It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are God

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This could become really complex, if discussed in its entirety. The wording of this thread could be wrong in some people's eyes, but i want to think of a possible theory, a layman's theory, not entirely atheistic, but using basic human reason to explain what we are and what we're living in.

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

What if we're subconsciously creating our own universe, our own surrounding, possibly with or without other life forms in the universe? Scientific study is slowly beginning to express the power of collective consciousness, lets apply this to a larger scale.

Just think about it for one second, i mean, really give it a chance. If we're creating our universe, our thoughts, expanding in depth just as the universe is speeding up in growth, is the driving force behind our environment. Hence, if we are creating our environment, our universe, we are god.

I know what some will say, who created us in the first place then? I guess you can fill that part in however you want.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
All of the religious and mystical traditions, including a deep mystical interpretation of Christianity supports this contention, and modern science too with David Bohm's Holographic Universe, but I still say that we are PART OF God, where God is the totality of universal consciousness, which could be thought of as a collective consciousness. But the quantum holographic idea goes even further, by suggesting that everything is conscious in one way or another and that therefore, everything is, consciousness itself, God consciousness, which is all pervasive and infinitely intelligent and self aware, and "we" are evolving towards the infinite, always and forever.

At the root of the parable of the Good Samaritan, resides the idea that we are all one and that compassion is the highest ideal, and the cross of Jesus Christ expresses the same thing.

And it is also true that a drop of water needn't be differentiated from the ocean of it's source.. so in that sense, yeah, we are God. So now the question then arises, what committments and obligations do we have therefore, to our fellow man and "who is my neighbor?"

Because we are God, and a part of God, because of that, it is no less important to love neighbor as self, as it is to love God above all. This is the heart of the law and the prophets, as illuminated by Jesus to the lawyer in The Parable of the Good Samaritan.

Is it the answer to the question "why?" the answer being, because I love you.

Why is there something and not nothing? Because I love you. Who is "I" is a mystery, and thus, it's in the exploration of the other, in love, which gives meaning and purpose to life.

Great OP! S&F'd

[edit on 16-6-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Thanks for the amazing insight!

Yes, of course, i also believe that we are One, then if we are one we must of course not pervert or abuse those things that are a part of us.

Where are meant to, though, derive these commitments and obligations from, not taking into account the "word of God" in the Bible, i see no divine presence giving us direction. I suppose its up to us then, and if it is, if it is up to us to figure out that love is the key to anything and everything; violence and war must be a part of the learning process, must it not? Does someone have to harm one neighbor and watch him leave in order to learn to treat his other neighbor nicely in order to keep him around as a companion?

So i suppose you could be right. The "I" might not be that much of a mystery, look at is as a cycle, are we not then giving meaning to each other, in a cycle, with love or hate? Isn't the "I", the "all", the "one", giving meaning to everything once again?

What if the 'Kingdom of Heaven' is the state of the infinite, where we have achieved our aims, we have learnt to recognize our unity and appreciation for each other. You think there will ever be a stage where we truly understand who we are, and since we are God, would this not mean that our ultimate aim is to understand the Mind of God, i.e ourselves?

I despise my brain for having the nerve to take me to these thoughts sometimes, honestly!

Peace.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I tend to look at the God concept as like a voluntary cooperative of consciousness helping the individualised parts to experience what is needed/wanted in this lifetime. Not sure if LOVE is the only good way to go by the way. I mean if everyone just loves everyone it would be boring and nobody would learn how it is to life without love. And thinking that above this 3th dimension there is a whole range of dimensions all emmerged in love and positivity it may not be the goal of this dimension to change into a non-dual experience. Sure, individually it could be the case and the trick may be for those on the positive path to be positive even when faced with rampant negativity and misguided people just trying to pick a fight or slap someone in submission.

We may be splinters of god and the totallity of consciousnes makes up our 'god' that makes it possible to do what is needed for experiencing desolation. I'm sure that even if we would blow up the planet and eat babies for fun it would still be ok in the long run. Although i do hope very much it doesn't come to that obviously

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Love has to be the way to go, i really do hate sounding so direct as im a very open minded person. All our actions, as human beings are done under 2 emotions, love or hate. All other emotions stem of from these, i doubt our goal as a species is to experience a 'oneness of hate', im not trying to mock you by the way, hopefully its not coming across like that. I just based my post on that idea, of human emotion.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I cant figure out what is missing, what dont we see in this mix of lies and wrong teachings..

