It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is why God doesn't exist.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

It's true. I saw a half fish with a human head, lizard tail and monkey arms come crawling on land last week at the beach.If we evolved their(sic) would still be species at different phases of the evolution ladder and scientists would have found the link/connection they were looking for that doesn't exist.

Sorry, mate, doesn't work that way! But that is the sort of nonsense spouted by Creationist sites.

To fully understand the connectedness of all life (and evolution) you must peer in to the cellular and genetic levels.

An oldie, but a goodie:

More recent:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem
reply to post by tinfoilman

See, I haven't even told you what it is and you already said WRONG!!!!

I didnt say your evidence is wrong, i havent seen it yet (!!!!) What do you think i am? Close minded or something?

I say its wrong that everything you would provide we would say is fake and immediately try to debunk it. We would first debunk it, THEN say its fake.

I have evidence, but you would never believe it as evidence.

If you have scientific evidence that proves without a doubt the existance of the god from the bible then by all means.

Now regardless of evidence, it is possible that all the imagined gods, deities, pink unicorns, elves and dwarves exist somewhere, you cant say they definitly dont, but you need faith to believe they do.

So convince us with your evidence then, or didnt you have any after all?

See, you said it yourself. You didn't say you'd try to debunk it. You said YOU WOULD DEBUNK IT! Without a doubt you would 100 percent DEBUNK IT! You think you're open minded, but you're actually not. You're not seeking the truth. You're waiting for your masters to tell you what to believe.

There is no such thing as proof beyond a doubt. We have evidence and then we have scientists that make interpretations of that evidence. Like climate change. We have scientists that say it's real. We have scientists that say it's fake. They're all looking at the same evidence though. Yet each one believes what they want to believe.

It's just like aliens. We have no evidence whatsoever to prove beyond a doubt that aliens exist, yet everybody tells me that it's illogical to believe that aliens don't exist. Why? Every other planet we've seen is barren. We've received no signals from outer space. We have no proof that UFOs aren't government test crafts. We have no evidence that aliens are real either. So we should assume they don't exist right? That's the proper thing right? But the same scientists that say we shouldn't believe in God because there's no evidence say it's illogical to assume aliens don't exist even though we have no evidence of them?

You have no interest in seeking the truth for yourself. You're just waiting for you master to tell you what to believe. Consider climate change. Some scientists say it isn't real, but the people that "believe in it" say well you shouldn't listen to that scientist. You should listen to this scientist over here that agrees with me. So if I've got different scientists telling me contradicting things then what do they do me? I still have to have faith that one scientist is better than the other right?

Well, I'm looking for the truth on my own. I'm not waiting for the TV box to tell me it's okay to believe something because their scientist says it's okay when I know some other scientist is just going to come along two days later and say the opposite.

By the way? Are eggs good for us, or bad for us today? I forget? What about alcohol? Seems every six months one scientist says it's good for you and then another says alcohol is bad? Which is it? What's your scientific master say? Should I have a beer today or not?

Humans faulted for global warming.

NASA study shows sun is responsible.

Seriously? Who am I supposed to believe?
[edit on 16-6-2009 by tinfoilman]

[edit on 16-6-2009 by tinfoilman]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Honestly, if you were going to prove God doesn't exist (which is impossible), how about you study all the world religions and then explain why you think God doesn't exist (even then it doesn't matter if someone says God does or doesn't exist, you need to experience that). Besides, if you were going to have any authority in your words, wouldn't you actually have to know what you're talking about? It's like a person who gets a degree in fashion design explaining the fundamental flaw in quantum superposition. As least have an understanding of what you're talking about. But yet you refuse to read other religious/spiritual traditions, since you're disinterested and have no passion. A person that has no passion is not someone I'm interested in on any topic really.

