It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timewave Zero - Countdown to Transition

page: 198
<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Its also interesting to note that these non-genetic changes in our populations will also bring about genetic evolution eventually. Particularly in regards to behaviour and people being able to move around from place to place more freely now than in the past. Which is a direct result of technology.

Its just the process of biological evolution is very slow and so probably won't result in any large difference in the short term.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by drkildare

In practice, I think a good part of the predictions will come true, especially the ones about the revolutions, solar flares and natural disasters. I am also sure about the June 17th event.
Maybe this is a more precise answer to your doubts?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari

In practice, I think a good part of the predictions will come true, especially the ones about the revolutions, solar flares and natural disasters. I am also sure about the June 17th event.

I didn't see a June 17th prediction, could you assist?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cecilofs
As above, so below. Its relevant on all scales. Everyting is fractal. Now there's one that is going to need some proof lol. "Please show what the fractal dimension of everything is!".

I think it's more of a state of mind, a way of being. Maybe if you reach the best states you'll be able to see in your minds eye and/or visually how it all fractally scales up and down from the smallest things to dimensions and universes, etc. Would be interesting if anyone's had experience with these types of perceptions, how long they managed to stay with them, and what it was that brought them back out of that state for whatever reason.
edit on 13-3-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by drkildare

There wasnt 1 i think zagari is jerkin your chain. twz is not for individual lives get real here

it shows that history is repeatable if you align the stars and the graph points that is all.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PunchyChap

There wasnt 1 i think zagari is jerkin your chain. twz is not for individual lives get real here

it shows that history is repeatable if you align the stars and the graph points that is all.

Perhaps you are right, "Zagari" is tossing me about for fun. His posting history shows great passion, if not misappropriated energies. As you say, TWZ is not for individual predictions or assumptions or for personal introspection. This is where "Zagari" is unwilling to adhere to the very wishes of the Developer of the theorem and the software.

Why? It is clear what the Developer has set as the limitations so I cannot entitle "Zagari" with the possibility of being undereducated.

OK, he's jerkin' our chains.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

As you say, TWZ is not for individual predictions or assumptions or for personal introspection. This is where "Zagari" is unwilling to adhere to the very wishes of the Developer of the theorem and the software.

To be honest I think if what McKenna predicted does happen then we're well within the zone for personal introspection now that could allow us a greater understanding of what's coming.

If our entire civilization is about to undergo a massive change on dec 21st such as a singularity, then the effects of that could ripple back through time like a kind of shockwave, and there'll likely be people that can sense its effects more as each day passes. In fact people might even start connecting to its effects. Although I've clearly no idea how that would actually work, just saying.

Of course, that's if anything even happens.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

Not trying to nitpick. I was just trying to make sure that evolution was not being given a goal or direction. It is not necessarily good for the long haul of the species. The problem I see with claims of people "evolving" as it is stated is that it is a change that is goal directed. I really see it as a desire for the "EASY" button. Everything sites around lazy and waits for magic to deliver.

I do appreciate your clarification as I am sure others do. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I try to follow what McKenna says or what the math says. McKenna is very clear about novelty.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Not trying to nitpick. I was just trying to make sure that evolution was not being given a goal or direction. It is not necessarily good for the long haul of the species. The problem I see with claims of people "evolving" as it is stated is that it is a change that is goal directed. I really see it as a desire for the "EASY" button. Everything sites around lazy and waits for magic to deliver.

I do appreciate your clarification as I am sure others do. Thanks.

Ok I see your point. Sometimes evolution leads your species into a "blind alley" which you can't escape. Perhaps the Dinosaurs aren't the best example but they are one example - couldn't adapt quickly enough to a changed ecosystem and so became extinct.

Whether or not its externally goal directed is a different argument about personal religious beliefs. I believe that humans as a species are goal driven though. We are always striving to improve our own situation. I think in the long term, our goal is to become a space faring race and/or to be able to live in perfect harmony with our planet. I think that we have a goal to understand just wtf is going on here, which is the key motivation in science IMO. That doesn't directly affect our biological evolution but it affects the direction we are heading as a species.

A lot of our actions aren't in line with these goals right now though. We've lost our way

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PunchyChap

Actually I said that on June 17th there will be the funeral of a worldwide famous icon history, a mirrored life with an already dead other historical person.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Ok I see your point. Sometimes evolution leads your species into a "blind alley" which you can't escape. Perhaps the Dinosaurs aren't the best example but they are one example - couldn't adapt quickly enough to a changed ecosystem and so became extinct.

Another example might be, not saying definitely, might be sickle cell anemia. It might not be that. It might be something else. An advantage offered by what we consider to be a problem might have a benefit someplace.

Consider our eyes. The blood vessels are in front of the retina. Is that bad or not?

I certainly agree that we strive to improve, but genetically that may not be the case. I'm sure you recall the Lamarkian suggestion that a giraffe has a long neck because it strove to reach the upper leaves. That goal was not met because giraffes wanted more food.

A lot of our actions aren't in line with these goals right now though. We've lost our way

I believe that you and I are more in agreement than we often think.

Cheers
edit on 14-3-2012 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

I have been an open naysayer in this thread.

If you are correct on your predictions you do realize that I will support your work.

It takes a good mind and a healthy attitude to be willing to make these sorts of statements.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Which of the 13 or so definitions of novelty of McKenna's are you referring?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You choose.

new topics

top topics

<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>

join