It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timewave Zero - Countdown to Transition

page: 186
<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

That's right. The acolytes of TWZ do nothing more than worship this rather obvious failure.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

Despite all of the different graphs they have one thing in common - utter failure.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Stereo, will you stop mentioning the word failure? There are so many proven facts about the validity of the graph, resonances and much more...
At this time, the validity of the graph is ( should be ) out of question. It is correct. Full stop.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
Stereo, will you stop mentioning the word failure? There are so many proven facts about the validity of the graph, resonances and much more...
At this time, the validity of the graph is ( should be ) out of question. It is correct. Full stop.

"Out of the question"? You're kidding, right? The only reason it doesn't seem wrong for some people is because there's ALWAYS something "big" happening.

As has been said a thousand times before, the TWZ guys simply pain a bullseye after taking their shots...just before claiming that "OMG, it works!!"

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cecilofs

Originally posted by MrXYZIt's a DISCUSSION board where people with often opposing views discuss and present their case.

Yes I agree, discuss and present their case. Not say exactly the same thing over and over again ad nauseum without furthering the discussion at all but rather miring it in endless derailments

Well, if people continue to claim TWZ is working when it CLEARLY isn't...what do you expect? Of course rational people will continue to point out the failure that TWZ is

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Maybe you guys don't understand...If you continue defending your claim that timewave is a hoax, you are giving importance to the subject. Why don't you guys abandoned this thread if it will lead to nothing? Clearly there is something more...A real hoax would have been left empty of skeptics after a while, but no, we are always dealing with the same claim, despite all the posted proofs.
The day I won't see any skeptic on this thread is the day I will think you actually think the thread is worthless. You stay here, always, well, than the thread is worth following, because, you actually know this thread has value but you are not allowed to admit it.
Timewave Zero probably is watched by more people we can imagine. Never before a single thread has been full of " sit and debunk " people on this website. This attracts them because you want to convince the most people that there is nothing to see here. Yet, there is so much to see. Guys, you're late. This subject is aknowledged by thousands and thousands of people and pretty much everybody else doesn't post in here just to ignore you.
It would be better to make part of the transition instead of being against it.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cecilofs

Originally posted by MrXYZArgument from ignorance, also known as argumentum ad ignorantiam or "appeal to ignorance" (where "ignorance" stands for: "lack of evidence to the contrary"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false, it is "generally accepted" (or vice versa).

So hilarious because you didn't mention the "or vice versa". i.e. That it works both ways. i.e. That Sterologist is doing the exact same thing. i.e. Stereologist says "It can't be real because there's no evidence (that I personally accept)". It's "generally accepted" that none of this can be true, so it isn't. Mainstream science says this isn't how time works, so it can't be right.

In other words, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

No...stereo is saying it's all nonsense because it has been proven wrong. There's a ridiculous amount of blatantly wrong claims when it comes to TWZ, and THAT'S why people don't take it seriously if they bother to apply rationality and logic. It's not a mere lack of evidence, it's the fact that it's simply wrong

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Why don't you guys abandoned this thread if it will lead to nothing?

Because stereo, I, and others don't want gullible people being dumbed down by what is demonstrably a hogwash hypothesis. And I'm calling it a hypothesis because for it to be a theory it would require objective evidence as backup...which it simply doesn't have

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You guys have a freaking agenda. Stop denying it. Let's come to the facts. I repeat, you guys want to make sure that most people stay away from here, making them believe that them reading this thread is worthless and won't be useful for them. I personally won't change my opinion until I will have seen that on that determinate day nothing life-changing for humanity happens. My agenda is disclosing your aim to make people stay away.
My agenda is sincerity. Your agenda is a freaking mind-game.

edit on 20-2-2012 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
reply to post by MrXYZ

You guys have a freaking agenda. Stop denying it. Let's come to the facts. I repeat, you guys want to make sure that most people stay away from here, making them believe that them reading this thread is worthless and won't be useful for them. I personally won't change my opinion until I will have seen that on that determinate day nothing life-changing for humanity happens. My agenda is disclosing your aim to make people stay away.

