It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneale: Obama's 'Ridiculous' Promise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Yesterday I was watching the CNBC programs and I remember this interview with Kneale, he was telling everybody that Obama was promising too much and most he would not be able to deliver.

Why? because his promises of not raising taxes is nothing but a lie below 250,000 thousand income.

I agree with him, in the economic crisis we have is not way that Obama can promise all the spending he is promising to pay for programs including the gargantuan 1 trillion start up Health care without raising taxes to everybody in the nation.

President Obama is about to learn the unpleasant risks of trying to please most all of the people all of the time.

He promised to forgo tax hikes for anyone earning less than $250,000 a year and to cut taxes for 95 percent of Americans. It was "a ridiculous promise," David Walker, the former chief of the Government Accountability Office, declared on "Squawk Box" this morning (watch video below). He added, speaking of President Obama:

www.cnbc.com...

A lot of people have not clue that with the deficit we have right now is not money to finance all the goodies Obama is promising.

Either he will raise taxes to everybody that regardless of tax income bracket or he will just let his promises die.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

So obama lied, I never expected anything else.He is a fraud and a huckster and half this country bought into his con game.Why?Please some one tell the truth why did we elect this "man"

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Honestly, our deficit is so large right now that raising taxes isn't going to do anything either. If we tax people, we take their money and throw it into the abyss. If we don't tax people, we take their great grandchildren's (or great great great....grandchildren) money and throw it into the abyss. There is no way we are paying back this debt, taxes or no taxes. At least in our current state, people still have a little bit of disposable income to keep the economy grinding along. Tax the snot out of us and it's all over.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Yes you are right and that is what I been saying all this time, our deficit is bigger that the government is telling, and Obama has been right about been unsustainable.

But taxes is the only way that government can think that they are going fix the problem with.

But is a bigger problem, the unemployment rate is already becoming a crisis by itself in the nation.

And the promised job growth that Obama has been claiming to bring is nothing but that a promise also.

Now he has gone from promising jobs to trying to avoid more job loses.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

But taxes is the only way that government can think that they are going fix the problem with.
well they can't support the real solution witch is less government because that would endanger their species the government is a living entity and the sooner we accept that the sooner we can combat it.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

I have noticed that rather than cutting government Obama has already increased government since he has been in the white house, so that means they have not desire to stop that trend.

Neither the defense budget, still cutting on the nations programs and reforming services is what they concentration has been.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

That's what Democrats do when they get into office. They expand the role of government. It's a core difference from the belief of Republicans who believe in smaller government with a limited role.

But you all knew this before the election. So if you voted for Obama, why in the world did you expect anything different? I mean come on, seriously!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
And to any of you that voted for this charlatan,

How's the hope and change working out for you?
How's the stimulus working out for you?
How are the bailouts working out for you?
How's the new "transparency working out for you?

Impeachment is the only partial answer.......

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I don't think there are any grounds for impeachment, at least not yet - that's reserved for unethical behavior(s) that can be proven. And Congress would have to back it. So far he's broken a lot of his campaign promises, which you could argue is typical for a politician.

What makes it different for Obama is people insisted he wasn't a typical politician and that he was different - he was the one that was going to change everything for the better. Obama is proving that he is a typical politician. The only difference was that he didn't have much experience being a typical politician at first, but with each passing day he gets more and more experienced at it. And instead of taking the high road like so many of his now-disappointed voters expected him to do, he's breaking campaign promises and settling into the role of a typical Democratic president.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

You are correct, nothing yet...people must be looking, try registering the impeachobama.com domain!!

I just try to drop the seeds of discontent wherever I can, because even an attorney that specializes in constitutional law can screw up....

I might add, there are many who wonder how he got elected......Today, in a WalMart parking lot, I saw a black woman wearing a "Barack Rocks" tshirt....So, I stopped and asked her if I could ask her a question. I asked her, "why did you vote for Obama?" she said, "because he's black".

So, I then asked her, with our country like it is 5 months later, why do you still support him?" Her answer was, "because he's black"

nuff said.........

[edit on 16-6-2009 by habu71]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

You've been on ATS long enough to know that neither political party has a difference. Republican or Democrat, they are all snobby politicians, and your just as bad as the Obamaniacs for your support and defense of the rupublican party over and over again, something you've come to be known for on ATS.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I agree, both parties has gone crazy when it comes to making government bigger.

Obama right now has not desire to limit government at all. Bush during his presidency did not followed the Republican believes of small government.

top topics

join