Originally posted by Nyte Angel
I found this on facebook, thought it would be a good read for the rest of the ATS users:
Topic: Here is why God doesn't exist. The hell am I reading 600+ pages of your crappy arguments. My logic is flawless.
Dominic Hinkins (Cambridge) wrote on June 11, 2008 at 11:18am
1. Suffering exists.
2. If God exists and is worth worshiping, he doesn't want us to suffer, and can stop suffering at will
3. It's not because of our sins because babies also suffer and haven't had time to sin
4. It's not original sin because animals suffer too, and they haven't done anything.
5. Therefore, God doesn't exist or is a masochistic bastard. QED.
..blah blah blah...
There might be a God, but there probably isn't, and not the one you thought of, and he obviously doesn't care much about us...He may be skinny,
shirtless and hung on a cross, but he's still santa claus.
The whole thing is so flawed I can literally make mince meat out of it.
But ill put it in simple words.
1. Failure to acknowledge God as a Sentient Life form
2. Failure to acknowledge the fact that freedom is a product of sentience
3. Failure to acknowledge that Humans are sentient just as God is sentient
4. Blames God for the responsibilities of a FREE world
5. Defines perfection as the human perception of good, instead of defining perfection as absolute authority
6. Calming that the universe started from the big bang implies that something must of caused the motion before it's existance...
7. Is aware ONLY of mainstream christianity, and speaking from a stand point that God is all about being lovey-dovey when it's clear that he is a
master of chaos and death as well
8. Refuses to blame people for their actions of free will
9. Refuses to accept the fact that God has given the people the RIGHT to disobey without his interference... in short, the right to experience free
10. Under-estimates the master of all matter, motion, and kinetic energy by ignoring the possibility that he is more than capable of brainwashing
humans to become all holy and eliminating choice from our lives
11. Claiming that his logic is flawless when humans are obviously.. flawed from multiple perspectives
12. Refuses to acknowledge any source of reputable information of his existence as credible information and dismiss 100% of all claims as false... in
other words ignoring the probability that even 1% could be correct
13. Claims to believe in evolution yet the concept of evolution keeps being re-written... MUCH more than 'religion' ever did...
14. Attempts to combine religion with the concept of an individuals reality, stating that religion defines a believers reality, not the other way
around which is the way it suppose to be
15. Ignorant of the fact that sin is simply separation from GOD!!! Not a consequence of action!!! "though, through association it only appears to
be the case"
Typical argument, typical atheist, typical anti-Christ, typical defeat.
I've butchered many Satanists and atheists with this alone it's literally a crime to them.
They aren't after the truth, they want a battle of logic, so I gave them just that.
I'm not doing this to convince people, because I'd do it differently if I was. This is simply playing the game they made and winning in their own
Now if someone REALLY wants to disprove God, these mainstream
bullet points are like BB's to my Kevlar. What they need is something of higher
Now I acknowledge that I may be wrong. But if this is poker, I'm playing those cards and putting money in it.
[edit on 15-9-2009 by GambitVII]
[edit on 15-9-2009 by GambitVII]