It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timewave Zero - Countdown to Transition

page: 195
<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Alvin Toffler made similar claims in "Future Shock". They were claims of the same ilk - without merit.

Thsi thread is not about Toffler, what is the relevance?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wilburn
After reading through the threads I see that many people do not understand what the "timewave" and Timewave Zero is. So, I would like to take a shot at explaining it.

We are picturing time as a wave. The wave has peaks and valleys. The wave has a beginning and an end. Picture the beginning of time as a point on your left and the end of time as a point on your right, and imagine a wavy line joining the two points.

The entire wave has a pattern to it. This pattern was arrived at mathematically, using the King Wen sequence of the ancient I Ching.

When the wave is dropping into a valley we are moving into Novelty (previously uncharted territory which involves new changes that effect everyone in the world in some new way). Timewave Zero is also called "Novelty Theory", or it incorporates Novelty Theory.

When the wave rises we are falling back into "Habit" (Novelty wears off like your love affair with a new car wears off after a period of time).

If you take a small chunk out of the entire time wave and examine it, you will find that the identical wave pattern appears over and over again. This makes "Timewave Zero" a fractal system.

As you get closer and closer to the end point in the timewave (zero point) the timewave repeats itself more often and gets smaller each time. Picture the distance between waves as getting closer and closer and the waves getting shorter and shorter in height as you get closer to the Zero point. At Zero point, the wave is so small and compressed that it is said to "flat line" and we enter an infinite period of Novelty.

The 67 years following 1945 is said to be a fractal wave of the previous 4500 years, and that whole period of time is a fractal wave of the previous 30,000 years and so on.

Therefore, at this moment, we are experiencing all the previous Novelty and Habit (peeks and valleys) of the entire time wave that lies behind us.

As we get closer to Zero point, which happens to be around 12/21/2012, time will be compressed again and again to the point where the entire wave of time, with all of it's Novelty and Habit will be compressed into a fractions of a second where it can no longer be measured....that is "Zero Point" or the point of "Singularity."

The timewave theory not only explains the knowledge explosion, it predicts it with accuracy. It accurately predicts the rise and fall of the Romam Empire, the discovery of America, WW1 and WW2, the atomic bomb, and so on.

I hope this helps those who are new to Timewave Zero understand it a bit better.

If I am wrong on any points, I am sure there are some here that can correct me and give their insight.

I would take issue only with one thing otherwise this summary is an excellent one. That is the point of "Romam Empire"; I am unfamiliar with this empre.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
removed post cat got on keyboard lol
edit on 7-3-2012 by BardMcKenna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BardMcKenna

The claims made by McKenna were not unique and were just as wrong as Toffler's claims.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

if in 20 years or 10, or some time in the future, humans really start integrating with machines,robotics, computerized memory, holographic ibrains, things of that nature,, a new evolutionary split in the human species,,, what would you think of that? would you jump off the bridge if everyone else was doing it? would an exponential exclamation of technological and scientific change such as that, which has been un posses able by humans for however long humans have existed, for humans to reach this point of understanding and ability of implementation and control over their destiny,,, would this be novel?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by stereologist

if in 20 years or 10, or some time in the future, humans really start integrating with machines,robotics, computerized memory, holographic ibrains, things of that nature,, a new evolutionary split in the human species,,, what would you think of that? would you jump off the bridge if everyone else was doing it? would an exponential exclamation of technological and scientific change such as that, which has been un posses able by humans for however long humans have existed, for humans to reach this point of understanding and ability of implementation and control over their destiny,,, would this be novel?

I believe so yes. So much of human evolution and the novelty throughout our history has been linked to technology. This interface or assimilation seems to be the logical direction we are heading.

As for whether I would take the plunge I'm not sure. Its a concept that is exhilirating but also terrifying.

I had to comment on your "iBrain" remark - I got a laugh out of it. I sincerely hope that if/when this technology becomes available we've passed the point of infantile obsessions with commerce and money. I genuinely hope the first cybernetics are not thinly veiled advertising implants.

Our species has so much more potential than this.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

I don't think you can predict much concerning your own life. All you can say is that you are living in a time of Novelty or Habit. At the moment Novelty is increasing and Habit is decreasing. It effects everyone. It's not for fortune telling.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HermioneWeasley

what is novelty ?

once you have defined it - show evidence that it is increasing

lastly - show evidence that it is affecting me

thanks

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
ALOHA

greetings friends.
thus we begin,
descending to novelty.
starting in april,
the maximum of 2012.
be rite in your HEART

∞LOVE∞

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
We are entering a brief period of novelty from March 9 to the 11th...My life is increasingly weird since at least February 24...Yesterday I faced one of my oldest fears and I learnt to deal with it and get over it.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
We are entering a brief period of novelty from March 9 to the 11th...My life is increasingly weird since at least February 24...Yesterday I faced one of my oldest fears and I learnt to deal with it and get over it.
Could you explain why and what ?
And why the TMZ shows these dates as nov3el, mine doesn't.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari

Do you really think the whole ripple effect of human history is supposed to effect everyone in a uniquely and personal novel way?

i imagined it would be something that effected a large amount of humanity, but because of all encompassing events.... not every single person on the earth experiencing minor novel events within their own personal subjective lives,,,,,, my girlfriend asked me out! I got an A on my math test! My grandma made brownies! I beat that really hard final fantasy boss!

edit on 9-3-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Not sure what you are getting at. You seem to be using words such as exponential as hyperbole rather than the meaning of the word to change with the the term in the exponent.

Events 10 or 20 years down the road are not part of the sequence leading up to 2012 and TWZ.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

So much of human evolution and the novelty throughout our history has been linked to technology. This interface or assimilation seems to be the logical direction we are heading.

Can you provide a few examples of evolution linked to technology?

Our species has so much more potential than this.

And why would implants somehow makes us better?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HermioneWeasley

At the moment Novelty is increasing and Habit is decreasing.

How can you know this is happening without looking at the graph?

new topics

top topics

<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join