Hmmm....If single sentence (universe) started some where and some time, it must as I see it stop in the other end at the end of the life span of this universe, what is the universe? Is it an void of nothing but sparks after an 'detonation' some where ? is is a spherical or cylindrical ?

But, what is outside it ? and is there more universes then what is between them ?

Ok, send me an pm when you figure it out .. Takker og bukker !

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
Love has to be the way to go, i really do hate sounding so direct as im a very open minded person. All our actions, as human beings are done under 2 emotions, love or hate. All other emotions stem of from these, i doubt our goal as a species is to experience a 'oneness of hate', im not trying to mock you by the way, hopefully its not coming across like that. I just based my post on that idea, of human emotion.

No problem, i'm not feeling mocked by your reply
. But think of this: How would we be able to show love if that is what everybody does? Like feeding water to a fish. So while it is good for the soul so to speak to be positive and nice for everyone because it means you are being nice to yourself at the same time in some esotheric sense the ones being negative enables this option for us by creating misery.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Some of us are the Devil! (-;

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

LOVE and HATE... i think LOVE is still present but hidden ..in all emotions... take radicals for their religions ... they hate a certain group or race because they truly love their religion .. now if they knew what some of us know... would they still love their religion.. if not then would they hate that certain group if they knew we were all part of one...

Great post, interesting concept/idea

LOVE PEACE PURSUIT OF ENLIGHTENMENT

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Good thread, our dreams connect us to our inner and outer layers of the universe, beings of light we are says master Yoda, not this crude matter.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
There was some other thread with that old truth. For every action there is an opposing reaction. My though is no matter how hard you try to get everyone on the same page, you will have your lovers and haters.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
There was some other thread with that old truth. For every action there is an opposing reaction. My though is no matter how hard you try to get everyone on the same page, you will have your lovers and haters.

Newton laws ( one of them ) of physics , who says it can carry over to here....

for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction
because the law of conservation of energy ( can neither be created nor destroyed) and the reaction can not happen at the same time as the first action...
sorry went off on a tangent there... its funny to see how many of these theories tie together in all aspects and planes and not just in their subject area.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
it really does make sense...lets just think of it in a PHYSICAL sense...
we as humans since we "evolved" were created...genes were swapped by aliens..>WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE.
when the start of man happened...whatever we WANTED...we basically have achieved...
"boy i would love to fly"
we have planes...
WE CREATED a dream...or CONCISENESS created a physical thing....
it sounds so obviously, but when you really think of it...we still created it WITH OUT MIND

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO HAVE SOMETHING TO MAKE MY FOOD COLD ALL THE TIME...
we created a refrigerator

I WANT TO GO FASTER THAN I CAN RIGHT NOW
we created a car

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO "FLY" OR WALK ON THE WATER
we created boats
and so on and so forth
EVERYTHING we have...was from a dream or a DESIRE...our conciseness made it a reality.
why wouldn't it work ANYWHERE ELSE?

food for thought
what do you think?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelhernsin
it really does make sense...lets just think of it in a PHYSICAL sense...
we as humans since we "evolved" were created...genes were swapped by aliens..>WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE.
when the start of man happened...whatever we WANTED...we basically have achieved...
"boy i would love to fly"
we have planes...
WE CREATED a dream...or CONCISENESS created a physical thing....
it sounds so obviously, but when you really think of it...we still created it WITH OUT MIND

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO HAVE SOMETHING TO MAKE MY FOOD COLD ALL THE TIME...
we created a refrigerator

I WANT TO GO FASTER THAN I CAN RIGHT NOW
we created a car

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO "FLY" OR WALK ON THE WATER
we created boats
and so on and so forth
EVERYTHING we have...was from a dream or a DESIRE...our conciseness made it a reality.
why wouldn't it work ANYWHERE ELSE?

food for thought
what do you think?

