It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timewave Zero - Countdown to Transition

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hello,

I call myself John Keys, a.k.a. The Ursprachist, and I've been doing Timewave research for a couple of months. I've reached the following statements :

The I Ching is not only a map of time, but also a map of language. Therefore it may provide significant benefits for language generation technologies after adequately understood.

The I Ching is a map not only of human language, but also a map of genetic language. Therefore we notice isomorphism between the I Ching hexagrams , the natural amino acid synthesis processes and human mythology archetypes , as once noticed by Steve Krakowski.

In McLuhan's lingo , McKenna suffered from the line graph medium bias. In fact, there is no reason to graph the levenshtein distances between hexagrams as a line, as there are no intermediate continuous values between them. I maintain the view that this has lead McKenna to expand the wave vertically instead of horizontally, i.e. considering the graph ( x , y ) = ( hexagram number , F.O.D. ) he multiplied the y-axis instead of the x-axis.
I'd rather graph the F.O.D this way. I'll post my own TW-0 graph ( "Timewave Aleph", as I call it ) in a near future.

I'll develop these topics in further detail on the upcoming posts while we discuss the subject.
For now I'll just post a series of questions and answers in order to clarify certain things about the wave.

1. How to measure novelty?
This question has once been asked by Rupert Sheldrake as he pointed out one of the main flaws on the Timewave Zero : namely, that it requires a human observer's subjective measurements to determine and verify novelty values.
This answer attempts to repair this flaw.
The novelty N from variable X to Y is
N(X,Y) = H(X) - H(Y) = E(I(X)) - E(I(Y))
X and Y are discrete random variables. X has possible values [x1, ..., xn] and Y has possible values [y1, ... , yn].
H(X) is variable X ( Shannon's ) entropy.

1.1. What does McKenna mean by "I Ching's first order of difference (F.O.D.)"?

The number set of all the levenshtein distances between every two consecutive hexagrams.
The hexagrams 64 and 1 are consecutive, the hexagrams 1 and 2 are consecutive. That is, the sequence is cyclical.

1.2. What does the F.O.D. has to do with novelty?
Call the whole hexagram entropy H(X).
As
H(X) = - Sum[p(x_i)log[2 , p(x_i)], [1, n] ] ;
and
x_i = [x_1 , ... x_n ] ;
and
every x_i value is a string of six binary numbers ( i.e. an hexagram ) ;
every possible x_i value does not change the levenshtein distances ;
Then call the next hexagram entropy H(Y) and calculate N(X,Y) = H(X) - H(Y) .

Next questions :
2. How to map the King Wen sequence to a communications system?
2.1. Mapping the King Wen sequence to...
2.1.1. Genetic language
2.1.2. Human language : human culture ( the text )
2.1.3. Human language : human history ( the context )

John Keys,
" The Ursprachist "
www.theursprachist.blogspot.com / .tumblr.com / .posterous.com

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by theursprachist

Create your thread, than. This is the thread for the standard graph discussion.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
reply to post by MrXYZ

Another one said that a big event involving economy would go huge on October 7 2008. If you don't know, that's when the recession started, on THAT day.

Wrong. The market showed signs on Oct 1. It crashed on Oct, 6 2010. Timewave WAS off by 1 day.

Source: www.money-zine.com...
Second Paragraph.

Source 2: "The Black Week: Beginning October 6 and lasting all week the Dow Jones Industrial Average closed lower for all 5 sessions. Volume levels were also record breaking. The Dow Jones industrial average fell over 1,874 points, or 18%, in its worst weekly decline ever on both a point and percentage basis."

Link: en.wikipedia.org...
Forth Paragraph

I ask you a question....Z. Why in the time wave zero video debunked does the narrator make pose a very interesting question. Why are there absolutely no "EVENTS" on the left side of the graph? The only on is the tsunami and the tsunami was on an upward graph. Why should a mass death be an upward thing, shouldn't a MASS death be a decline in the graph? If you can fully answer that then maybe I'll believe in timewave zero. But my current status on TWZ is it proves nothing then just moving a graph left and right and plotting dates from the history library. It predicts nothing.
edit on 30-11-2010 by xweaponx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Create your thread, than. This is the thread for the standard graph discussion.

