It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timewave Zero - Countdown to Transition

page: 206
<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I still don't get it.

I have tried to follow this thread....I downloaded and installed the timewave.jnlp and I still don't get it. I just don't understand the graphs. When it peaks up?....what happens? When it flattens out....what happens? I don't get it. I feel like I am tring to follow Timothy Leary and his pro-lsd agenda....I just don't get it. If someone could rationally explain to me how to use this timewave app....I might could understand it....but as of now...I have tried and I see nothing but pretty graphs.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PulsusMeusGallo
Sorry, no. TWZ is based on unknown mathematics which hides being a graph that no one knows how it is generated.

How the timewave's values-by-day are calculated is explained quite well in here:
www.dharmainitiative.it...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damrod
I still don't get it.

I have tried to follow this thread....I downloaded and installed the timewave.jnlp and I still don't get it. I just don't understand the graphs. When it peaks up?....what happens? When it flattens out....what happens? I don't get it. I feel like I am tring to follow Timothy Leary and his pro-lsd agenda....I just don't get it. If someone could rationally explain to me how to use this timewave app....I might could understand it....but as of now...I have tried and I see nothing but pretty graphs.

Foramin has given you a link above. Best of luck with that!.

TWZ's "legitimacy" is borne from its unmasterable complexity. If you can't understand it, and few can, then you must be in awe of it (like "Zagari"). All of this from a man (McKenna) who often claimed "he didn't like long division".

But it makes no matter. The source code of TWZ software has never been vetted, the algorithmic implementation have never been directly tied to the functions as represented in the graphs. You put in numbers, out come graphs. So?

Btw, for all those TWZ users, which version do you have? Mine is the latest, the supposedly corrected version which came after mathematician Watkins blew open the undeniable fact that the earliest versions were inherently flawed. McKenna had to admit this and did.

Then no one vetted the latest iterations.

Pople trust software like they trust a TV to work. Punch in this, get that, to hell with the hows and whys. Big mistake, huge mistake, fatal mistake especially with mathematically derived software functionalities.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cecilofs

if you are interested in the connections to DNA a user called Theusurprachist posted quite a bit about it including some links last year. Not sure which page of the thread though sorry.

So he did and addded to the TWZ confusion.

McKenna tossed IChing away for reasons he never quite well explained so basing TWZ on IChing hexagramal theory isn't valid. Theusurprachist tried to re-install IChing calling the concept TW Aleph. Well, he also said 9/11 should have been predicted "by anyone who was watching Al-Queda's TW Aleph's resonances".

heh CIA/NSA loved that for sure as I'll bet my bottom Esalen dollar that they have been all over thees TW theorems, IChing included.

But there is an inherent problem. IChing is argued among Oriental philosophers as to its usefulness, validity and economy as a personal tool for future predictions. Some say, Yea, some say Nay.

I find TWZ fun, intriguing and hauntingly accurate - at times - at other times fantastically flawed. Like its creator, Terence McKenna.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PulsusMeusGalloheh CIA/NSA loved that for sure as I'll bet my bottom Esalen dollar that they have been all over thees TW theorems, IChing included.

Why do you think that? Do you think there is some validity to the ideas, or is it because they came from people taking drugs that are now illegal?

I find TWZ fun, intriguing and hauntingly accurate - at times - at other times fantastically flawed. Like its creator, Terence McKenna.

So do you have a personal vendetta against McKenna and his work? Or are you taking specific exception to how some people interpret it?

How long would it take for the maths to be vetted at this point? More than six months? If so we may as well just wait and see

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I still don't get it.

In a nut-shell and extremely simplified:

Graph going up = habit, less new things happening.
Graph going down = novelty, more new things happening.
Graph the same shape as a time period in the past = resonance.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Do you think there is some validity to the ideas, or is it because they came from people taking drugs that are now illegal?

The TWZ is a theorem that is highly suspect as McKenna himself said.

So do you have a personal vendetta against McKenna and his work? Or are you taking specific exception to how some people interpret it?

If you read my posts, and I cannot possibly imagine you haven't since for weeks now they fall above and below your own, then you have your answers.

Originally posted by CecilofsHow long would it take for the maths to be vetted at this point? More than six months? If so we may as well just wait and see

Ask a mathematician. TWZ has been around for well past a decade and the coder/Owner, Peter Whathisname, could at anytime had the software code vetted including the modified mathematics. He didn't.

'Nuff said.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by PulsusMeusGalloThe TWZ is a theorem that is highly suspect as McKenna himself said.

Yes, but you were talking about CIA etc being interested in the theory. They wouldn't be if they saw no value in it unless they somehow thought it was still connected to illegal drugs.

If you read my posts, and I cannot possibly imagine you haven't since for weeks now they fall above and below your own, then you have your answers.

Its a bit ambiguous. You have said that we are interpreting the theory wrong, but also that the theory has holes in it and can't possibly be right. You claim to have personally known McKenna and then call his personality into question. So trying to discredit him entirely or just point out that he was not a paragon of humanity?

