It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians 'treated like 'animals': Jimmy Carter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Palestinians 'treated like 'animals': Jimmy Carter

www.google.com

Former US president Jimmy Carter on Tuesday denounced the deprivations facing Palestinians in Gaza as unique in history, asserting that they are being treated "like animals."

"The starving of 1.5 million human beings of the necessities of life -- never before in history has a large community like this been savaged by bombs and missiles and then denied the means to repair itself,"

"I have to hold back tears when I see the deliberate destruction that has been wracked against your people," he
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
President Carter is great, it's sad that since he left office there's been nothing but neocons in office.

I'm glad this man is still alive and still wants peace. There are still reasons, things and people to make you keep your head up high.

There definately seems to be a shift going on right now. I really hope that msm picks this one up, please msm please!

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Thankyou for this thread -

Jimmy is truly symbolic of the myopia of America, the profound resilience to the reality of Palestine born out through the dangers posed by challenging the Israeli Lobby on any front has harmed America to the point it is at today -

Jimmy Carter is a rare, rare specimen willing to speak to absolute truth despite the foreknowledge of complete and disgusting smear campaigns which would accompany such simple honesty.

This man will live forever as a light in the darkness which has descended upon the US of A.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Well, perhaps if they did not wage war on a daily basis, it might be different.

And for those who say the Hamas terrorists are their government, then they freely elected government is to blame for the suffering of it's people due to it's constant attacks.

Cater is a traitor, who hugs terrorists.

[edit on 6/16/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

You know you live in a backwards reality when people like you call peacemakers like carter a traitor.

It's just disgusting.

Furthermore, if you were blockaded in a concentration-camp like zoo, perhaps you would be throwing rockets as well.

Peace is treason?

WOW, what a world we live in!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Peace is not treason, thats a palestinian/your idea.

Giving aid to terrorists as defined by reality and the government IS TREASON!!!

If peace is so important to you, then you should rant every-time the terrorist Hamas makes their daily attacks.

They caused their own problems and continue to cause them.

If they want peace, then they MUST learn to wage peace and not war.

They CAN challenge the terrorists that run their government.

Think not, just look at their muslim brothers in Iran.

Think not, the US now has a black man as president.

Things Can change, but they have to want to act like humans and not animals who attack everyday.

Two clear examples for them to follow, but they must first want to not be a terrorist state.
( I know they are not a real state, but for lack of better terms)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I will always remember the picture of the 5 living presidents, lol. Carter was standing away from the others, like i do not fit in with those people.

The anglo american world has made that situation, and the criminals never pay do they.

Thats why guys stop believing in karma, it does not exist, the world is full of irony.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

If peace is so important to you, then you should rant every-time the terrorist Hamas makes their daily attacks.

I'm a bit confused about the word "terrorists". It's a term that has been bandied around and flogged to death until nobody knows who the terrorists really are.

This might give a clue.

A group of 100 famous academics, authors, actors and public figures of the Jewish population in The United Kingdom signed a letter stating that they will be boycotting the Israeli independence celebrations marking the 60th anniversary, and stated that they “cannot celebrate the birth of a state which was founded on terrorism”,

The writers of the letters stated in their document that they “cannot celebrate the birthday of a state which was founded on terrorism, massacres and the disposition of other people from their land”.

The letter also says that Israel displaced 750.000 Palestinians when it was established in 1948 and totally wiped out 400 villages, and that “the ethnic cleansing did not stop at that point, as thousands of Palestinians were expelled from the Galilee in 1956, and many thousands were displaced when Israel occupied the West Bank and the Gaza Strip in 1967”.

Furthermore, Prof. Bresheeth added that “Israel is inflicting terrorism on the Palestinians since 40 years”.

"The real terror is the one Israel has inflicted on the Palestinians for 40 years now, the terrorism of a strong state against a relatively weak organization.

www.imemc.org...

Also this interesting snippet. A bit of history for auction.

A pamphlet warning Britons to leave the Middle East or face death has come to light in a stash of illicit propaganda.

The document does not hail from Basra or Baghdad, nor was it penned by the Islamists of al-Qaeda or the al-Mahdi Army. It was found in Haifa, about 60 years ago, and it was issued by the underground group led by Menachem Begin – the future Prime Minister of Israel and winner of the Nobel Peace Prize.

The document, which surfaced at an auction house this week, is addressed to “the soldiers of the occupation army” and aimed at British soldiers serving in Palestine, then under the British Mandate, preceding the establishment of Israel in 1948. The print has faded and the paper has discoloured since it was unearthed from a grove of trees in Haifa in the summer of 1947. Yet the language and the concerns remain current.
Bombings and murders by underground groups, such as Begin’s Irgun, hastened the British withdrawal and the United Nations declaration that led to the founding of modern Israel.
www.timesonline.co.uk...

"Members of the Zionist ruling elite and their clandestine terrorist enforcers--the Jewish Agency, Hagana, Irgun and the Stern Gang--began to exert every possible terrorist means to dominate Palestine.