Most of the people that feel the need to express their not-so-enlightened thoughts, have not studied any religious/spiritual system. Oh wait, maybe they grew up Christian and went to church 2 times a year with their parents when they were kids and read 1/9th of the Bible 2 times. And based on their awesome experiences, they can dictate to others the nature of reality.

The nature of reality has to be taught, a human mind isn't sufficient.

I'm being redundant here, but it's like a person declaring "Here is why geology doesn't exist". First off, I'd like for them to be a geologist. Second, I'd like to actually have them put forth some effort in to it.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Why do people waste their time and breath on trying to disprove god. Same can be said to the ones trying to prove god. Both sides are morons because you can't prove or disprove god, so why can't either side keep their believes to themselves? Why does either side feel they need to "wake people up" to their ways? Here's the way I see it, we all die someday, nothing can change this very simple fact. When that happens, then we will know whether or not if there is a god. In the meantime, enjoy life, don't worry about what is going to happen after you die, because you're going to find out anyway! I do find the arguements on boths sides funny, I make both sides mad, but oh well.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Here is why God exists and the Anti-Christ is coming soon:

Shows what God is capable of doing in a scientific controlled experiment and there have been many conclusive studies enjoy. This is not your average I saw the same thing in Moby Dick stuff so this will debunk that.

Wow the magic of Gematria!!! This is no trick this simply is.

Oh and of course there is this:

www.biblecodedigest.com...

biblecodedigest.com...

God knows left and right political views and could encode such things. Shows the economic crisis was "financed." I'm sorry but if you can't see what's here you're in denial.

ENGLISH GEMATRIA = 888

SIMPLE ENGLISH = 888

LANGUAGE MIRACLE = 888

GEMATRIA: CODE OF GOD = 888

SAVED IN JESUS = 888

SCRIPTURES = 888

GOD'S PERFECT BIBLE = 888

GOSPEL PARABLES = 888

ABOMINABLE HADES = 666

MARK OF BEAST = 666

THE HAND OR HEAD = 666

A BIO-CHIP DEVICE =666

A CHIP SCANNER = 666

DIGITAL ID CHIP = 666

CRYSTAL ID = 666

MONDEX CHIP = 666

VERISHIELD = 666

AI SYSTEM = 666

CURSES GOD = 666

Is there a God? 666

PEOPLE SIN = 666

HELL: A REAL PLACE = 666

HELL: TWICE DEAD = 666

NEW AGE CULT = 666

MAITREYAS = 666

CREATED BY MAN = 666

WICCAN PAGANS = 666

ZENU LIES = 666 (Too bad for Scientology)

