It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged 9/11 mastermind: `I make up stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Alleged 9/11 mastermind: `I make up stories

www.miamiherald.com

Accused al Qaeda mastermind Khalid Sheik Mohammed complained that interrogators tortured lies out of him

''Where is he? I don't know,'' Mohammed said. 'Then he torture me. Then I said, 'Yes, he is in this area or this is al Qaeda which I don't know him.' I said no, they torture me.''

Zubaydah claimed in the hearing that he ``nearly died four times.''

''After a few months went by, during which I almost lost my mind and my life, they made sure I didn't die,'' Zubaydah said.

He claimed
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Of course torture doesn't work.

It seems they tortured lies out of him for sure, as if that was the agenda.

Because people always say "of course it wasn't an inside job, these people even claimed responsibility for it".

Now we know how and why.

It's sad that nowadays when you think of torture you think of what used to be one of the greatest nations.

CIA Mistaken on 'High-Value' Detainee, Document Shows
"They told me, 'Sorry, we discover that you are not Number 3, not a partner, not even a fighter,' " said Abu Zubaida, speaking in broken English, according to the new transcript of a Combatant Status Review Tribunal held at the U.S. military prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

President George W. Bush described Abu Zubaida in 2002 as "al-Qaeda's chief of operations." Intelligence, military and law enforcement sources told The Washington Post this year that officials later concluded he was a Pakistan-based "fixer" for radical Islamist ideologues, but not a formal member of al-Qaeda, much less one of its leaders.

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.miamiherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-6-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This really isn't a surprise. After seeing Christopher Hitchens and that radio host get water boarded and each lasting less than 10 seconds, it's no surprise that this guy confessed to whatever he was being accused of.

I'm sure after a few minutes of torture I would confess to killing JFK, arming Saddam Hussein and wiping out the dinosaurs, even if it meant life imprisonment.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by System
This really isn't a surprise. After seeing Christopher Hitchens and that radio host get water boarded and each lasting less than 10 seconds, it's no surprise that this guy confessed to whatever he was being accused of.

I'm sure after a few minutes of torture I would confess to killing JFK, arming Saddam Hussein and wiping out the dinosaurs, even if it meant life imprisonment.

EXACTLY!!! A quick battlefield torture to save the lives of your own troops is IMHO justified. A little torture of a kidnapping suspect to find a missing child, sure, I can see that. But torturing someone for days or weeks or months or YEARS, to get useless intel that is, at best, outdated, and at worst, entirely made up just so you will stop?!?!?

Surely our professional interrogators know this is not efficient.

The only reason I can see for doing this would be to get them saying whatever we wanted them to say. And, not only saying it, but believing it themselves long enough for a trial. I think it is more of a case of brainwashing than interrogating!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I had a feeling suspects were being forced to lie. I thought maybe that they were given fair trials until I saw one so called "terrorist" in court being hidden away from view behind a wall to protect his anonymity as he confessed to lie after lie I imagine. What the hell is this country coming too. I wonder if they would give me such a priveledge to hide behind a wall in my court cases so that the rest of the court will never even know who or what they are convicting if anything. They may as well had Osama back there, nobody would know the difference.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

So what that really means is, torture put US soldiers lives on the line, wasted money and time, and caused the US to look like Satan's child. What a big mistake.

There is no doubt that torture causes people to lie, and say anything, just to get the torture to stop. That has been known for ages. What this does, though, is put US soldiers lives on the line.

For example;

If they tortured someone to get information, and that person gave them lies and pointed US soldiers in the wrong direction, well, US soldiers would be sent to check that wrong direction. Not only does this "throw US soldiers off the trail", but it also can be used against US soldiers and lead them into traps, and ambushes. This wastes time, money, and possibly lives.

It's pathetic. If they want to prevent incidents they should gather intel the old fashion way, by watching everything, and spying. Torturing has way too many negative results, and now I'm sure the US is learning that the hard way.

Seriously, even the writers of the movie Queen Elizabeth: The Golden Age knew that torture is useless. They did a whole skit about it.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
second post updated with Washington post link and exerpt.

unbelievable!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
post by ModernAcademia

Wiki says this...

He is also thought to have had, or has confessed to, a role in many of the most significant terrorist plots over the last twenty years, including the World Trade Center 1993 bombings, the Operation Bojinka plot, an aborted 2002 attack on the U.S. Bank Tower in Los Angeles, the Bali nightclub bombings, the failed bombing of American Airlines Flight 63, the Millennium Plot, and the murder of Daniel Pearl.

If he is responsible of any of these then he deserves to his penalty. I doubt they "tortured" him into lieing about all of it.

-E-

P.S. Existing thread here

[edit on 16-6-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Well as William Cooper pointed out, there was evidence that both Timothy McVeigh and the Columbine Shooters were at one time working under the CIA and if I am not mistaken they were all guinia pigs for RFID chips.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
reply to post by MysterE

Well as William Cooper pointed out, there was evidence that both Timothy McVeigh and the Columbine Shooters were at one time working under the CIA and if I am not mistaken they were all guinia pigs for RFID chips.

I'm pretty sure Wiliam Cooper also said there is a race of reptilian aliens working with the US govt.

-E-

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Please don't construe this as advocating torture, because I don't, but did it ever occur to anyone that maybe these "suspected terrorists" are lying now? Since when did these people get elevated to the level of: "everything they say is true." ?

What did people expect - that they would be released from Gitmo and shout: "Ha! Ha! I really am a terrorist!"

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

But why believe anyone then?

Many of these "terroists" were innocent people with no terroist connections.

So why believe anyone if you can't believe innocent people?

Furthermore, torture makes people lie, that's the biggest point, not their innocence. Although that may be important too, for this thread i'd say it's the efficiency of torture.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Many of these "terroists" were innocent people with no terroist connections.

So why believe anyone if you can't believe innocent people?

I think we disagree on whether or not these people are truly innocent.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

However Mohammed, a Kuwaiti national who was captured in Pakistan in 2003, also freely claimed responsbility for almost 30 "terror" plots, the transcripts say.

Link: english.aljazeera.net...

How many terror plots does it take to actually make him a terrorist???

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Did you even read the washington post article I posted?

You think the CIA will say sorry to someone involved in 30 terror plots?

new topics

top topics

join