It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Smokers Suck

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
The interesting thing I've found about anti smokers is that (as a group) they are extremely hostile and condescending.
They don't seem to see smokers as fellow humans who have a vice but as enemies to be attacked and ridiculed.
Most of the anti smokers I know have their own problems, vices and issues yet seem to think that they are beyond reproach because they are on the moral high ground of hating people who use tobacco.

Where does the deep seated hostility come from?

Absolutely spot on!

You couldn't be closer to the truth, as shown in the replies I've recieved in this thread anti smokers tend to think for some reasons smokers are having a personal attack against them.

They also seem to think that theyre above us smokers because we smoke and they do not. They tend to assume we are weak minded individuals because we give in to a habit but at the same time will not discuss any weaknesses or addictions they have themselves.

Completely hypocritical behaviour.

Like I was trying to say to RogerT, at the end of the day if they (anti smokers) were so perfect maybe I would accept a little more of their criticism but when they have problems themselves and are just as bad as smokers in other ways I definately will not.

As I have said if people don't want to smoke then don't, if you don't want to smell or inhale it then don't sit near me.

Do not, however, tell me that I cannot smoke or where I can smoke or that you pity me.

[edit on 22/6/09 by Death_Kron]

[edit on 22/6/09 by Death_Kron]

<< 1  2   >>

join