It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timewave Zero - Countdown to Transition

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by m0rphine

What's even more hilarious is that you can't infer that before the big bang is taking place on the graph it is referring to the singularity.

The huge drop off would be the novelty of the big bang.

There is nothing before the big bang. The graph is worthless. It is not related to reality. TWZ is not reality to reality.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

There is nothing before the big bang. The graph is worthless. It is not related to reality. TWZ is not reality to reality.

The big bang came from the singularity bright one. I have dismantled all your points and now you are left with a weak argument.

Have a nice day buddy.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

So because science can not predict the exact beginning of the big bang, then that theory is wrong also?

False. The big bang was 13.75 Ba.

Notice the word "approximate" in there?

Notice the error bars of .11 billion years.

10-20 billion years ago is the time frame given.

False. The time has been refined.

Unfortunately until science progresses we will not be able to know exactly when.

False. The measurement has been refined. Making reference to material which does not recognize this simply shows failure to properly research.

Unfortunately until science progresses we will not be able to know exactly when.

False. The TWZ is not a theory according to your definition. It is a construction based on McKennas personal numerological machinations. The I Ching usage is simply his effort to feign some importance to the TWZ.

PS The Leibnitz connection is ludicrous.

My decision was made due to the status he holds in this particular ancient group highly regarded for their art, architecture, mathematical and astronomical systems and contributions. The Mayans are not even a race. They would be an ethnic group.

Thanks for making it very clear that you are a racist. By the definition you posted you are a racist in which you claim some authority for this person due to their race. You might think that you are not a racist because you elevate some other person's stature. You are still a racist. You might think it is ok because they are not white. You are still a racist.

From your post history, I have already inferred that you are an old white guy.

More of your blatant racist attitude is revealed.

There were no "mistranslations"

I gave the mistranslation which you have refused to acknowledge. What do you find so painful about it?

They are the same, seeing as these beliefs are passed down. I would like you to point out specific examples proving this claim.

Please do.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Seriously, people who don't "get it" aresimply unable or unwilling. No point in fighting the brain damaged or personality disordered l.

It did start with Hiroshima. You guys don't comprehend that from there this fractal can be stretched to any start point, such as the big bang.

It doesn't even do a decent job of predicting, so why not chunk the theory?

Stars for morons by morons following the thread?

Weak ATS

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

The big bang came from the singularity bright one. I have dismantled all your points and now you are left with a weak argument.

All you have done is to demonstrate a lack of understanding of the issues at hand including the age of the universe. It is not over 20By old as the ridiculous plot suggests.

You have demonstrated strong racist attitudes as you claim that Don Allejandro is something other than his personal opinion.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

You guys don't comprehend that from there this fractal can be stretched to any start point, such as the big bang.

1. The TWZ is not fractal
2. The plot extrapolates to a point in time in which the universe did not exist. The time frame of the big bang is a not novel period.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

You have demonstrated strong racist attitudes as you claim that Don Allejandro is something other than his personal opinion.

The fact that he is a Mayan high priest does not change just because you are a racist and choose to ignore this fact.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

1. The TWZ is not fractal

Right, it's just called the "Fractal Time" software for the hell of it. The whole point of this theory is to demonstrate that time is a fractal.........how can you be commenting on this theory when you can not, and repeatedly fail, to grasp even the most basic concepts?

2. The plot extrapolates to a point in time in which the universe did not exist. The time frame of the big bang is a not novel period.

"Novelty" is a term used by McKenna to define periods of increasing organized complexity. The big bang was the defining point for novelty. Why do you keep ignoring this simple concept?

Here are just some added quotes for the hell of it. Try to keep up and sound the words out slowly.

the "revealed" axiom that all phenomena are at root constellated by a wave form which is the hierarchical summation of its constituent parts, morphogenetic patterns related to those in DNA. ... We argue that the theory of the hyperspatial nature of superconductive bonds, and the experiment we devised to test that theory, yielded ... a modular wave-hierarchy theory of the nature of time that we have been able to construe, using a particular mathematical treatment of the I Ching, into a general theory of systems, which illuminates the nature of time and organism and provides an idea model which explains the interconnection of physical and psychological phenomena from the submolecular to the macrocosmic level.

— Dennis and Terence McKenna, The Invisible Landscape, original (1975) edition, pp. 101-103

... and we have assumed the most recent such epoch to have begun in 1945. The end of World War II and the development of atomic weapons and their use in war are forms of novelty whose appearance attended the shift of epochs that created the post modern world. If our understanding is correct, then the same 67+-year cycle at, or near, the end of a 4300 year cycle will terminate around the year 2012 ...

— Op.cit., pp. 124

edit on 22-2-2012 by m0rphine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

The fact that he is a Mayan high priest does not change just because you are a racist and choose to ignore this fact.

Your defense of using this person because of his heritage is racist.

He is not a Mayanist. He is a local. His statements are not based on ancient Mayan concepts. He repeats modern New Age claims.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Your defense of using this person because of his heritage is racist.