Yep, that is the layman ideology behind this. We create our world, but im also referring to this not only on a physical level but also on a psychological level. Great post, summed up what i was trying to say nicely.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
So 'God' evolved... what? 200,000 years ago?

What about the 13.7 billion years before that? Who was around to dream these aeons into being?

Or do we dream the history of the universe as well as its present, like God planting fossils in rocks to fool those stupid evolutionists?

Maybe the universe just popped into being when the first hominid squinted into the sky and 'invented' M33, a galaxy 2.9 million light-years away that happens to be the most distant object visible to the naked eye? That would make the universe only 2.9 million years old.

But where did the hominid come from?

In between chewing on that, spare a thought for the poor old universe, which has grown steadily older and older as we have acquired the means to see farther and farther. It's aged nearly fourteen billion years in the last three million. Even Keith Richards can't match that.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
No I'm not God and I'm not creating my own surrounding etc etc.

If I were God, then my life and this planet would be run very differently.

VERY differently.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_

of course, that is the underlying nature of the universe. in order for light to exist there must be an opposite and so there is the dark. love cant exist without hate/fear. we have to live in balance of both these aspects beacuse we are all one and the same. we have the capacity to be both. free will gives us the choice to choose what we want to be and thats the struggle we face everyday.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
No I'm not God and I'm not creating my own surrounding etc etc.

If I were God, then my life and this planet would be run very differently.

VERY differently.

Maybe thats because youre not alone here, again, this is just relying on the collective theory. Ofcourse if i were alone on my own little planet i might just be able to get what i want.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
So 'God' evolved... what? 200,000 years ago?

What about the 13.7 billion years before that? Who was around to dream these aeons into being?

Why assume man is the only sentient being in the universe who is self-aware?

Im just purely speculating, nothing more.
Very interesting post though, and i hope that evolutionist comment wasn't aimed at me, i certainly am no Jesus freak.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Why assume man is the only sentient being in the universe who is self-aware?

Good answer. Still, the energies boiling through the early universe would prevent the formation of any kind of structure, leave alone anything as organized as life. It took a while for baryonic matter to form, and much, much longer before there were any elements heavier than hydrogen and helium. Not much chance of life inside the plasma-packed pressure-cooker of the early universe, I fear.

i hope that evolutionist comment wasn't aimed at me, i certainly am no Jesus freak.

Of course not, I've read plenty of your other posts. I don't think your idea is at all silly - it's in a highly respectable philosophical tradition. The problem that always arises, though, is - if a consensus of minds creates the world, what creates those minds? From a rationalist perspective (your perspective), there is evidence for only one mind - the mind of whoever is asking the question. So the 'many minds' become one mind and the argument becomes whether it is God or the self. Some, like the Neoplatonists and Liebniz, tried to solve the problem by making an identity of God and the self. Others, like Spinoza, made an identity between God and the external world, thus helping (perhaps more successfully) to resolve an equal but opposite problem faced by religious-minded empiricists.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
No I'm not God and I'm not creating my own surrounding etc etc. If I were God, then my life and this planet would be run very differently.

Maybe thats because youre not alone here, again, this is just relying on the collective theory.

Nice one. Now I wonder, what is the range of this world-creating mental force? It must travel countless times faster than light, perhaps even at infinite velocity, because it has created objects billions of light-years away; it has literally gone and created its own past. Is all that it has created real? Or is it all just an illusion, a 'consensual hallucination' as William Gibson called cyberspace?

'Many minds' is another explanation from quantum mechanics, like the better-known 'many worlds' explanation, for why the world is not random, why causes lead to effects in a predictable way. I suggests that a multiplicity of observers and measurements restricts the ambit of probabilities. In a more detailed, scientific sort of way, it is quite similar to the idea expressed in the OP. I'm rather fond of it, but I'm suspicious of explanations for anything that are based on mind. They violate the Copernican Principle, a scientific axiom that can be summed up in the words 'you ain't special'. It's a big universe out there. Frankly, I don't think we - even in collaboration with trillions of other sentient beings strewn among the galaxies - could possibly have created it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join