Their strategy was simple: the more respectable Zionist establishment would take the "high road" and officially disavow terrorism. Meanwhile, Zionist terrorists would commit any crime needed to disrupt British occupation and to panic Arabs into flight. The Encyclopedia of the Palestine Problem, available in most university libraries, documents from British records more than five hundred violent or terrorist incidents against Palestinians and the British occupation between 1939 and 1948.

These included bombings, booby traps and landmines, kidnappings and torture of prisoners, bank robberies, murders of Arabs, and assassinations of police and British officials."
(source:The Encyclopedia of the Palestine Problem, by Dr. Issa Nakhleh)

"Chief terrorists were David Ben-Gurion, Menachem Begin, Yitzhak Shamir and later, Ariel Sharon. Begin headed Irgun, and Shamir led the Stern Gang. They cooperated intimately with the highest political body of the Zionist establishment, the Jewish Agency, and the popular Zionist resistance army, Hagana. Ben-Gurion headed Hagana and later the Jewish Agency."
(source:Ibid, pp. 65-68, 269)

Now we know who the word terrorist are being referred to. It makes for less confusing discussions in future.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
How can a group, that was the victim to one of the worst evils in the history of the world, less than a century ago, turn around and treat a group of people so cruelly.

It's unthinkable.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by A Conscience

Let me make it simple for you.

The United States government has declared Hamas a terrorist group.
So does Canada, Austriala,Japan and the EU. Since the EU considers them terrorists, all 27 member nation do as well.
Wiki
Wiki

Since thats where I am, that is were I get they are terrorists-besides there actions.

If you don't like it, perhaps you should try to convince the Government's that the Hamas are not terrorists.
You are free to try.
Even if you are in another country, you can still write, for example, the president and try to convince him.

The rest of your post goes off track into one of your anti-jewish rants, you can make a separate thread for that.

The topic is the Palestinians and how they are treated with an unspoken (untyped) why and do they warrant the actions taken against them.

For every action you need to ask a "HONEST" why.
Were they counter attacked because they attacked first, yes, of course.

On and on.

If they did not attack (at all) , then and ONLT then can they be treated as peaceful.

Just remember, there ARE two sides to every story, the "REAL" truth being somewhere in the middle of the two.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

The United States government has declared Hamas a terrorist group.
So does Canada, Austriala,Japan and the EU. Since the EU considers them terrorists, all 27 member nation do as well.

Let me make it even simpler for you.

Israel has very powerful lobby groups all over the world, as you well know. Hell, it even persuaded Australia and other countries to boycott the major UN conference on racism. What does that tell you? You would think anything against racism should have been embraced wholeheartedly.

So do me a favor and refrain from using the word terrorist. With a resume that past and present ministers in the Israel government hold, it will even make Hamas green with envy. Not only are terrorism in their credentials, they have also been implicated with war crimes.

In spite of all these propaganda and lobby groups influencing governments against the Palestinians, the blatant cruelty and inhuman actions of Israel is becoming impossible to ignore.

Besides calling Carter a traitor, just goes to display your warp sense of morality and judgment. Carter ranks as a humanitarian of gigantic proportions that few can rival or even match. A man that is not afraid to go out on a limb to highlight injustice, in spite of horrendous backlash from Jewish/Zionist groups.

Carter had the courage that few of his peers even remotely posses, to speak out on the atrocities that is being perpetrated on the Palestinians. Imagine if there was a person like him during Nazi Germany, speaking out and exposing the Jewish plight in the concentration camps. How would you feel then? Maybe the holocaust might even have been averted.

I just found out to my disgust, that not only do Israel treat the Palestinians like animals, they even killed the animals in the zoo. They were shot at point blank range in their cages. If you or somebody can enlighten me on why this course of action was taken, I'd appreciate it. I do not believe IDF depravity extends even to helpless animals for no reasons.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Deny ignorance...
ok i'm agree with you we shoud deny ignorance

have you heard about this

In the nineteenth century, the North American Indians were herded onto reservations and their main game disappears, bison being killed for their fur in incentives from the federal government. So even if the classification of genocide in processing these populations is discussed, since there was no government will be adopted to exterminate the Indians, they were hungry (premium for killing bison), stripped of their land by violence and trickery (non-compliance with signed agreements) and deprived of their freedom of worship and the right to speak their languages. This policy is often called ethnocide, a term referring to the extermination of a culture. Legally the term ethnocide does not exist, the destruction of an ethnic group is genocide, according to the "Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide" adopted unanimously by UN General Assembly in 1948. In 1830, the Indian Removal Act inaugurated the policy of displacement amérindiennes increasingly to the West: the then-president, Andrew Jackson, is pass a law deporting the Indians living east of the Mississippi to the West of that river, mainly in Oklahoma, to exploit gold on their lands in Ohio and install the migrants from Europe. This Act is declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court and leads to wars with the Cherokees until 1838. Until 1850, 100 000 Americans are deported. The most famous episode is that the Trail of Tears in 1838-1839. This name comes from the tears of sympathy from Americans who saw through the Cherokee before them. This forced relocation was at least 4 000 people, because of cold and exhaustion.

the story are the same for the palestinian, the jew need a land usa and europe give it to them it's so easy, without thinking about the people living there.

i'm ok everybody need a land but not on that way.