I cant ; I've got not enough posts yet. But I'll do so as soon as I get them.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Anyway, November 29 was my most synchronicistical day ever in my life...I would never imagine we were so connected to everybody and everything in the world...
Oh, and I got a new job, the person who asked me to accept a job because they desperately need someone has called me while I was sleeping...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Nothing special happened in my life yesterday at all. Quite boring actually.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx

You might not notice the syncronicities until later, when you join the dots from future events. Wait and see, yesterday may turn out to be more important than you imagined......

.....or maybe imagine how important it could be

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Dude, it is a process of change that lasts 63 days...I'm sure your life will get some change in all this time...

I want to indicate that:
- December 13 2010 resonates with a incident in a school in 1880s where hundreds of students died in a stampede
- December 14 2010 resonates with the eruption of Krakatoa in 1883...

On the old standard graph, the one the extreme change started on October 10 2010, December 12- 15 are the bottom of major novelty...
We will know if something happens, anyway, I'm still waiting for January 16-19 2011.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx

Sucks to be you!

Just kidding shadow...

Seriously though, Wobbly is right... even though your day might have been boring, that doesn't mean everyone else's was and also doesn't mean that you'll realize it the same day if there was something eventful that happened.

What if you get a check next week from Publisher's Clearing House for a million bucks and it's dated the same day as your boring day... would that be novelty occurring on that date? Certainly... but you wouldn't realize it and might not even figure out that it occurred on that day since you'd be too busy freaking out... but it would fit the paradigm being explained here.

Does this allow for just about any event to be chosen as novel? Yes, but you have to take all of the other things into considering besides just the graph.

My personal observation is that prior to the middle of this month, things seemed very habitual... the market was chugging along, unemployment numbers not changing, nothing out of the ordinary when you look at the world from the 30,000 foot view rather than inside the bubble of your own personal life. I'm not the only one who saw this. Then, right around the 2nd-3rd week of the month, things started changing, gradually at first, then with increasing speed and frequency. For example... unemployment numbers changed, GDP figures were revised, the Xmas tree bomber scare, the UPS and cargo flight terrorist dry-run, the spat between the Koreas, massive weather problems, the TSA, now Wikileaks.... need I go on? ALL of these things just HAPPEN to occur right around the same time and day after day, more keep happening?

As skeptical as I can be at times, I can't ignore that this is what is reflected on the Timewave. Whether or not this corresponds to astrological alignments that predict this kind of behavior, or it's all planned ahead of time by TPTB is irrelevant. It's not just me, but many people that also see this trend, and it matches perfectly to the Timewave. The simple fact that this perception by people, as explained above, is not just my idea or perception of reality, but is supported by a consensus of people, upholds novelty theory pretty well. How it works and why it could be correct are the questions that still burn... and it feels like we are very close to having those answered.

~Namaste
edit on 30-11-2010 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Today I created my personal novelty: I accepted a job all of a sudden and all of a sudden I decided I don't need my facebook profile anymore and I will close it...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I didn't follow any of the math you did, but the idea of the I-ching and Timewave being related to language and genetics is interesting. Would like to hear more so post up a link to your thread when you make it.

I couldn't see the link to the horizontal graph you are talking about (link broken) so I can't visualise what you mean by that.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Today I created my personal novelty: I accepted a job all of a sudden and all of a sudden I decided I don't need my facebook profile anymore and I will close it...

Just wondering you said you had a 'synchronicistical day ever' is that the reason you closed your facebook account? Why not this one also? Wouldn't these websites enhance the synchronicity with everyone/everything around you? TWZ seems to point to that right?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cecilofs

I didn't follow any of the math you did, but the idea of the I-ching and Timewave being related to language and genetics is interesting. Would like to hear more so post up a link to your thread when you make it.

