It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are God

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I sort of gringe to respond to the topic "We Are God"... Despite the plausible nature of the collective conscious part, I will have to say that we humans are not Gods. If we were, we would have solved the worlds economic and resource issues. We have finite resources on this planet, so until we get into space we are like... crapping in our own backyards.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
I sort of gringe to respond to the topic "We Are God"... Despite the plausible nature of the collective conscious part, I will have to say that we humans are not Gods. If we were, we would have solved the worlds economic and resource issues. We have finite resources on this planet, so until we get into space we are like... crapping in our own backyards.

I think you're basing your response on the traditional view of God as being master and creator, the 'God' in this topic is more a metaphoric collaboration of thoughts and less to do with any human qualities.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
I'm rather fond of it, but I'm suspicious of explanations for anything that are based on mind. They violate the Copernican Principle, a scientific axiom that can be summed up in the words 'you ain't special'. It's a big universe out there. Frankly, I don't think we - even in collaboration with trillions of other sentient beings strewn among the galaxies - could possibly have created it.

Very true, what about 'creating', as in, we are in the process of doing so?

I dont think we're special either, but it still does not mean (in my mind) that we serve no purpose and have no 'input' into our surroundings.

Thanks for the informative post.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Sounds like to me you trying to define what God is. A God is a collaboration of thoughts?? Probably all that and more. Capital G is the creator in my book. Any other ideas or concepts should get a new name or be described in the manner in which you did. Just my opinion that many humans are pieces of crap and collaborative thoughts are like white-noise much of the time. For example, take any large thread here on ATS... Viewing any topic with 200+ post is like going fishing for info. We tend to make things hard on ourselves and give up control to people who dont have a clue.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

My opinion: We ARE God, but the vast majority of us don't know how to act and think like God. That's what's causing the mess to happen.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Good thread.

I believe all is God.
Some choose to know what God is and some choose to
know what God is not.

But all is still God.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

But there are many grapes emerging in the vinyard, and hopefull, at some point, we'll reach a critical mass of God consciousness, an Omegapoint if you will..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I think of God as the sum of it's parts. The universe conscious of itself. Even if the highest form of consciousness is human, the universe is still conscious of itself through us.

We are connected to every piece of matter in the universe via gravity, no matter how small or distant. At a very deep unconscious level we are aware of this connection. Unconsciously, we're one mind. Like many processors with a single focus.

Consciously we perceive time in a linear fashion. Unconsciously we perceive time non-linearly. Put all conscious minds (past and future) together and you have the unconscious mind. The uni-mind. The God perspective.

Now consider this: If we're connected to every piece of information that currently exists at an unconscious level, imagine how we might perceive reality if we were consciously connected. I think this is where we are headed. It's a logical progression of awareness. However once we reach the singularity we're not finished. Life is a constant feedback loop of creating and experiencing with no limitations except that which we impose upon ourselves. And lets face it, if we all knew this we would try to break any perceived limitations right away. Why should a variable be 'true' or 'false' when it can be both?

Co-creating is as simple as combining two thoughts in your mind to form a new thought. If you think about it, nothing in life really surprises us. Everything we experience is a combination of previous experiences. Absolutely everything in our awareness is connected to everything else we are aware of by association. Observe the fibonacci sequence. It starts with 1 and never ends. A constant combining of knowledge to create new knowledge. First the idea exists, then it's manifest. Time is no obstacle either.

Only free-will hinders us, ironically. You can't become superman yet because many of the other people who share this reality aren't yet ready to accept that as a possibility. As a result we remain grounded except in our personal realities which we call dreams... for now anyway.

As for the Devil... Any claim that suggest God is somehow separate from it's creation is a breach in logic. If you think God is separate from it's creation, then we aren't talking about the same God. Evil has a purpose too after all. Good wouldn't exist without it. Besides, if we didn't allow ourselves to experience every possibility, we wouldn't learn as much. The pain we experience in our lives is temporary, but the information gained is eternal.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by ArtMonte]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
That is why hatred for another person is never constructive. Deep down, it is self-hatred.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArtMonte

Only free-will hinders us, ironically. You can't become superman yet because many of the other people who share this reality aren't yet ready to accept that as a possibility. As a result we remain grounded except in our personal realities which we call dreams... for now anyway.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by ArtMonte]

Your post is very informative, however i tend to disagree on this point. Whats to stop me from becoming superman? Just because others might not be happy with their lives there is no reason why me being a superman is impossible in every aspect of the theory.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
If the reality within which we are emersed is that of God as a collective consciousness, then that's true I would imagine about the collective belief in the possibility of a superman. There are many phenomenon which used to happen, and which do not occur any more, as a direct result of a change in the collective belief landscape or expectation matrix of possibility. I think it's important that we all start to believe again in the realm of limitless possibility, not for fairies to show up, but so that the human being can triumph over his own lower self and at long last embark upon the path of real progress towards perfection. There are signs this may be starting to happen, and that we are all supermen waiting in the wings for enough people to believe in us, and through us, in them also.
If true, this model would suggest that three people, working together in a spirit of absolute harmony, to realize a definite purpose, could change the world and bring about the omegapoint of a global transformation.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
We are not god, as understood in normal way from the monotheistic traditions.

But we are all part of one still as such.

EVERYTHING is Mind or a projection of it.

There is no beginning or end to Mind, and the Universal mind we all share and are part of.

We forget like a thought seems differant or separate from You, when you think something it appears to have its own existense, its own tangibility, but surely it has just manifested and risen up from your mind, but then if it was your mind, that is your mind was actually just made up fro your thoughts, that would mean anyone who has ever had a Evil thought... Like us all everyone, is therefore Evil, or anyone who has ever had a saintly thought.... like us all Is a saint to... anyone who has ever had a depressive thought is therefore depressed...