Let me make it simple for you

The United States government has declared Hamas a terrorist group. So does Canada, Austriala,Japan and the EU. Since the EU considers them terrorists, all 27 member nation do as well.

i dont give a damn about usa, canada, france or whatever, i'm french but i'm a shamed, the hamas is just another political religious he dont give damn about the people it's just about the power and money and he was elected, it's extrem but don't forget the people of gaza are living an extrem life.

i dont trust any of them because politics for every country is just power and money and they do as the hamas do but they have the right to do it because they declare themself they are the good guys, but they do the war for the oil or for the gaz, it's discusting.

when you talk about the palestinians and jews it's with innocent eyes, like in the movies, there the good guys and the bad guys but we should do our homework before saying things like that you have your free will but there is also facts and if you don't look at the facts it mean you live in total ignorance.

but i'm agree with you

Deny ignorance...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by A Conscience

Again, you go off topic on one of your anti jewish rants.

The topic is the palistinians and if they deserive to be treated as they are.

Simple answer, until they change, the answer is "YES".

When they decide to stop acting like animals, then, maybe they can be treated like that.

When they were allowed into Isreal, they happily murdered civilians in coffee shops....
Once they were prevented from entering, the terrorist bombings stopped.

a simple cause and effect.

They cause issues by being terrorists and the effect is they get "counter" attacked back.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

You are clueless, Monsoon. Its obvious that you've never been there as you wouldn't have such an ignorant attitude towards this conflict. How could one possibly say that Palestinians deserve to be treated as they currently are. It shows how little you value human life.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Again, you go off topic on one of your anti jewish rants.

The topic is the palistinians and if they deserive to be treated as they are.

Simple answer, until they change, the answer is "YES".

When they decide to stop acting like animals, then, maybe they can be treated like that.

I see, to you the Palestinians are animals. I guess the animals in the zoo are slaughtered simply because they are animals, together with the Palestinians.

Thanks for making clear your demented logic. You have not learnt one iota from the tragedy of the holocaust. It is a sad day when the millions of lives are lost and lessons not learned, when people like you are still running amok with your genocidal ideas.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Jimmy Carter really gives me hope for this nation and for humanity as a whole. Here is a man with plenty to lose, in his later years in life, and he personally goes into one of the worst war zones in history and publicly breaks one of the biggest taboos in modern history.

I may not have been around when Carter was president but I think I would vote for him now.

As for the questionably sane Israel supporters I just have one thing to say:

Isn't it odd that there are no lies regarding the situation in Palestine and there is no Israeli conspiracy to keep the US involved and in the dark, yet EVERY time you mention a dissenting opinion on Israel, no matter where you are, there is someone there to make a poorly informed, loud mouth argument against everything you say?

I'm just glad I'm not in the minority anymore when it comes to disliking Israel.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
saddening . this is what that disease zionism has brought to this planet. zionism is responsible for its ruin

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Once we stop talking about Jesus and "the second coming" then we can finally deal with the settlement issue - especially funding from North America.

Yes, Hamas is a terrorist organisation but to associate the whole population of Gaza with Hamas is similar to suggesting all citizens of the Republic of Ireland supported the IRA. Ironically, that was another campaign Americans decided to finance...

The Israeli parliament and judiciary system is arguable one of the most effective in the region, but the executive, however, is the problem. The electoral procedure [Proportional representation] gives influence to religious zealots and extremists.

The Supreme Court of Israel have ruled on human rights cases, but government(s) of the day have ignored or interpreted the decisions. Due to the implementation of a 60:40 ratio in Jerusalem (Between Jews and Arabs), Israel is a quasi-apartheid state.

Jerusalem should become a City State, under international mandate - should not be controlled by either Israel or Palestine. A secular, power sharing administration should operate the State.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

It causes me no end to amusement.

You know you are wrong.

You know I am right.

So the only thing left to you is try to change the subject.

Sorry, try creating a post in rant about your insane hatred of Jews/Israel.

this post is dedicated to are the Palistinians tereatred like animals and if they are do they bring it all on themselves.

Are they treated like animals, no.

Are they treated like an enemy who attacks on an almost daily basis while intentionally (by their own mouths) intentionally targeting civilians, "YES".

Do they make most of their attacks from schools/playgrounds/civilian homes and UN bases, "YES".

They do it knowing that is where the "COUNTER" attacks will come back.

They do it in hopes of palestinian civilians being killing so Hamas can try to get sympathy from ignorant people who believe their lies or support their terrorism.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kombatt98

By your own mentality, the murdering terrorists that attack civilians "ON PURPOSE" by the terrorists own words from the terrorists own mouth, sorry, the truth denies your ignorance.

Think of the utter stupidity of the situation.

They attack almost daily and intentionally target civillians, this is ok in your mind.

However, when they are counter attacked, it's the poor terrorists, feel sorry for the murderers.

If they tried, I know, stupid idea, waging peace, then, hey, guess what, they would not be considered and treated as the attacking enemy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join