Ask a mathematician. TWZ has been around for well past a decade and the coder/Owner, Peter Whathisname, could at anytime had the software code vetted including the modified mathematics. He didn't.

Ok so you've made your point, my point is that even if that is true, its probably too late to rectify it now.

Now we just have to sit back in anticipation of the end of time and try not to panic

edit on 18-4-2012 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I still don't get it.

In a nut-shell and extremely simplified:

Graph going up = habit, less new things happening.
Graph going down = novelty, more new things happening.
Graph the same shape as a time period in the past = resonance.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

You just blew my mind, thanks!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Into the steepest continual drop into novelty now. If this is accurately predicting this year for us, or if it's reached the point of a self-fulfilling prophecy, something big might happen over the next 48 hours.

And we won't need to go around looking for what it is, because it'll be too big to not notice.

Let's just hope it's something good if so.

Edit : for those wondering, we're supposedly dropping off this peak :

edit on 18-4-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
Into the steepest continual drop into novelty now. If this is accurately predicting this year for us, or if it's reached the point of a self-fulfilling prophecy, something big might happen over the next 48 hours.

And we won't need to go around looking for what it is, because it'll be too big to not notice.

Exactly! Just like April 11th.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Yes, but you were talking about CIA etc being interested in the theory. They wouldn't be if they saw no value in it unless they somehow thought it was still connected to illegal drugs.

I'll bow to your greater knowledge of The Agency.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Exactly! Just like April 11th.

I still don't get the whole april 11th thing to be honest. Looking at the graph it's the bottom of a part where we started the main descent into novelty, fair enough, but it's not a continous drop anything like this one.

Anyway, as long as you know I don't believe or disbelieve it, and if we don't get much happening from now to june/july I'll be pretty much done with it I think.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

You have said that we are interpreting the theory wrong, but also that the theory has holes in it and can't possibly be right.

I have said the theorem lacks accredited validation, that the software is not vetted and that I have found no one in this thread who acknowledges both of these highly relevant facts. Without acknowledging both, any input is without worth except for entertainment.

You claim to have personally known McKenna and then call his personality into question.

Who better than someone who knew him, his wife and his entourage?

So trying to discredit him entirely or just point out that he was not a paragon of humanity?

McKenna was human.I've said this many times. You're reading things into the simplest statements.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Foramin

As much as I like twz and the TV series LOST, the Dharma Initiative is a fictional research project, and the website itself launched in 2008 so I don't know how reliable that website and formula are... Any other sources?

edit on 18-4-2012 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines on 4-18-2012

I either missed it or nothing happened, it's been 48 hours. Must be nothing then.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I either missed it or nothing happened, it's been 48 hours. Must be nothing then.

Yup, if it works it obviously doesn't work in the way I thought it did. Still interested in what might happen in the near future, but yeah, that last post of mine was totally off with how this works, if it does at all....
edit on 20-4-2012 by robhines because: typo

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
Yup, if it works it obviously doesn't work in the way I thought it did. Still interested in what might happen in the near future, but yeah, that last post of mine was totally off with how this works, if it does at all....
edit on 20-4-2012 by robhines because: typo

According to Evasius and "Zagari", there are many instances TWZ has worked. I have thrown rocks into lakes and sometimes hit fish.

McKenna was clear on this. If, for instance, Dec 21, 2012 comes and goes without incident, all he said is he had something wrong. No biggee. He had hoped that his software, his concepts and his ideas would continue to be worked, corrected, validated...whatever. What he didn't want to see is what we have seen too often in this thread. Blind, all-in, nonobjective, child-like TWZ adoration.

Will someone pick up McKenna's ball and run with it? I don't believe so and the reasons are in the post below.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You see, TWZ was doomed from wide public acceptance by the author himself. McKenna's unrelinquishing obsession to place every social consequence (evolution, politics, male dominance, etc etc etc) at the door of the mushroom put his so far out on the proverbial limb he became, as Huxley said "as silly as Silly Tim" [Leary].

McKenna was not short academic and scientific contacts and if he had allowed his ego to get the fook out of the way, he might have been able to get people with a hell of a lot more credibility to stand in the spotlight with TWZ.

Mebbe not. Maybe no one would back it.

Novelty is an attractive sounding theory. TWZ works for certain periods of time and certain data points. "History repeats itself" is an ingrained line of reasoning.

But, you know, in the end, the ability to predict the future is, imo, exactly what we cannot and never should be able to do. This is a journey, a personal journey, and if you know why and when and where you are going to arrive, what's the use, eh?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PulsusMeusGallo

"This is a journey, a personal journey, and if you know why and when and where you are going to arrive, what's the use, eh?"

as much as this is a personal journey,, there are events that have happened and happen that effect many sometimes most persons,,,,,. there are ways we can predict the future,,, if we do this, this will happen...

top topics

<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join