon was a self-proclaimed noob and he managed to work his way into some of the 'most secure' US systems. Without real hacking. LOL.

But bloodline has the point. Just gotta wait and see what goes down. Tell this dude to upgrade his policy with the ISP and see what happens.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by i_want_the_truth
Here are a few more that are blurred out or have been tampered with that marsanomalyresearch discusses. **FACT**

These anomalies were discovered by Joseph P. Skipper on May 28th, 2004.

Now I don't want to be the devil's advocate here but this guy is professional imo. Tell me how you think these images from the navy's own site are not tampered with.?.?.?

Good lord not again.

Only an amateur would use a smudge tool to hide the data. You know another way they could have gone about it? They could have used a clone tool or simply removed that particular frame from the mosaic. Why release a smudge when, in many conspiracy-theorists minds, it would verify the belief that NASA is hiding something?

Put another way, you're basing your decision on how to interpret this smudge based off of your position and the belief system you used to arrive at that position.

Let me say it again. I don't just think, I know, UFOs represent a real phenomenon. However I don't find the moon-base theory compelling. Many of the smudges people are calling out are on the light-side of the moon! These blurs are enormous. The one you just linked to is 98 miles across! That's easily visible from any ground based observatory. So you're asking me to believe that every astronomical society the world over is complicit in this cover-up? It doesn't make sense.

Heck, head to the nearest public observatory and look for yourself. Sure you won't get the same resolution Clementine had, but it should be enough to detect artificial light sources in dark areas on the surface of the moon. If you don't see any it more than likely means no one's up there. Or if they are that they're beneath the surface or they don't use modern technology like electric lighting.

This is all besides the point though as I've already provided a technical explanation for most of the blurs, smudges, and lines.

I'm not saying that NASA is innocent. They probably have obscured data from the public's view, but this moon-base myth is very likely a waste of everyone's time. Yes I have listened to Karl Wolf's testimony. I urge you to read this to better decide for yourself how much of this is science fiction versus science fact.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
A popular site like this should really be on a dedicated server not a shared server at Lunarpages.com.

If you do a reverse IP check you will see they share there server with 535 other domains.

So more than likely the script that they use to run the reports section of the site my have been producing to many requests for a shared server to handle.

I don't feel that there are any conspiracies to this story.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This thread got off track and I am guilty of such as well...So,

I don't know how many of you actually have visited the site, (No I am not trying to drive traffic there either) but I have been to a lot of de-bunking sites that do not offer half of the analysis that he does. He does not try to provide an explanation of "what it is" but rather he tries to prove "what it is not" (which is logical to me). Some of the moon tower images and others got on here in regards to that. I am pretty sure he was the first one to even discover these images for all to view in the first place.

So in regards to the thread, there is some very concerning content on Marsanomaly....that would not surprise me if there has been action taken to prevent further spreading to the public.

Yes other sites including this one have posted similar information but None I have read have even come close to comparison.

But thats only my opinion of course

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
If any of those things had happened the webmaster would have simply uploaded the website to another server and redirected the URL... its not that hard.. It's just a publicity stunt.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Site UP and working we can put the thread to rest.
Or not?

The website is currently experiencing problems accessing only the reports function while everything else works. This is allegedly because the host server was experiencing excessive traffic hits via this function. At first this seemed straight forward. However, due to the arbitrariness of what is transpiring in follow-up, now I'm not so sure. I'm beginning to suspect this work's adversaries may have a hand in this. The timing of this may have been precipitated in part by my recent #38 commentary below committing to a release timing for the book evidence as well as of course the Planetary Truth Project along with it, Also there is an article on this work appearing in a Belgium newspaper popular in Europe that they may expect to produce more traffic. They may be trying to blunt the media exposure thinking that public short attention spans will prevail. If so, this may require a drawn out period to counter and so the website may be down for a while. It can't be helped because I will not give in to such manipulation. Unfortunately, it goes with the territory.
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

[edit on 17/6/2009 by internos]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Here are a few more that are blurred out or have been tampered with that marsanomalyresearch discusses. **FACT**

These anomalies were discovered by Joseph P. Skipper on May 28th, 2004.

Now I don't want to be the devil's advocate here but this guy is professional imo. Tell me how you think these images from the navy's own site are not tampered with.?.?.?

Hmm, that first image, its something really HUGE on the side of that crater. One pixel is one kilometer. Where have i heard that before, some moon landing, astronaut transimission, Apollo 11.

www.ufoevidence.org...