The only "agenda" I have (can't speak for stereo) is that I want to promote logic and rationality...because that's an area where TWZ falls stunningly short.

You have all the right in the world to believe in that stuff, but at the same time I have the right to inform people that the entire thing isn't based on facts or objective evidence...and its predictions are often blatantly wrong to the point where it's clear that the entire hypothesis is nonsense.

It's called "healthy scepticism"

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is not a hoax. A hoax is something knowingly false portrayed as something that's an absolute truth.

McKenna was an intelligent man. Timewave Zero is not a method of predicting absolutes of the future, it is a mathematical method to give approximation to events that will shape the way humans behave and interact with our world. It is undeniable that each new technological achievement paves the way for faster learning and understanding at an exponential rate. McKenna has said himself that Dec 21st 2012 is not positively the end all be all, and that it is just a coincidence that the program coincided with Mayan predictions. He said whether it's in 2012, or 500 years from now, we will reach that point in our knowledge and understanding of the universe where our human consciousness will return to the source, and that these events are a way for the universe to connect the dots.

This website gives an overview of the theory for those who'd like to read about it and maybe understand it a little more before being so cynical.

wemustknow.net...

Please also watch all 5 parts of this interview with Terrence to grasp it better. It's worth while to watch it.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-2-2012 by m0rphine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by m0rphine

McKenna has said himself that Dec 21st 2012 is not positively the end all be all, and that it is just a coincidence that the program coincided with Mayan predictions.

What Mayan predictions? That whole 2012 nonsense is in the same boat as TWZ, because the Mayans never said anything's going to happen. The only thing that happens is that the Mayan calendar enters a new area, just like we do every year on December 31st...and just like the Chinese do with their calendar.

He said whether it's in 2012, or 500 years from now, we will reach that point in our knowledge and understanding of the universe where our human consciousness will return to the source, and that these events are a way for the universe to connect the dots.

The "events" on his graph are totally arbitrary...whatever "fits best" is used as a "novel" event. That's the whole issue with TWZ, it's an arbitrary system akin to painting a bullseye after shooting at a barn door.

This website gives an overview of the theory for those who'd like to read about it and maybe understand it a little more before being so cynical.

It's not about being cynical, it's about being rational and logical.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

That's really funny considering that TWZ has been a 100% failure.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

What Mayan predictions? That whole 2012 nonsense is in the same boat as TWZ, because the Mayans never said anything's going to happen. The only thing that happens is that the Mayan calendar enters a new area, just like we do every year on December 31st...and just like the Chinese do with their calendar.

I am not talking about doomsday predictions.
According to Mayan elders we are in the 4th period of the sun. December 21st 2012 marks the beginning of the 5th period of the sun and a supposed change in the collective perception of our reality that humans have experienced many times in the past. I was stating that McKenna said it was a coincidence that his TWZ coincided with this date, as he hadn't heard of the Mayans before this was created.

The "events" on his graph are totally arbitrary...whatever "fits best" is used as a "novel" event. That's the whole issue with TWZ, it's an arbitrary system akin to painting a bullseye after shooting at a barn door.

Did you even read the link or watch the interview?
McKenna didn't include any events on his time wave. It is strictly a graph that when plotted creates a fractal pattern. You are correct in events being arbitrary, and the events that people attribute to the graph are from their personal understanding. I don't think people should be trying to use the graph to predict specific events because that's not what it's meant for.

It's not about being cynical, it's about being rational and logical.

To give a rational, logical viewpoint, one must first fully comprehend what they are talking about. You can start with the links I've provided, although I have a feeling they will be ignored.

Many "new age" folks tend to misinterpret the use of this graph and end up portraying it as a nonsensical idea to rational people. McKenna was a very logical person.
edit on 20-2-2012 by m0rphine because: added a couple lines

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Maybe you guys don't understand...If you continue defending your claim that timewave is a hoax, you are giving importance to the subject.