I couldn't see the link to the horizontal graph you are talking about (link broken) so I can't visualise what you mean by that.

I'll try to explain my ideas more informally. Sorry for doing what coders may call premature optimization.

I suspect that Saussere's " signifier -> signified " concept ( i.e. , Robert Anton Wilson's " territory -> map " and " reality-tunnel " concepts , "words mean real objects" idea ) holds no validity when we want to formalize language. Human and genetic language, once formalized, will allow artificial language generation - natural and genetic - to reach yet unexplored domains.

I maintain the view that meaning arises not from the observation of reality , but solely from a certain well-defined pattern on probability oscillations from word to word that meaningful text obeys. For instance, suppose someone ways "Good-" when he first sees you. "good-" was not a very probable starting : he could have said "Hello", "Hi", "What's up", among others. But the next word is almost surely and very probably either "morning" , "evening" or "night". The oscillation in probability that occurs from "Good" to "morning" obeys a cyclical pattern of oscillation in probability values between two words. The same goes for the whole conversation.

( "Goodbye" is among the least likely combinations, and that will trigger a humorous effect for sure. Humor and art remain as ever-standing efforts to recognize the guiding principles of language by violating them. They redefine word probability oscillation values for future language activities accordingly to the guiding pattern standing behind meaning - what the chinese called the Tao. Artists are responsible for keeping language alive. )

The I Ching outlines this pattern, this Tao. The aminoacid interconversion processes, the symbolism of hebrew letters as presented by the Liber 777 ( and extendable through comparative mythological studies ) also talk about our ursprach. Steve Krakowski did a great job by joining up these four maps of language : the hexagrams, the aminoacids, the hebrew alphabet, the mythology. [ See it here , and here , and here , and here ]

I've always entertained the funny idea that the timewave zero would become a self-fulfilling prophecy. That somehow the secret that would trigger the great 2012 novelty was already written inside the wave. This seems to actually be the case : we notice the ur-language , the assembly code of the high-level languages we speak today inside the I Ching.

One may ask me why would these primitive people ever conceive of something like this. Well, sometime shortly after the birth of language, a human being could still know all of human speech. When you've got the whole language inside your head , its guiding principles become immediately clear. The Chinese genius wrote them on the I Ching, while other prehistorical people's insights survived on shamanic songs like the Kalevala.

As human language expanded, it became impossible for a person to know all of it , and therefore man forgot the guiding principles of language. The myths of the Fall of Man and the Tower of Babel , the flood myths , the Gilgamesh myth -- they refer to this episode. Man went on a condition of perpetual anxiety and fear of the future, generating the event we know as History.

However, History will end on 2012 when a system ( that is, the Internet and the tools built around it ) will again embody all ( or at least, sufficiently enough ) of human language. Then it will deliver the same guiding principles found by the prehistorical shaman : but instead of writing them down or singing them, the Internet will use its technological power to artificially generate language and thinking.

When I say "the Internet" I mean "us , here , now , and growing , growing , growing.". It's our task to create new languages, to put new symbols on the web and look out for patterns in all this data.

For this while I'll play with NLP tools ( NLTK , Emacs Speaks Statistics , MontyLingua , and so on ) and see what happens.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I think you are on to something, thats for sure.

Mckenna also gave language a priority(described in his '___' recollections for example)

I don't think he ever made the connection to language like you have...but it is genius.

Which goes to show that 2012 is all about our perception of the world... and perception is primarily facilitated and communicated through word language.

Come to think of it, Mckenna may have suggested that 2012 represented a paradigm shift of language towards more visually oriented.

I just got done reading Bourdieu's essay The Production and Reproduction of Legitimate Language(seen in my signature
)

Which leads me to suggest that perhaps there is a social aspect to the language factor in the Timewave dialectic... namely that the social structure of the global society is changing, along with the 'legitimate' language of the vast majority of people now.