In 1979 Maurice Chatelain, former chief of NASA Communications Systems confirmed that Armstrong had indeed reported seeing two UFOs on the rim of a crater. "The encounter was common knowledge in NASA," he revealed, "but nobody has talked about it until now."

Apollo: These "Babies" are huge, Sir! Enormous! OH MY GOD! You wouldn't believe it! I'm telling you there are other spacecraft out there, Lined up on the far side of the crater edge! They're on the Moon watching us!

Good'ay.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I have to admit both a 404 Not Found Error and a 403 Forbidden Error is quite weird. I have never seen a computer lie before

Anyways I tried to view some pages last nite and became aware of the issue. You know you can always browse through google cache and there's also another way but don't really reveal my tactics for the cover-up guys

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
whatever we do we'll end up on the FEDS/NSA/whatchamacallit list...

So relax, speak your mind as much as you want, those who think we'll escape the trap are fools , just like me, and I'll end up on the list anyway just because I don't believe the official 9/11 story and mentioned it ONCE on the net. that's all they ask for . ONE mistake, ONE slip of the tongue.

Seeing ourselves as people who can escape the big evil makes us feel stronger,

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Wait, let me get this straight. The all knowing PTB that have absolute control over everything and know everything, somehow overlooked a site like this for years and suddenly decided to act in a manner that was about as effective as a 4th grade hacker...oh and now it is back up. Wow, the PTB must suck at thier job, contrary to popular conspiratorial belief.

Maybe, just maybe some are superimposing their fiction belief system on everything that doesn't go their way?

If I followed even a small percentage of the distorted, ignorant logic most employ on this very board I gues we can expect this place to go dark in 5....4.....3....2.....1.

Still here? Those darn government types must have a reason for killing a bunch of sites but leaving this one running. I could sure bet we could get some of you to expound on that in a bit

Relax, nearly nothing has anything to do with our little universe, and when you get in the mindset that mundane things apply to your beliefs, then you are pretty much useless as a critical thinker and therefore a burden on this very subject. Think about it.

Oh, and I'm an sure that website thanks you for the free publicity you gave iut (bet it was intentional, lol)

[edit on 16-6-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

[edit on 16-6-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

I agree with your post to some extent, there is a lot of nonsense on this site, but it's worth sifting through the bs because there is some decent information here. There are many intelligent people on these boards as well, I encourage you to stick around, you may be surprised!

Cheers

[edit on 17-6-2009 by StevesResearch]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Such a shame such a massive shame on you sir.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie21m
Such a shame such a massive shame on you sir.

Was that meant for me? If so, what's the problem?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I have to admit both a 404 Not Found Error and a 403 Forbidden Error is quite weird. I have never seen a computer lie before

I was just wondering where you are getting the 403 error at? As I can not find it, and it may help to point to the actual cause. Also google's cache isn't working for me as it still points to the original server.

A 404 error is often returned when pages have been moved or deleted.

The 404 or Not Found error message is a HTTP standard response code indicating that the client was able to communicate with the server but the server could not find what was requested. 404 errors should not be confused with "server not found" or similar errors, in which a connection to the destination server could not be made at all.

I know the first digit "4" represents a problem on the client side,bad request, mispelled,ect. The "0" or second digit is the syntax of the error. And the last digit "4" is the specific error within that group of errors.

So a 404 error usually happens if the page has been moved or deleted...sounds kinda strange to me.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by i_want_the_truth]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The site is now operational....will get the scoop

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

So a 404 error usually happens if the page has been moved or deleted...sounds kinda strange to me.

Well one thing that most people don't know is that you can edit a 404 error page

Also if you try to back track url's to snoop in directories you can get a "access denied' or 'you don't have permission' or 'directory listing denied' error

So if you moved a photo gallery but links were still out there, IF the webmaster placed a file into the directory it would give an error page... if not it would list all the files in the directory

Example: from NASA I took the name of the html file off the end

www.jsc.nasa.gov...

This one is...

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /Bios/htmlbios/ on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If you do this at .mil sites you will attract unwanted attention... BAD idea

At this site here is a picture
fantasyartdesign.com...

take off the file name and you get direct access to the entire list
fantasyartdesign.com...

This is bad form unless you don't care if people bypass your website and just download all your files

So you can add an index.htm file and have it say what you want and even redirect you to the front page

Here is one sample "page not found'
www.elfwood.com...

And another
www.fantasyarts.net...

PS don't try it at my site either
you won't like where I send snoops

[edit on 17-6-2009 by zorgon]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join