SANTA CLAUS = 666

FOLLOW MAN = 666

FAVOUR MAN =666

BELIEVE IN MAN = 666

America Sins = 666

US of America = 666

New York = 666

25 of December =666

Geneticist=666

Vaccination=666

Adolf Hitler=660

Osama Bin Laden=660

Christmas=660

saddam hussien =660

hung by neck =660

saddam hung =666

adolf hitler =660

heil hitler=660

the gas chamber =660

prisons =660

martial law=660

pope liars =666

illuminati =666

follow man=666

President=660

Perdition=660

Martial Law = 660

False Market=666

Stubborn=666

Unruly=666

Illusion=666

Book of the Dead=666

Jesus is Lord = 906

Jesus Christ = 906

Jesus Power = 906

Son of the Lord = 906

Lord’s Prayer = 906

Holy Spirit = 906

Lord of Hosts = 906

Through Love = 906

Jesus Glory = 906

Jesus Is Alive = 906

Redeemer From God = 906

Jesus Sacrificed = 906

Shed Blood For Man = 906

Prophetic King = 906

Unconditional = 906

Healing Promise = 906

Love is the Law = 906

The Bible Code = 540

Holy Bible = 540

The Jews = 540

1. Total Number of ELSs Examined for Possible Extension: 54,859,950. We assumed that every possible ELS consisting of two to 10 letters with skips ranging from one to 10 consists of a valid Hebrew word or words. We then applied the following formula from Appendix One of Bible Code Bombshell: Formula 1C. The total number of possible ELSs with L skips (including both forward and backward ELSs) that can fit within a text of T letters, when the skip can be any number between one and N is: N* [2T - L - N*L]. This assumption is highly conservative because a large percentage (e.g., 70% to 80%) of the ELSs will consist, at least in part, of gibberish. Also, there will be quite a bit of duplication of words within this set. For example, suppose that Peres loses is one of the 10-letter-long ELSs (assuming, for illustrative purposes, that the ELS is in English when it actually is in Hebrew). Then both Peres and loses will also be counted separately as two 5-letter-long ELSs. 2. Discovery Rate of Extensions: 25%. In the scientific paper, Non-Random ELS Extensions in the Book of Ezekiel, the extension discovery rate from the non-encoded text of a Hebrew translation of Tolstoi's novel, War and Peace, was 19.4% from one of our Hebrew experts (Dr. Nathan Jacobi) and 18.7% from our second Hebrew expert (Moshe Aharon Shak). So we selected 25% as a conservative estimate of the discovery rate. 3. Total Number of Extensions in the 296-Letter-Long ELS: 41. In the chart on the long Peres code, 30 different sentences are shown. However, for 11 of these sentences, their content was complex enough that there were two extensions within those sentences. In deriving the probability of finding a code that was 296 letters long, or longer, we totaled the expected number of occurrences for the situations of 41 or more extensions. For extremely small probabilities, the probability of occurrence is virtually the same as the expected number of occurrences. [This is not true when the expected number of occurrences is greater than 0.1.] The Effects of Making the Probability Estimate Fully Realistic Rather than staying on the conservative side in selecting assumptions one and two above, how would the computed odds change if we used fully realistic assumptions instead? As it is, the computed odds were less than: 1 in 2,776,262,374,820,970. Using fully realistic assumptions, the odds would change to: 1 in 725,868,629,782,817,000,000. In other words, it would have been 261,000 times more improbable. In doing this we assumed 15,000,000 initial search terms for the first assumption and a discovery rate of 19% for the second assumption. Biblecodedigest.com

But even more important than any of this:

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

2 Peter 3:3 "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,"

John 1:3 "All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made."

Jeremiah 12:4 "How long shall the land mourn, and the herbs of every field wither, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein? the beasts are consumed, and the birds; because they said, He shall not see our last end."

[edit on 6/16/2009 by watchtheashes]

[edit on 6/16/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Oh oh, here we go. Here's your science again. Just found this on Fark.
Drinking is bad for you again

Seriously, people want me to live my life by science? I can't change my lifestyle every three seconds. I have to have structure. Come on. Scientists don't know crap.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Not that any of that is necessary for believing and having faith but that sure builds up the faith eh?

Don't go thinking you can make future predictions that is not how it works. Rather they found most of the sentences and paragraphs by accident when only an initial term was found. Further analysis showed extensions that made complete grammatical sense, so now what skeptics said about Moby Dick and Vanilla Ice lyrics is null. Of course History Channel can't show these....

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Everything = God
God = Everything

Is this person claiming that "Everything" does not exist?

I find them silly.

It depends on how you define the word "god".
And this definition is pretty hard to debunk.

Unless of course, you do not believe "everything" exists.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

See, you said it yourself. You didn't say you'd try to debunk it

Its funny (though slightly annoying) to watch you do nothing to acctually prove your claims, and instead purposly misunderstand and waste time saying silly things like this. Its obvious that we TRY debunking..

What masters are you referring to that tell us what to believe? I dont have any masters.

You have no interest in seeking the truth for yourself.

Thats a great insult, and weird if its coming from someone who believes in hearsay written down in the form of the bible.