The internet has changed the social structure of language, akin to a reverse Tower of Babel scenario...

I am musing now...

Would love to help you get your 20 posts in. I really want to discuss further your ideas for applying ideas in the philosophy of language to the topic of some kind of Timewave structure.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

didn't you read page 121-122? Timewave Zero can't be called a hoax, and of course it cannot be called this way, because we are not in 2013 YET, if people do realize

No one has explained how to test TWZ. All I see is unverifiable testing of this hoax. A number of predictions about this "thing" have been recently made. You claim that there will be resonating dates, whatever that means.

He changed the calculations and I can say it is truly the best fitting with events in history.

I simply don't believe your claim. You and others have made it clear that you can't even measure what novelty is, yet you claim it works. That's contradictory.

A fallacy is that TWZ can't be debunked until Christmas 2012. When that date comes you'll still be playing the conman's game of please wait and see.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Novelty is connectivity too...Connection between people, " people thinking about the same thing " and MJ death was on the mouth of everybody on Earth, even if YOU think he was a piece of garbage, you can't deny this.

Novelty is a monotone signal? You claimed that novelty is not measurable and yet you come up with all sorts of excuses about what is novelty.

So lots of people watching sporting events is novelty? Lots of people watching TV is a novelty?

That makes Chinese watching their Spring Festival Gala a superb novelty. Between 700 and 1000 million people watch the show all together. That beats MJ's drug death a minor event, unless of course novelty is relegated to things you like.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bargoose

The graph is not fractal. It has no fractal qualities.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Apologies this isn't strictly relevant to the Timewave, but it is related.

Very interesting idea. McKenna actually did talk about language, though he believed that language was created by human ingestion of psychedelics (which he believed allowed us to contact an alien mind). He advocated ingesting psychedelics to further evolve human language.

In "Alien Dreamtime" he talks about how through taking '___' he came to believe that the words and meaning in language were "unhooked" or independant of each other. He said that "the real secret of magic is that the world is made of words and if you know the words the world is made of, you can make of it what you will".

I hadn't interpreted that in the same way you have, but it certainly fits with what you are saying.

The way I look at it is a universal language. That seems to be what you are saying unless I have misunderstood. I think of the Shamanic concept of Intent as this universal language - i.e. that the words themselves mean nothing but it is the intent behind which gives it meaning.

I wonder if you could understand or "hear" this universal language wether you could understand people speaking a different tongue to you.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

See link 1 , link 2 , link 3 , link 4 , link 5 and link 6.

"resonating dates" are simply dates 64 days apart, 64 * 6 days apart, 64 * 6 * 64 days apart, 64 * 6 * 64 * 64 days apart , 64 * 6 * 64 * 64 * 6 days apart, 64 * 6 * 64 64 * 6 * 64 days apart, and so on.

"resonanting dates" are also dates 64/64 days apart, 64/(64 * 6 ) days apart, 64/(64 * 6 * 64 ) days apart, 64/( 64 * 6 * 64 * 64 ) days apart , 64/( 64 * 6 * 64 * 64 * 6 ) days apart , 64/( 64 * 6 * 64 * 64 * 6 * 64 ) days apart, and so on [ link 7 ] [ link 8 ].

How to measure novelty :
Measure shannon's entropy inside a communications system in a moment X. Then measure it again in a moment Y. entropy Y - entropy X = novelty. [ link 9 ]

McKenna did not graph the Wave as a fractal. He suffered from the line graph medium bias, i.e. the line graph design induced him to multiply the wave values along the y-axis ( Novelty axis ) instead of the x-axis ( Time axis ). I'd rather graph the wave this way : [link 10] [link 11].

reply to post by Cecilofs

We achieve surprising insights on the origins of language when we match McKenna's Stoned Ape Theory [link 12] with Leonard Shlain's ideas delivered in his "Big O Lecture". [link 13] ( see my attempt here : [link 14] ) .