I do understand that a call for censorship is one of the last attempts to save a dying topic.

Point out that TWZ is a 100% failure is not supporting this obvious failure.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

My agenda and others is point out the truth. Anyone can see for themselves that the few predictions that have been made for TWZ were all failures.

What is good here is that you have attempted to make predictions based on TWZ. That is something you should be proud of and it is a model for others to follow. Just because all of the predictions were failures is ok. Lots of ideas fail. There is nothing wrong about being wrong unless it is done in the face of overwhelming evidence against.

I certainly do not want people to shy away from this thread. I want them to see that you have at times made predictions. Those tests demonstrated that TWZ does not work.
edit on 20-2-2012 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

According to Mayan elders we are in the 4th period of the sun. December 21st 2012 marks the beginning of the 5th period of the sun and a supposed change in the collective perception of our reality that humans have experienced many times in the past.

The Mayans never said anything like that...it's PSEUDO-SCIENTISTS spreading that nonsense. Sadly enough gullible people fall for it, just like they fall for nonsense like a "galactic alignment" that funny enough happens once a year.

I was stating that McKenna said it was a coincidence that his TWZ coincided with this date, as he hadn't heard of the Mayans before this was created.

To get to his graph, he smoothed, and smoothed, and smoothed the data over and over and over again in a way that has no basis in logic or rationality. His entire graph is pure coincidence in the first place.

Did you even read the link or watch the interview? McKenna didn't include any events on his time wave. It is strictly a graph that when plotted creates a fractal pattern. You are correct in events being arbitrary, and the events that people attribute to the graph are from their personal understanding. I don't think people should be trying to use the graph to predict specific events because that's not what it's meant for.

But that's EXACTLY what a ton of people do...even though it's abundantly clear that this won't result in any reliable outcomes.

As for McKenna's TWZ and the Mayan calendar corresponding...they DON'T. Her plotted a graph using the Hiroshima bomb (also weird because it wasn't the first nuclear bomb either) as a basis for coming up with his "end date". Once he found the Mayan calendar enters a new cycle in December 2012 (as in: enters a new cycle...they never said anything about a change in human consciousness!!), he simply fiddled with the data to make it fit. And that's a great example of why TWZ is complete and utter nonsense, he and his followers simply fiddle with the data and assign random "events" to this thing to make it fit. No proof, no objective evidence, no rationality...and most certainly no logic.

To give a rational, logical viewpoint, one must first fully comprehend what they are talking about. You can start with the links I've provided, although I have a feeling they will be ignored. Many "new age" folks tend to misinterpret the use of this graph and end up portraying it as a nonsensical idea to rational people. McKenna was a very logical person.

I wouldn't call a person who claims a mushroom lead to homo sapiens "logical"

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The hoax is knowing what a failure it is and continuing to promote that fallacy. If McKenna is as smart as you claim then he knew TWZ was a failure. He promoted that failure hence it is a hoax.

It hardly takes any time to check to see if TWZ works or not. If McKenna is as smart as you claim then he must have known very quickly that it was no good. Thus it is a hoax.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I dont know anything about "TWZ" or anything but my question is why do you guys feel the need to be accepted so much?

If you believe what you believe why do you still need verification from others and feel the need to type it out?

If you feel the need to correct someone for their beliefs whether you can prove wrong or right (believers and debunkers) it shows more character issues than anything else.

Move on...

Find something else to debunk or prove is right. "TWZ" cant be the end of all questions. Why say NO NO NO NO or YES YES YES YES day after day after day.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by itsJUSTzo

This is a discussion. There are different viewpoints. This is not a one sided meeting. You are free to go wherever you choose to go. There are websites set up by the charlatans that encourage continuous brown nosing.

You are free to express your opinion on TWZ. If you have something to show that supports it or suggests otherwise please feel free to post it.

new topics

top topics

<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join