So how can they be happy now?

Dirty water or clean water like good and bad thoughts may clean or pollute the inside of the jar they are in (our own mind), but can never affect the outside of the vessel (universal mind) to use a bad analogy.

It is this seperateness but sameness and arising from, that is thoughts and your mind, that is the small picture to,how there is just one universal Mind, and our minds as such are like the thoughts of this universal mind, in a similar way to how thoughts are part of our minds, but seperate, arise out of but have no solid and everlasting reality/form in themselves.

At the basis of all this, is that we forget we are all in fact this universal mind, and dont realise it or access it, we are like blindfolded fools stumbling about in the sunshine, but many dont even make any effort to take of the blindfold to see properly. Meditation seems to be the way from personal experience and historical records to....

So guys life is short, stop reading chatting about, try and have a look and today spend 5 mns watching your thoughts arise and fall, are they you?

Are they seperate?

Where do they come from?

And go?

What is their color and smell?

Where do thet start and stop in space and time?

Enjoy

Elf.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
EVERYTHING is Mind or a projection of it... Enjoy.

The biggest philosphical argument ever (and I do mean ever) is whether mind makes the world or vice versa. It's been going on for centuries. I happen to take the opposite part from you: I believe the world makes mind. I agree with you that thoughts are insubstantial - they are in my view nothing but projections, the reflection in consciousness of our acts, which are decided for us far beyond our power to affect them. Thus you think as you do, and I as I do, because neither of us can think otherwise. And if we come to change our views, that, too, is foreordained. Mind is a projection of body, consciousness is just a sideshow and free will an illusion.

Some will say, 'how can free will be an illusion? See, I am going to move my fingers. Look!' And move their fingers, and hold that thus they prove free will. I say both prediction and the fulfilment were foreordained.

It is written, as the Muslims say.

What do you say?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
Your post is very informative, however i tend to disagree on this point. Whats to stop me from becoming superman? Just because others might not be happy with their lives there is no reason why me being a superman is impossible in every aspect of the theory.

The only way I know around the free-will obstacle is by connecting the idea to physics in such a way as to be understood. If the logic is solid no amount of denial will make it go away. Just believing in something really strongly doesn't seem to do the trick... at least not on this rock.

When we do start flying around like superman, it'll be completely believable. Right now we can use a jet pack, but those aren't particularly intuitive, or safe.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yes, in so many words, I believe we are God. Everything began from a thought, the thought focused and became the light, the light/energy then creating the dimensions and illuminating the beautiful hologram we call life.

More simply; God becomes man and man becomes God. The progression of the soul from source, through the holograms to learn about soul self, and then back again to source.

And then I believe it starts all over again.

I'm in a weird mood tonite!

[edit on 19-6-2009 by blujay]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Yes, we are god. I had a vision and the first words out of my mouth were - I am god and I am arguing with myself.

Or as Jesus would say:

John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

But you must understand the difference between father and son. You are in the son perspective. You are not in the father/god perspective. So there is that which is much greater than anyone single one of us.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

These 2 posts describe this relationship and how things work.

Jesus taught these things as well. Although obviously within the understanding of the time. I'm sure he would have loved to have computers and such where people could create things based only on words as a way of showing people what creation is, and why it is different from consciousness(which creates the logic).

Coincidence that in the beginning there was the word that created the universe and programs create laws and such with words/logic? Coincidence that a program doesn't come alive until there is a consciousness there to observe it, and the spirit of the Lord filling creation to bring it to life? Not in my opinion.

Sins are sins "against" god, because when you kill or do a person wrong, you are doing it to the father that is within them.

People like to say this kind of talk is satanic. But the satanic view is that only he is god, and that everyone else is not. Which is what religions generally build and tell people. Thus, the anti-christ, and a people hidden from the truth.

People also say that Jesus is that, but you are not. But yet Jesus says all that he does you can do and more. If Jesus does it because he is "god", and you can do that and more, then what does that say of you? Also in John 14:20.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

if the world makes the mind how do you explain that an observer changes the out come of an experiment simply by watching it. i refer to the double slit experiment.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Just playing Devil's Advocate... There is a saying in martial arts and meditation that states, "Where the mind goes, the body will follow". In a universe that is the product of a collective consciousness, we will witness the creation born of the limits of "our" imagination.

Evolution? Created as a evidence to support our need to understand where we came from. The evolutionary theory has gained credence through science which in itself has evolved from humble beginnings.

In an amorphous universe defined soley by the imaginings of beings such as ourselves, everything will be as we are willing to comprehend. The fact that there are disparate views does not change the predominance of belief in any single idea at any single moment.

For instance, just as we are assured that the Earth is a (near) sphere, so the peoples of a few centuries ago believed that the Earth was flat with equal vigour. Evidence to support the popular theory was simply created by the collective consciousness to support the theory hence the Earth became a sphere once we had the capability to accept it.

We only experience the universe through our sense so it is not possible to determine what happens when experience is not under cognition. No matter which way you argue it, this model is valid - although arguing about it is ultimately pointless since no proof to the opposite can be obtained.

The point of discovery is enough to create the evidence.

Just playing Devil's Advocate, of course...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtMonte
The only way I know around the free-will obstacle is by connecting the idea to physics in such a way as to be understood. If the logic is solid no amount of denial will make it go away. Just believing in something really strongly doesn't seem to do the trick... at least not on this rock.

A man or woman after my own heart, I think.

I hope that isn't considered a one-liner that adds nothing to the thread.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

Hello again, lady with the hairy avatar. I am an atheist, but in a metaphorical sense you are absolutely right.

Only I believe it all happens between a pair of ears - yours, mine, Skeptic Overlord's...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join