As you didnt bring any evidence at all, i can only assume you dint have any. No proof there is a god of the bible in existance.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It's impossible to use scientific benchmarks to "prove" the existence of God, and anyone who demands that you do so merely demonstrates their ignorance of both.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The OP made a claim with no personal thoughts and then doesnt come back to respond to others.

For the no response

And for the OP....if you can bring yourself to look past books....you just may understand.

Look in the mirror....look into the eyes of another...humble yourself before the Universe....then you just might find a gem.

For the people posting all the bible links....cant you see, this is not the way to reach people that can obviously see that the Biblical OT God is NOT God.

The OP is on to more then they know....but only time will tell.

It can only be proven 'to' an individual in a humbled mind. No man can prove it to another man.

The ones clinging to the OT god are the ones having the most trouble with who we really are and what God really is. There are some atheist that are further along in their spiritual developement here then many religious folks. You can have a world full of knowledge but yet lack much wisdom. Knowledge via the Bible has made peoples heads so full-their ego shines brighter then their soul.

It all starts with a humble thought that 'I know nothing'....in order to be shone 'something'.

We are made to use our understanding, reasoning and logic which we were MADE with....but yet so few religious folk do this. Why? Because the Bible tells them NOT to use their own reasoning. I guess God messed up when he made us with a intuition and mind huh.

People want to think....well if there was a god we wouldnt suffer. This only tells, the concept of what God is is not understood. God doesnt 'choose' things...God is a order, the highest order which all things emanate from. The order involves physical worlds, physical worlds are based on the law of cause and effect.

It is hard to accept, but once accepted, understanding WILL come. We are made to explore 2 natures....the flesh nature and the spiritual nature. Its all meant to be and its all supposed to be this way. There are no mistakes. We are spiritual beings learning right now....but most are still bucking the process.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem

See, you said it yourself. You didn't say you'd try to debunk it

Its funny (though slightly annoying) to watch you do nothing to acctually prove your claims, and instead purposly misunderstand and waste time saying silly things like this. Its obvious that we TRY debunking..

What masters are you referring to that tell us what to believe? I dont have any masters.

You have no interest in seeking the truth for yourself.

Thats a great insult, and weird if its coming from someone who believes in hearsay written down in the form of the bible.

As you didnt bring any evidence at all, i can only assume you dint have any. No proof there is a god of the bible in existance.

So then you admit that aliens in fact do not exist?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
Why would someone who doesn't believe in God need to disprove His existence? Perhaps they're insecure in their own beliefs.

Ha ha ha yeah its a dead giveaway isn't it

This guys uses some of the easist objections to belief to debunk.

He may find he is not the first to think he has debunked God and many more have explained a God existence much more in depth using much more strict protocols for the inductive arguments to logical fallacy.

I think the best place to start would be here.

Traditional theism holds that God is the creator of heaven and earth, and that all that occurs in the universe takes place under Divine Providence — that is, under God's sovereign guidance and control. According to believers, God governs creation as a loving father, working all things for good. Moreover, it is said, God is an absolutely perfect being. He is, first of all, omniscient or all-knowing: he knows of all truths that they are true, and of all falsehoods that they are false, whether they pertain to past, present or future. And God's knowledge does not change. Nothing is learned or forgotten with him; what he knows, he knows from eternity and infallibly. Second, God is omnipotent or all-powerful: anything that is logically possible, he can do. Finally, God is perfectly good: in all circumstances he acts for the best, intending the best possible outcome. Given these suppositions, our initial expectation would be that creation is ordained to perfect good: that as creator God pitches his efforts, which none can resist, toward accomplishing the greatest good imaginable, and hence that the world in which we find ourselves is, as Leibniz put it, the best of all possible worlds. But alas, the evidence is otherwise. The world may contain much good, but it is also a place of suffering, destruction, and death. Life is brief, and afflicted with sorrows of every kind—as often as not with no discernible purpose at all, much less a good one. And it ends for each of us in personal destruction—in death, which trumps all worldly hopes, and conceals impenetrably any experience that may lie beyond. Nor are these mere human hardships. Every living thing dies, all that is beautiful perishes, everything nature builds is destroyed. Indeed, if science is right not an atom, not a photon will escape the cauldron of the universe's final collapse. How can all of this be, if God's nature is as tradition postulates??