Mckenna defines visible language as meaning without context ( see here : [ link 15 ] or [ link 16 ] ) . Stating it more clearly, the inner workings of language become obvious under the psilocybin medium to such a degree that it becomes possible to convey meaning through glossolalia, and this meaning becomes so well-defined to the person listening that he perceives it as arriving on the visual field.

We know that word meaning depends solely on word frequency , or better yet , on phoneme frequency. Therefore , I perceive certain word meanings differently from you because I've exposed myself to certain words more frequently than you did. When I change the frequency in which I expose myself to words , we name this frequency variation as novelty.

( The equation "entropy Y - entropy X = novelty" or its shorthand N = ΔH means exactly the same as the previous paragraph. After all, Shannon's entropy is H(X) = -Σp(x)logp(x), and p(x) = f(n) / n if f(n) is word frequency and n is number of words that may occur inside the communications system. )

A human child must expose himself to words for several years ( most countries say 18 or 21 years at least ) until he can sufficiently grasp how word frequency relates to meaning. If the psilocybin medium allows us to notice how word frequency produces meaning immediately as we speak , then we must scientifically investigate the teonanácatl technology through trial-and-error exposure to glossolalia.

I suggest we design glossolalia phoneme frequencies accordingly to Timewave Aleph values. That is, if we define levenshtein distances as ranges for phoneme frequencies ( range 6~5 = least frequent phonemes and phoneme sequencies = range [0,1/6] = [0%, 16,5% ] ; range 5~6 = range [1/6,2/6] = [16,5%,33%], and so on ) , then every phoneme ought to follow variations in levenshtein distances along scale 1, and every 64 phonemes ought to follow scale a, every 64 * 6 phonemes ought to follow scale b, and so on.

I hypothesize this may yield anything going from mere amusement to time travel and the obsolecence of our languages. However, historical evidence points out that the chances something actually serious will happen through these experiments are not near zero. In fact, we've found surprising evidence that human languages as we speak them today may have played a secondary role on human communication in the past. On this subject, the Cult of Eleusis [ link 17 ] [ link 18 ] [ link 19 ] becomes very relevant, just as the Mayan teonanácatl tradition [ link 20 ]. Every society that developed a symbiotic relationship with entheogenic tools had very sophisticated models of human language, like greek mythology , the tzolk'in and the I Ching. As I told you once before, all these maps hold isomorphic relationships between themselves. They all arise from the same experience.

reply to post by beebs

We very often ignore that the only effort to apprehend all of human language we take for seriously today - the Internet - became possible only because the insights that made it possible arrived to us from ancient traditions, and therefore we must understand the very beginning of history if we want to understand its ending now , for the future generations will again embody the modes of perception and social organization that once were set in place before History began : the giganti divine Viconian age of metaphor ( See Giambattista Vico ) ; the reverse Tower of Babel scenario decipted in Zephaniah 3:8, the only biblical verse that contains all hebrew letters and their five final forms. Binary arrived as part of Leibniz yijing-inspired efforts towards his characteristica universalis. Modern mathematics relevant to computers discends from Ramon Lull wheels and Giordano Bruno's ars memorativa ( see Frances Yates ) : hermeticism and gnosticism, traditions influenced by the Jesus mushroom cult ( see J. Marco Allegro ) and the Qabalah, inspired both. The hermetic tradition includes alchemy, science's forerunner. Today people locked up in labs create the homunculus , google becomes the djinn, and all alchemical flights of the fancy become trivial. All of western thinking is a footnote to Plato is a footnote to Socrates is a footnote to Eleusis is a footnote to the Logos.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by bargoose

The graph is not fractal. It has no fractal qualities.

I think it is fractal. If a small section is taken and exploded, it's a replica of the whole graph. I don't know all the ins and outs of it, but if you research it you'll find it is fractal but has been laid out in linear fashion for analytical purposes.

top topics

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join