It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Hamas foiled plot to assassinate Carter in Gaza'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

'Hamas foiled plot to assassinate Carter in Gaza'

www.haaretz.com

Hamas has foiled an attempt by Palestinian militants to attack former U.S. president Jimmy Carter during his visit to the Gaza Strip, a Palestinian source told news agencies on Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Jimmy Carter is in Gaza trying to get Hamas off of terror lists. Lucky for him he had Hamas on his side to potentially save his life here. The Secret Service is also with President Carter but they are operating in very unfamiliar territory. I wonder if Al Qaeda will now consider Hamas an enemy for this?

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Good point if it turns out to hold water.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Trying to get them off a terror list and just by chance they "help" foil a plot to.....................Hmmmmm Fishy??? Don't know for sure

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Without actually going to the area and seeing things for myself, I find it impossible to know the truth behind what groups like Hamas report and what Israel and our media report. It's all a "you did this, you did that" type game.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Yetichi

I agree entirely. It's strange though that "a Palestinian source" reported this but

Hamas Interior Ministry spokesman Ihab al-Rassin denied the reports, however, saying the group's forces had engaged in routine activity and had no information of an assassination attempt.

I don't think any of us knows what really happened.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
OR

They are trying to "LOOK" like the good-guys, for those ignorant enough to by that lie.

If they want to be looked at as more than terrorists, they need to wage PEACE on a daily basis.

Yes, Yes I know they won't do that, but, it is, however, what is needed for peace.

Ball is in their court, continue to act as terrorists and continue to be treated as the terrorists they are...

OR

Try acting peacefully and then and only then will they find peace

new topics

top topics

join