He is not a Mayanist. He is a local. His statements are not based on ancient Mayan concepts. He repeats modern New Age claims.

I think you mean "New Age claims repeat ancient Mayan concepts" I am also not sure what a "Mayanist" is.

I am still waiting for you to provide facts as to how ancient Mayan concepts differ from the modern.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Right, it's just called the "Fractal Time" software for the hell of it. The whole point of this theory is to demonstrate that time is a fractal.........how can you be commenting on this theory when you can not, and repeatedly fail, to grasp even the most basic concepts?

TWZ is not fractal. Calling it fractal is a misnomer.

If you think it is fractal please provide the fractal dimension.

"Novelty" is a term used by McKenna to define periods of increasing organized complexity. The big bang was the defining point for novelty. Why do you keep ignoring this simple concept?

The plot you provided shows decreasing novelty for the big bang. It shows the plot extending before the big bang. The plot is a failure as is TWZ. What is so hard to understand?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

~1.1

The plot you provided shows decreasing novelty for the big bang. It shows the plot extending before the big bang. The plot is a failure as is TWZ. What is so hard to understand?

Upwards trends indicate a gradual increase in stability and organization while a downwards trend shows that new factors are influencing change. Comprende?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

By what measure did you get this wrong?

Please tell us all how you got this number?
edit on 22-2-2012 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I think you mean "New Age claims repeat ancient Mayan concepts" I am also not sure what a "Mayanist" is.

I am still waiting for you to provide facts as to how ancient Mayan concepts differ from the modern.

New Age claims are NOT based on the ancient Maya.
You have a dictionary look up the term.

A simple example is that the ancient Maya have no prophecies associated with the end of the long count calendar. New Agers claim there is.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

TWZ is not fractal. Calling it fractal is a misnomer.

I know you could search for the answers yourself if you wanted but your all about jumping up and down shouting fail. I know it doesnt matter how many times you get answers given to you, page 157 of this thread for instance, you will bang on with negitivity.

Here is someon elses wokings on fractal calendars. Were you not aware of this? Did you look for it? Do you care to find out for yourself? If you answer no to those questions then hang your head in shame and go troll somewhere else.

Don’t worry Im not expecting you to go anywhere and expect a smart arsed reply asking for more evidence whilst screaming TMZ as an utter failure. Rinse and Repeat :-)

Follow the link to read more
Some Possible Fractal Calendars

"A fractal , as defined by Benoit Mandelbrot (who coined the term) is a geometric object that is self-similar on many scales (like a cauliflower or coastline). A non-integer dimension can be attributed to a fractal.
The fractal dimension D of a geometric object can be computed by
D = ln(N) / ln(r) where N is the number of copies of the original being made r is the shrinking factor for each copy An example for this is the Koch curve. The original is a simple line of finite length. Then, in the first iteration, it is copied upon itself four times, N=4. The first and last third remain the same, the middle third is replace by two "thirds" with an 120 angle between them, thus forming a triangular "dent". Since each of the copies is a third of the length of the original, r=3.

Therefore D = ln(4) / ln(3) = ln(1.38629) / ln(1.09861) = 1.26186...

On each iteration, the line grows in length by 33.3 %. In other words, the mathematical Koch curve has infinite length but finite dimension greater than 1 (which lines normally have).
A fractal calendar could be based on such a generator pattern for self-similarity, starting or ending at a certain date.

Terence McKenna's Timewave is an example for this: an eschatological calendar (fixed end). It assigns a rational "novelty" value to each second, zero being maximal novelty. The fractal dimension of this calendar is 1.4308... = ln(384) / ln(64) (lunar year and number of I Ching hexagrams) . It is interesting if you employ the ten fingers and five Chinese elements you get ln(10) / ln(5) = 1.43068..., only 0.011 % percent off. There are many possibilities how that fractal might look."

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by coffeesniffer

You probably were aware of the following but chose to misrepresent fractals anyway.

1. TWZ is not self similar at many scales
2. TWZ is not constructed as the Koch curve example

The fractal dimension of this calendar is 1.4308... = ln(384) / ln(64) (lunar year and number of I Ching hexagrams)

False. You are plugging unrelated values into a formula and deriving garbage.

The TWZ is a polyline. Hence its fractal dimension is 1. It has the fractal dimension of a line.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You misinterpreted what I said, too!

I'm on your side, silly!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

TMZ is self similar on all scales, it resonates with increasing novelty and decreasing habit

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by coffeesniffer

TWZ is not self similar. Did you understand any of the material you posted and did not place in quotations?

If you zoom in on any part of the Koch curve you see more detail of the Koch curve. You can continue to zoom in and zoom in and never run out of more detailed Koch curve to view.

If you zoom in on any part of TWZ almost immediately all you see is a straight line that never ever changes. Hence the fractal dimension is 1.

All of this malarkey about resonating has nothing whatsoever to do with curve being fractal.

Next time try to understand the material you post and be sure to enclose it in quotes so that others know what you wrote and what you copied from others.

new topics

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join