BE ADVISED: Unless you want to keep the disbelief in a deity or God y6ou currently may have, reading this in its entirety may shake your faith in your atheism it answeres these and many more questions about how and why and what God is and about.

Enjoy, plato.stanford.edu...

[edit on 6/17/2009 by UltraAgentGirl]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Lumina
Why do people waste their time and breath on trying to disprove god. Same can be said to the ones trying to prove god. Both sides are morons because you can't prove or disprove god, so why can't either side keep their believes to themselves? Why does either side feel they need to "wake people up" to their ways? Here's the way I see it, we all die someday, nothing can change this very simple fact. When that happens, then we will know whether or not if there is a god. In the meantime, enjoy life, don't worry about what is going to happen after you die, because you're going to find out anyway! I do find the arguements on boths sides funny, I make both sides mad, but oh well.

Lol! that is true. You make me double mad though because I am on both sides!
Just kidding!!

Has anyone played dice?? If anyone can tell God doesn't exist but also don't believe that you can roll a fair dice to always land on the same number all the time. Is a confessing hypocrite!

Because that's what we're dealing with - uncertainty. Until then, we must keep our minds open. There's nothing wrong with knowing both sides of the coin, in fact, the more you know, the better.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

So then you admit that aliens in fact do not exist?

Again, you show poor understanding. You seem to think that i say;
-there isnt evidence for god or aliens,
therefore we should think that they do not exist.

Im acctually saying;
-there isnt evidence for god or aliens,
therefore you shouldnt think they DO exist.

That would be just as irrational as believeing in the invicible pink unicorn.
Well smartypants, there is a difference between lacking belief in them, and believing they dont exist.

Drinking is bad for you again

When was it all good to drink? Ive worked with patients that were alcoholics, (with liver damage etc) so its blatantly obvious that its not bloody good for you.

Now they always discover new good or bad sides of drinking. They might say drinking protects against some types of cancer, cause it helps forms a protective "shield" around some intestines (made up example), but that doesnt negate the other bad effects, and suddenly make it good for you.

You know they say water is good for you too. But drink a little too much and *wham*, you got a case of water poisoning. So i guess water isnt good for you (potentially fatal) Stupid science.

In 2008, Jacqueline Henson, a 40-year-old British woman, died after drinking four litres of water in under two hours as part of her LighterLife diet plan.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
God does exist. Maybe not one we are aware of like most religions portray, but there is something up there, or down there, or sideways.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Well said. Star for you.

I've also believed there is a master programmer or designer of our universe. GOD = Genius Of Design !

This program with words / codes tells a sperm who to become, and a seed what to grow as.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Stuart Chase: “For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don’t believe, no proof is possible.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well Said Wolfke

Here are a few of of my own thoughts on the God Exists/does not exist (delete which ever applies) debate.

I believe proof is the ammount of references required to establish a sense of certainty that something is fact.

Not a hard and fast rule but its worth thinking about. How much "evidence" would change your mind. For some people seeing is believing and if its on the evening news it must be true.

Others like Noam Chomsky might ask who is creating the "story" in the first place and what are they leaving out.

Religion has been around for a long time as has people sense of some deeper underlying reality.

People have always sought to impose/share/evangelise there own special brand of reality, others have defended/supressed/rejected different or opposing views.

Does God exist? Well who's asking that question and why? Is it a question or just a rhetorical statement.

Perhaps an answer to the question is, Do we exist? Prove that and then you could tackle something larger like a intelligence that formed the universe or such like.

If horses had thought of evolution first they would have put themselves at the top of the evolutionary tree! lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join